1972 Mercedes-Benz 280se 4.5
- Condition: Used
- Make: Mercedes-Benz
- Model: 200-Series
- SubModel: SE
- Type: Sedan
- Trim: SE
- Year: 1972
- Mileage: 136,878
- VIN: 108.067-12-009476
- Color: Horizon Blue
- Engine size: 4.5 V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Navy
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1972 Mercedes-Benz 200-Series SE
This is a great example of the W108. This car is not fully restored, ut well on it's way. It is perfect for someone who wants a classic that still has a few projects to be completed. I'm the third owner of this car, hich was purchased in St. Louis in 2005, nd has been in Arizona since, nd garaged it's entire life. Over the past 10 years I have updated or repaired the car to get it to the state it is now. It runs very strong, verything is in good working order, nd original except for items listed below.
Original Equipment that has been changed or update.
-Points have been converted to electronic
-Rear Suspension Compensator has been switched to Spring. (Have all original parts)
-Custom carpets for entire car, ncluding trunk, rom original owner.
Key items Done.
-Speedo rebuilt in 2005
-All heater levers replaced with original Mercedes parts
-New Fuel pump in 2005
Have all maintenance and repair records for the past 10 years. Extra Bosch Computer Mercedes Maintenance and Repair guides. etc..
Items that need to be completed.
-AC works, ut does not blow cold
-Rear Headliner needs to be re-tucked. Headliner is in great condition otherwise
-Turn signal does not lock in right turn position. Can be held in place
- Veneer on dash is in good condition, ut could be redone. Lacquer has some crazing. Dash bow has been restored
- Dash Clock is not running,have spare
- Paint is original, nd in pretty good condition. No rust, hought there is one spot on the drivers fender that the paint chipped away (about the size of a dime). I believe the trunk lid was repainted at some point in the past, ut is a very good match, ust a tiny bit dull. Small section of the painted underbody protection, n the driver front fender, as some crazing and cracking. Most likely caused by a leak in power steering master cylinder.
There are too many items that have been updated to list them all, ut please let me know if there are any specific questions.