1992 Mercedes Benz 500 SL 500sl
- Condition: Used
- Make: Mercedes-Benz
- Model: SL-Class
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: 500 SL
- Year: 1992
- Mileage: 126,265
- VIN: WDBFA66E0NF041910
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: 5.0
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Safety options: Anti-Lock Brakes
- Options: Cassette Player, CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1992 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class
Local Mercedes club member selling my 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500SL. Runs great, lots of power, gets 16mpg on my commute to work. Better on longer trips. Great blue exterior with cream leather interior. Blue canvas top, hard top. TSW 18" wheels with Continental tires. New Kenwood stereo,CD, BlueTooth, i-phone jack, HD Radio, etc, fresh tune-up including Bosch caps, rotors and new 4-point spark plugs, serviced at MBI motors. Odometer shows 126k miles, but cannot verify accuracy-may have had odometer replaced?…Runs and drives great. Does not leak or burn oil, but does leak a little power stearingfluid. Air conditioning blows cold, heater works great. Cruise control not working? But I have not tinkered with it yet. May be an easy fix. Not perfect, but a very respectable collector Mercedes. Selling with low reserve. Or call and make offer. Call or text Doug a 503-689-6070. I can arrange to deliver car to Portland shipping terminals at no cost.On Jul-26-16 at 11:43:46 PDT, seller added the following information:
- UPDATE on mileage: After purchasing a better Vehicle History Report, I am fully confident in the stated mileage of 126,000! My first cheap VIN report had a caution on the mileage, but without any details. An inspection of the new report linked to this ebay ad shows a clear and consistent history starting in Nevada and ending in Oregon. I guess you get what you pay for when buying Vehicle History reports, too!
- RESERVE Price: Please only bid if you are serious. I can tell from the bidding and interest that this auction will reach the reserve, which is over $4k, but well under $5k. If you wanted to pick this car up for $3200, its not going to happen, but neither will you have to pay $7-10k for it either! These cars are a really great value for your money!
- WHO SHOULD BUY THIS CAR? Please, do NOT buy this car if you are not a little bit mechanically inclined. If you needed a repair and your only solution is to head to the Mercedes Dealership, and yet you can't afford a $500 repair, then you probably don't want this car. HOWEVER, if you are a little bit creative, or maybe use the internet to trouble shoot some of your issues that might arise, or you aren't bothered by paying a mechanic to do your maintenance, then you should be good. If you are not opposed to buying a used part on Ebay and saving a few hundred dollars, then this could work for you. This is a luxury sports car that is almost 25 years old. What I don't want to happen is for the new buyer to get this home and start driving it and then have a red light come on, and then call me and ask me what I am going to do about it. I am not trying to be a grump on this, but not everyone is up to driving a classic Mercedes. I have been able to do almost every needed repair on this myself for pretty small bucks... and I enjoy the challenge and the learning process. The more you understand your car, the more you appreciate the great build quality these were made with. After all, they sold new for over $90,000 24 years ago!
- Plese contact me if you have any questions, and "Happy Bidding!" -Doug
PS: the VIN report lists 7 previous owners. However, I see that they are counting every title transaction as a new owner. Several of these transactions are simply applying for a new title to remove the lien holder's name. The car started new in Nevada, and came to Bend Oregon in 2010. That is the dry side of Oregon, so this is why the car has NO rust anywhere! Cheers!