1967 MERCEDES 250S -EURO SPEC. 4-SPEED - DOC. SERVICE & CA. HISTORY / 115K Mi
Price: US $3,650.00 Item location: Pleasanton, California, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Mercedes-Benz
- Model: 200-Series
- SubModel: 250S
- Type: 4 Door
- Year: 1967
- Mileage: 115,000
- VIN: 10801210049457
- Color: Dark Blue
- Engine size: 2.5 Liter Gas
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: 4-Speed
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Blue & Tan
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1967 Mercedes-Benz 200-Series 250S
1967 Mercedes 250S
Rare European Example Imported by U.S. Traveler in 1967
Long Time California Car with 115,000 Miles
Factory Correct Blue, -Speed, uro Lights & Speedometer
This car is offered at a realistic price and, nlike bidding on cars in an auction environment, ou will have the benefit of extensive information and history on the car prior to making a buying decision. Equally as important is the fact that Classic Cars Ltd. has been in business for 23+ years and enjoys an excellent national / international relationship with over 890 positive eBay feedback responses.
Please keep in mind that we will gladly...
1. Answer any questions over the telephone and take the time to guide prospective customers through the buying process (925-846-1451).
2. Assist with locating a quality, uitable transportation at very competitive prices.
3. Provide proof that we are licensed, onded (for the financial transaction), ully insured, nd operate from an established showroom environment.
4. Provide feedback from previous buyers, nd specific references for vehicle purchases in your area (we also ask that you view our detailed eBay feedback by clicking on the number to the right of the eBay user name)
5. Offer additional information including specific photographs or clarification of any part of our description of the vehicle
Thank you again, lease let me know if I can be of assistance.
Paul R. Wankle, res.
Classic Cars Ltd.
DETAILS-THIS PARTICULAR 1967 MERCEDES-BENZ 250S
If this Mercedes could talk, e sense it would share some very interesting stories about its travel / life. The Mercedes Benz Service booklet documents the car from its delivery in 1965 in Italy to a Professor who drove the car in Europe and exported the car to the USA after driving it 3,261 kilometers (just over 2,100 miles).
The 250S was serviced twice while in Europe, oth services taking place at the recommended Mercedes Benz maintenance intervals. Specifically, he first service occurred at 500 kilometers with the second documented service at 3,261 kilometers in Verona, taly. The next record of service was the 6,000 mile suggested service (performed at 6,160 miles) by a Mercedes Benz Service facility.
The Mercedes has been in California since 1977 when it had a documented 64,668 miles as stamped in the MBZ Service Booklet by Stahl Motor Co, nc. Monterey, a. It is important to note that the service stamps leading up to that point support that the car had very low mileage (64,668 miles, ot 164,668 miles) and that it received literally every suggested service at 3,000 mile intervals. For another 10 years, hrough 12-7-87, he extensive maintenance documentation continued and is recorded in the booklet with stamps every 3,000 miles. Interestingly enough, he service booklet only has space for servicing records until the 200,000km (120,000 mile) mark, ervice #41 when the page ends and does not allow for additional entries. We were told by the cars second owner that the obsessive service continued and was documented on separate repair invoices that were misplaced when the car was transported to Florida under new ownership. The second owner brought the car back after only one year and it now resides in Northern California once again. It seems very clear from the documented maintenance that this Mercedes was not only very well treated but also used minimally by its particular owner.
Both ID plates remain in place on the front core support and are shown in the data plate on the driver's door jamb showing the car was manufactured in June 1967.
The car carries a clear transferrable title with a VIN of 10801210049457. Considering the maintenance and durability of the Mercedes 250S, he car's new owner can anticipate many future years and miles of pleasurable driving.
NOTE: The mileage shown on the Mercedes is 85,876 kilometers (actually 185,876 kilometers). Converted to miles, he car would 115,500 miles.
The following original factory documentation is included with the 250S:
- Owner's Manual 250S
- Mercedes Benz Service Booklet with considerable MBZ factory service documentation
- Original Mercedes Benz Build / Data Card
- Original Metal Data / Warranty plate
- Mercedes Benz "Catalog" (showing all parts for vehicle - in several languages including English) - Dated 1965
- Mercedes Benz Care Products Brochure
- Directory of Mercedes Benz Dealers in the USA
- File of maintenance receipts
- Original Mercedes Folder for above materials
- Mercedes Benz Repair & Tune-Up Guide by "Glenn's"
The Mercedes represents a very solid, riginal example that runs and drives well, resenting a nice appearance, specially for a 49 year old vehicle that could be classified as a "Survivor." The car is not a restored example but will make a wonderful "driver" quality car with room to bring it to another level or use it as a long time California car with excellent maintenance history and documentation.
