1966 Mercedes-Benz 250S W108 well documented original w Gorgeous Interior
- Condition: Used
- Make: Mercedes-Benz
- Model: 200-Series
- SubModel: 1966 W108 250S
- Type: Sedan
- Trim: W108
- Year: 1966
- Mileage: 105,618
- VIN: 10801212013463
- Color: White
- Engine size: 6 cylinder
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Red Tex
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1966 Mercedes-Benz 200-Series 1966 W108 250SUnmolested well documented original Mercedes-Benz 250S with a long list of factory accessories. Bought new at Turner Motors, (1960s Studebaker Mercedes-Benz dealer in West Chester, Pennsylvania) and picked-up at the factory in Germany, driven around Europe and shipped to the USA from Rome (1966). Three owner vehicle with the original owner clocking all but the last two thousand miles through 1997. Matching numbers. Low Reserve. ’66 Mercedes-Benz 250S thumbnail description:
- Original 105,618 miles
- Full documentation from new with detailed original owner diary through 1997 at 103,333 miles
- Loaded with original factory and Mercedes-Benz dealer installed options including air conditioning
- Original DB717 Off White exterior with optional DB117 Red Tex interior
- 4 speed automatic column shift transmission
- Non running vehicle – off the road since 2006 – engine does not turn
- Some rust repair needed
- Matching numbers
- Ivory steering wheel and center cap
- 5 original wheels date stamped 5.66 (May 1966)
- 2 spare wheels date stamped 8.66 purchased for snow tires (11.66)
- Original pair of Bosch Supertone high / low note horns plus original factory installed accessory Bosch chrome dual tone horns
- Appears all original with no modifications
- Valid PA Title & complete paperwork
Following Accessories & Non-Standard Equipment are listed on the original sales invoice and factory Data Card:
• DB717 Paint code – Off White
• DB117 Upholstery – Red MB Tex
• 228 / 229 tinted glass – all windows
• 401 Bucket seats
• 421 Automatic transmission with column shift
• 422 Power Steering
• 431 Front safety seat belts
• 452 Dual tone Bosch horns (chrome)
• 491 US equipment
• 508 Left outside mirror
• 515 Becker Europa AM-FM radio
• 531 Hirshman power antenna
• 641 White wall tires
• 835 Cocoa mats
• Dealer installed factory Thermo King air conditioner with original Turner Motors (MB dealer) invoice $451.50 (not on sales invoice or data cards)
Original documentation includes: Sales Invoice in DM dated June 16, 1966, Confirmation of Order for European Delivery dated May 1, 1966, shipping documents, Data Cards, Becker radio documents and owners manual, Hirschmann antenna documents, Thermo King documents, all service invoices for 103k miles from 1966 to 1997, detailed owner diary of all operating expenses for 103k miles, Owner’s Manual, Owner’s Service Manual, Wheel Change Instructions card, Glove box Catalog B parts manual, etc.
The original off white lacquer paint is showing normal lacquer aging cracking, paint chips and age. There is a small dent in each of the front fenders. Door, hood and trunk gaps are excellent with no obvious signs of prior body damage. Beautiful chrome. Glass is tinted and all original – windshield has a small chip. All five wheels are original and date stamped 5.66 (May 1966) with trim rings and hub caps in excellent condition (one hub cap needs replacement). Two additional wheels were purchased in November 1966 for snow tires. Those wheels are date stamped 8.66 and are in the trunk with unpainted hub caps. One set of factory keys for: ignition; driver’s door; trunk & glove box lock. Includes the original tool kit, jack, lug wrench, wheel change lug and spare wheel.
This well documented 250S is destined to grow in value. Hopefully the above details together with the 24 photos provides you with a good overall view of the car’s condition. The Mercedes has a valid Pennsylvania title and is sold as is where is with no written or implied warranty. This is a non-operative vehicle and will need to be moved by a car hauler / trailer (rolls and steers freely).
Please email with any questions before bidding. Serious bidders are encouraged to view the vehicle located at my shop in Reading, Pennsylvania 19601, USA. If interested, call Fred + 1 610 796 1446 eastern time. Ebay members with less than 5 positive feedback must communicate with us before bidding. Very reasonable reserve.
Payment terms: $500 PayPal deposit within 24 hours of auction end. Balance via bank wire transfer. Full payment must be received within 7 calendar days of end of auction.
Shipping arrangements are the full responsibility of the auction winner. Vehicle pick-up must be within 14 days of end of auction. Thank you.
We are the promoters of the Deutsche Classic, Mid Atlantic’s premier all German automotive event held in Reading, PA on Saturday July 8th, 2017.