1993 Mazda RX7 - NO RESERVE
- Condition: Used
- Make: Mazda
- Model: RX-7
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1993
- Mileage: 92500
- VIN: JM1FD3311P0209262
- Color: Burgundy
- Engine size: 1.3L Rotary
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Safety options: Anti-Lock Brakes, Driver Airbag, Passenger Airbag
- Options: Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1993 Mazda RX-7
I am the third owner of this 1993 RX7 1.3L Twin Turbo Rotary powered. It is a beautiful car that still turns heads every time it is driven but it isn't toddler friendly and at this point in my life, I just don't have the opportunity to spend driving it as I did in the past so it is finally time I let her go.
I purchased the car in 2004 out of Jacksonville Florida with 81K miles on it. The car has since been a Texas car and now has 92.5K original miles. At the time I purchased it, the second owner provided documentation/receipts showing he had the engine and turbos rebuilt by Pettit Racing out of Florida.
Since I have owned it some of the best RX7 shops in the country have been the only ones to touch it.
While still in business Gotham Racing performed the following work:
- replaced the computer with an APEX FC Commander and Steve Kahn (nationally known RX7 tuner) tuned the car himself.
- rebuilt and upgraded the transmission to handle 450+ rwhp
- installed adjustable TEIN Coilovers (all 4)
Since then all service/maintenance has been performed by myself or Rotary Performance.
The car runs and drives well but is rarely driven. I typically just start it up every other month to make sure it stays in running condition.
In addition to the upgrades / features listed above it has a number of others. I know I am missing a number of the enhancements but here are a few I remember off the top of my head:
- Factory Leather Seats
- Factory A/C (still blows cold)
- Upgraded Exhaust with cat deleted
- Secondary Oil Cooler
- K&N Cold Air Intake
- Complete Body Kit & Spoiler (C-West - if I remember correctly)
- 18" Wheels
- Sun Roof
The car does have a few issues as any 25+ year old car will which are noted below. That is being reflected in the low No-Reserve price of this auction is being started at.
The items I am currently aware of are:
- paint issue on rear bumper (a 2" circle that has lost the clear coat for some reason -- it can be seen in the pictures)
- driver side power window switch is out (I have the replacement switch, I just have to locate it)
- the odometer LED went out the last time it was in the shop so you can't see the actual mileage but the shop said it just needed the LED connection soldered back together to resolve the issue. Mileage should be verifiable through AutoCheck Report.
- driver side door is stuck shut. I only spent 30 minutes trying to get it released and haven't had time to spend on it otherwise. Based on forums this should be rather simple to fix but since I'm selling anyway, I decided to leave it for the buyer and just start the listing with a lower starting price on a No-Reserve auction.
- the airbag light started blinking and buzzes every time the light blinks. This started the last time I drove it. I believe it has something to do with a fuse but can't access the interior fuse panel until the driver side door can be opened.
That summarizes most of the history and details I can remember at this time but please feel free to email with any additional questions you may have.
The winning bidder must submit a $500 deposit via PayPal within 24 hours of the auction closing.