The car is finished in the original dark blue factory color and has received one re-spray. The paint is high gloss and there is no indication of partial repainting of panels since the car received a complete repaint several years ago. The paint is certainly presentable but shows patina from use including several small chips, icks and minor imperfections. Close inspection reveals some preparation sanding marks under the paint in some top surfaces but the paint is even and makes these areas difficult to notice. There are no signs of rust through or rot in the typical areas including the rocker panels, ower doors, runk and engine bay or other vulnerable areas. An inspection of the cars underbody from the ground suggests a similar rust free condition.
Perhaps most important, he car shows no history of panel replacement or current or previous accident damage. The panel fit is high quality in the German tradition with excellent door, runk and hood gaps. The exterior trim is good with bright chrome that is free from the rust seen on cars that have lived in the Midwest and East Coast their entire lives.
The interior has been updated with an attractive two-tone tan/blue fabric that has held up well. Both front and rear seats were completely re-done and are free from major damage, tains or imperfections. Seat belts have been replaced and the car is fitted with both front and rear belts. There are harnesses for the driver and passenger.
The remainder of the interior is very original and shows signs of age. While the vertical wood on the dash and most of the wood on the pillars is good, he piece that runs along the windshield is damaged on the left side of the driver's area. Additionally, here are numerous cracks on the top side door panels and the upper portion of the dash shows cracks, s well. Other portions of the interior trim reflect the age of the Mercedes including, ut not limited to some missing rubber on the door sills, orn fabric on the door seals and other normal wear & tear that occurs with a vehicle of this vintage. The gauges are all factory and functional with the exception of the clock. The dealer installed push button Blaupunkt radio is in place.
The trunk is extremely solid with no signs of rust. The original spare tire and jack are in place and a box of miscellaneous parts is included. The engine bay is in very original configuration and the engine is free from excessive oil & grease. It has the appearance of being well maintained and, mportantly, hows no signs of current or previous accident damage.
We would classify this example as a light project that is perfect for someone that is looking for a classic Mercedes 250S that can be used as is and enjoyed but improved over time.
The Mercedes starts, uns, nd drives well. The engine is strong and offers surprising good performance for the size of the car, artly due to the added benefit of the 4-speed transmission that also makes the car more enjoyable to drive. There are no apparent issues with the major driveline components. The car shifts great and the syncromesh gears are very good. The clutch is excellent with no chattering or slipping and engages properly. The brakes are equally good stopping the Mercedes without pulling or fuss. The emergency brake is properly adjusted and holds the car on a grade.
The power steering pump appears to have a leaking seal at the top of the reservoir but the power steering is operational and when the car warms up (after a bit of groaning in the morning). The charging system is good and the battery has been replaced recently.
The tires are a matched set of Kuhmo tires with significant remaining tread and a serviceable spare tire / original wheel. The original Mercedes chrome wheel covers with matching blue MBZ logo centers are in place.
The gauges are functional with the exception of the clock and the electrical system is good including working lights, right lights, urn signals, ash lights, nd even the manually operated interior light! The radio was working but lately seems to be intermittent. A connection, erhaps? Note: As a Euro car, he speedometer reads in kilometers so a conversion card was kept in the console to provide a reference for how fast you are actually driving.
- Carries a clear, ransferable title
- Repair manual included
- Miscellaneous spare parts included
- Chrome fender trim included but not installed
SPECIFICATIONS OF THE 1967 MERCEDES-BENZ 250S
- Length 184.5"
- Wheelbase 108.3"
- Width 69.7"
- Height 56.7"
- Track 56.85" (Front) 56.69" (Rear)
- Dry weight 3,350 lb.
- Engine 2.5 liter / Twin 2 bbl. Zenith
- Horsepower 146 gross hp
- Transmission 4 Speed
- Brakes Disc 4-Wheel - Power Assisted
- Electrical 12 Volt
- Suspension Front - Double Wishbone / Coil Rear - Low-pivot Swing axle / coil
HISTORY OF THE MERCEDES-BENZ 250S (W108)
The Mercedes W108 Series premiered at the Frankfurt Auto Show in 1965. The W108 series refers to the "Junior" S Class cars, ll of which began with the numbers 250 or 280. The initial model lineup consisted of three W108s: 250S, 50SE, nd 300SE, s well as a sole W109, he 300SEL. Engines for the new car were carried over from the previous generation, ut enlarged and refined.
During the winter of 1967/1968 Daimler launched its new generation family of vehicles.
The W108 now included 250S and 250SE, ith production starting in November 1967. These replaced the 250S, 50SE and 300SE; however production of export-designated 250S would continue until March 1969.
The 250S was fitted with two downdraft carburetors, roduced 140 hp and could push the car to over 125 mph with 0-60 mph taking just 11.7 seconds. Thanks to the better arrangement of cylinders, ooling, nd hence economy, mproved. Performance of the 250S (W108) was good for a full sized sedan of this era with a top speed of 190 km/h (185 on auto) and a 0-100 acceleration in 10.5 seconds.
PURCHASING A COLLECTOR VEHICLE - THINGS TO CONSIDER
As always, e recommend that you carefully review the seller's background for any collector car being sold over the Internet. It is important to ask yourself a number of questions including, ut not limited to:
- How long have they been in business?
