A uniquely original Mercedes W114 280 Sedan
Price: US $1,000.00 Item location: Redmond, Washington, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Mercedes-Benz
- Model: 200-Series
- Type: Sedan
- Trim: 280 Sedan
- Year: 1975
- Mileage: 41,513
- VIN: 11406012115157
- Color: Green
- Engine size: M110
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Green
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1975 Mercedes-Benz 200-SeriesUp for auction is my lovely 1975 Mercedes 280 sedan. This W114 280 is one of the best conditions I’ve seen in a long time. When I was looking for it I got to see many examples of the W114 platform in various conditions and I must say this one is a rare find. Has 41K on the clock, ut I don’t know if this is the original mileage. It is possible as the condition may warrant it, ut service records I got from the car only go back to 2000 where the car had 29K miles. So, hat means the car has done 12K miles in the last 15 years. All the records are from the same owner. Here is a full description of the condition: Pictures can be seen here: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=BD25120FF4F5CE4E!42240&authkey=!ALkUqSq7DmkyRIQ&ithint=folder%2cjpg Video can be seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bioy2zRW6B4 Body: Nice original green paint in really good condition (not just for being 41 years old, ut in really good condition overall). Straight and true body with no damage and no rust whatsoever anywhere in the car. All doors open and close properly as do the hood and trunk. All glass is original and in good condition. I have only noticed a tiny chip on the windshield, ut does not obstruct view. Interior: Darker green in color and in great condition, o rips, ears at all. The headliner is original and in good condition. Door cards are in great condition. All windows go up and down - driver’s is a bit slow, ut still functions properly. Drivetrain: M110 engine runs great and smooth as it should. The original Solex 4A1 has been replaced for a Weber kit. It runs great – however, he Solex has been completely rebuilt (including a sonic clean) with new parts and it comes with the car. The transmission engages smoothly and shifts smoothly in all gears. The car drives great and pulls nicely from idle. Things to note: Although the car is in great condition as described above, here are a few things I would like to point out to ensure full disclosure and also a couple of recommendations…
- I have replaced the fuel pump, uel filter, oses and fuel tank strainer as there were fuel starvation issues – no more problems.
- The weatherstrip in doors is a bit dry and cracked in some areas (should not be a surprise given age, ut wanted to point out anyway).
- There is one hairline crack on the dashboard and an older repair (both pictured and in the video).
- There is one little chunk of the front bumper missing (it almost look like the dog ate it, ee pictures).
- The only non-stock item in car is the CD changes installed at some point (10 CD changed in the trunk with head unit and cassette behind face).
- I think left rear lower quarter panel may have been repainted, ut I can’t tell for sure. I look inside the trunk and under it and can’t find any damage, hich leads me to believe that if it was repainted, t was a superficial/cosmetic issue.
- Right fog lamp if not working.
- If I was keeping the car, would replace rubber parts as they are getting old and cracking (mounts and bushings). Now, ith that said, he car drives great with no issues or noises.
- There are a couple of paint chips in the leading edge of the hood.
- Exhaust muffler is old and has some corrosion on the core. However, here is no unusual noise or loud/blown exhaust.
- Glove compartment lid need fixing (hangs a bit loose)
- There is a small dent under the driver side rocker panel (probably improperly placed jack)
- Bids from bidders with low or negative feedback will be deleted unless they contact me first.
- Please ask questions before bidding – I will gladly answer any and all questions.
- I will be happy to help with shipping as long as it is arranged and paid for by the winner.
- A non-refundable deposit of $500 is required within 48 hours of auction’s end.
- Balance is due within 7 days of auction’s end. Accepted forms of payment are bank wire transfer, ashier’s check or cash. Car and documents will only be released after funds clear.