- How much experience do they have with collector cars?
- How many positive collector car vehicle sales have they completed (positive eBay feedback)?
- How detailed/complete is the description of the vehicle?
- Do the photos show details of the interior, xterior, op, hrome, tc. or are they simply "glamour shots" taken from a distance?
- Does the seller have a Surety Bond to protect the financial transaction?
- What about insurance, icensing by the state, nd a local business license?
- Does the seller (if a business) have any DMV (Motor Vehicle) complaints and/or other history of legal action, rievances?
- Does the seller enjoy a favorable local and national/international reputation?
- Can the seller assist with funding sources, ransportation and out of state/country sales?
ABOUT CLASSIC CARS LTD.
- Classic Cars Ltd. has been in the same, mall, alifornia town for over 23 years. We operate a small "brick & mortar", ndoor showroom, nd specialize in the sale, onsignment, nd purchase of high performance and specialty vehicles of all types. We have a particular interest in sports cars and unique vehicles.
- The majority of our vehicles come from local, rivate owners and collectors, nd many were sold new in California. We appreciate that rust free cars, ith excellent documentation and history are especially attractive to our buyers both locally, nd around the country. As a result, e do not purchase our collectible cars from "distressed" sales, uch as wholesale auctions, alvage sales, r lien sales. We do not sell vehicles with salvage titles, r those that have a history of significant accident damage or repair.
- We have sold hundreds of unique, lassic and collectible vehicles and regularly deal with buyers that have not had the experience of purchasing a large (both physically and monetarily) item on eBay, r through an Internet source. Our eBay feedback is 100% positive on all vehicle sales from customers around the globe and is a reflection of our commitment to accurate, omplete, nd thorough vehicle descriptions.
- We have been shipping vehicles for years and have established excellent contacts that are not only high quality but very price competitive. We do not use brokers, erminal shipping or other discount methods. Call us or email for a quote directly to your home or office.
- Please review our feedback on eBay (user name Never22Many) representing over 890 positive transactions to buyers all over the United States / World.
- We are fully insured, onded, nd licensed for collector car sales all over the United States/World.
- Classic Cars Ltd. carries a $50,000 Surety bond to cover financial transactions
- We frequently sell vehicles to out of State / out of country buyers, nd will be glad to provide references for buyers in your area.
MISCELLANEOUS GENERAL INFORMATION
- As with virtually all collector/specialty vehicles, e find that parts and resources are readily available for this (and most every vehicle), hanks in large part to the Internet.
- In addition to the purchase price of the vehicle, alifornia buyers will be subject
to sales tax, documentation fee, MV transfer fees and license/registration. Out-of-state buyers will be responsible for the purchase price of the vehicle and any local taxes / fees will be the purchaser's responsibility to pay in their respective state. IMPORTANT NOTE: If the vehicle is delivered or driven in California and driven on California roads, ales-tax, icense/registration and transfer fees will be assessed per California law.
- While we encourage telephone calls to discuss this vehicle in greater detail we will not respond to inquiries asking "What is the reserve". Also, f you would prefer that we call you to answer any questions about the vehicle; shipping alternatives, tc. please e-mail us with your telephone number and will gladly get back in touch with you.
- We encourage inspections of this Mercedes by serious, ualified individuals or professional inspectors. Please call at 925-846-1451 to arrange a convenient time.
- As with any collectible vehicle of this vintage we are unable to provide a warranty or guarantee of condition. However, e make every effort to accurately represent our vehicles, nd highlight both positive items as well as areas that require attention. We ask that prospective buyers consider our eBay history/feedback, tanding in the community, ength of time in business, nd other factors when purchasing a collectible vehicle from Classic Cars Ltd.
- Minor cosmetic issues/flaws may be present on every vehicle (regardless of cost) including small chips, icks, cratches, tc. that can be seen on even the best restoration, r even a relatively new, sed "pre-owned" vehicle. Also, wnership of a collectible / specialty vehicle is more enjoyable if the owner is familiar with the "realities" of these unique cars. Unlike more modern day vehicles, hese cars require regular, ngoing care/maintenance and some mechanical knowledge, atience, nd understanding can make the experience considerably more pleasant. That said, ollector / "specialty" car owners will tell you (emphatically) that they love their cars and wouldn't trade them for anything!!
- Often times photographs do not show imperfections that can be identified when a car is seen "in person." While we do not use Photoshop or alter our photos in any way, e ask that you carefully view the photos to identify minor flaws and defects that may be present.
- The information contained in this description is believed to be accurate but, n some instances, as been provided by the car's owner / owners or outside sources. As a result, e are unable to guarantee the accuracy of the information. We encourage verification of "numbers" and significant data prior to the purchase of any collector vehicle that you are considering.
Classic Cars Ltd.
Terms & Conditions
Thank You & Happy Bidding
Classic Cars Ltd.
Sellers: Get your own map of past buyers. Fast. Simple.