1983 MAZDA RX-7 GSL 1 Owner, ONLY 21K Actual Miles!! 5 Spd. Amazing, Near Mint!!
Price: - Item location: Cape Coral, Florida, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Mazda
- Model: RX-7
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: GSL Sport Coupe
- Year: 1983
- Mileage: 21,275
- VIN: JM1FB3315D0747433
- Color: Maya Gold Metallic
- Engine size: 1.1 Liter Rotary
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Options: Cassette Player, Leather Seats, Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL Sport Coupe* 1983 MAZDA RX-7 GSL Coupe * * One Owner Car 35 Years!! * * ONLY 21,275 ACTUAL MILES !! * * Collector Quality, Near Mint Condition !! * * Good Luck Finding Another!! *
Before you is my all original 1983 MAZDA RX-7 GSL Sport Coupe. I will be thorough in my description, as this is a special example of this great sports car. I'm aretired Mazda dealer principle, and a collector/hobbyist. I have owned more than 25 RX-7's in my 60 years. The particulars of this Mazda RX-7 are as follows:
* On Wednesday, July 20, 1983, Ed Petras arrived at Bob Moss Mazda in Flint, MI. to purchase a new RX-7. He selected a Maya Gold Metallic GSL. This is the model that is centerfold showcased in the 1983 RX-7sales brochure. Excluding the 1983 LTD Edition, the GSL was the top of the line trim level RX-7 for 1983. He desired a leather interior and AC. These are the two options on his car. He left a $100.00 deposit, with the intention of picking up the car the following day, July 21.
* On Thursday, July 21,1983(35 years ago this Saturday), Ed returned to Moss Mazda and took delivery of his new 1983 RX-7 GSL sport coupe. He paid cash for the car, and drove away with a smile!
*Two years after Ed's passing, I purchased the car from his widow. She is a remarkable woman and afamily friend. While the carwas in their care for 35 years, this was Ed's RX-7 for 33 years.
* Every dealer document, receipt, purchase order, warranty brochure, plastic warranty card, odometer statement, window sticker, dealer certification, sales brochure, rust proofing certificate from AUTO ARMOR...and EVERY service record has been retained. There is not a single document that was provided by MAZDA that has not been retained. This is the most provenance documented RX-7 in my automobile collection.
* Save for items that necessitated replacement given to time, safety or wear,this RX-7 is ALL ORIGINAL!! The tires are the original factory "BRIDGESTONE STEEL BELTED 70's" that Ed drove out on the day he took delivery. These are the same model oftirethat are seen on the brochure car!
* Yes, that's correct....ONLY 21,275 ACTUAL MILES in 35 years!! Truly remarkable. The RX-7 was never intended by Ed to be his daily driver, this was strictly his seasonal, "sunny day" car driven locally in his hometown, primarilyto his office. It was enclosed garageparked during the day, and therefore not sun exposed.Approximately, 17K of these miles were accrued in the first 16 years of ownership, the last 19 years account for the additional 4K miles.
* Absolutely NEVER any Winter driving, the RX-7 saw more exposure to water from bucket washes, than from being caught in the rain.
* Climate stored, alwaysgaraged and pampered, non-smoker, no pets
* GUARANTEED to have ZERO RUST!!
* CARFAX certified in hand NO ACCIDENT history.
* eBay has alsoprovided the listing with an AUTOCHECK Report.While not as comprehensive as the CARFAX,it doesascribe a very high score of 68to this RX-7.
* The bumper covers and lower front valance have been resprayed as the paint on the plastic aged differently than on the metal. Save for these and his granddaughter introducing herself and her errant bicycle to the left front fender, the Maya Gold Metallicpaint is better than90% original to the car. There are a few small stone chips, some have been touched up, some have not. (see pics)
* Overall the paint presents beautifullywith asuperb finish andexcellent reflection! (see pics)
* Original numbers matching 1.1 liter Rotary (Wankel) engine, never out of the car. Manual choke cold engine start, it cancels upon sufficient warm up or manually. There are NO annoying drips or leaks. The enginehas the unmistakable Mazdahmmmm, just as the ad campaign indicated.Nothing delivers power like a Rotary.
* All fresh fluids, belts, hoses, filters, battery and brake service
* 5-Speed manual transmission, shiftsas new, no synchro protests and that characteristic Mazda "rubbery" feel. Excellent original clutch.
* Limited Slip Differential
* EVERY safety and convenience feature is fully operational.
* ALL original glass,including the windshield, NO cracks or chips.
* I refer to the car as "virginal". It has not been tampered with. NO panels have been removed or tampered with that could be damaged by doing so.
* Having owned many RX-7's, one becomes familiar with certain components that are prone to age degradation. None, and I mean NONE are present on this car.
* For the first time in the cars life, I pulled back the rear cargo carpet and rubber mat to expose the spare, jack, and tire tool pouch precisely where they were placed at the factory.The rubber mat is perfect, no dry rot or cracks. The carpet backing presents as new.
* All gaskets, window sweeps, and weather stripping are original to the car, they are soft and pliable.
* The AC is ice cold and original. Amazingly, it has NOT been retrofitted. I attribute this to the vehicle storage.
* All ventilation functions and fan speed settings are fully operational.
* Overall, I would rate the interior of the car a 9.9 out of 10! There is a small mar on the console to the left of the shift boot, one has to look for it. Additionally, the leather piping on the lower driver seat shows light wear from Ed exiting the vehicle. (see pic)
* PERFECT DASH!! No cracks, warps, waves or discoloration. Even the defrost ventilation trims at the windshield are all perfect. All the screw caps are still present.
* Excellent carpeting throughout including the cargo area.
* Excellent door panels, door handles, escutcheons, etc. Even the interior door lock mechanism trim rings are fine.
* All buttons, knobs, stalks and switches are present, includingthe rear view mirror rubberwindshield support.
* All lights are fully operational, door vanity, hatch vanity, glove box,and the overhead left/rightside reading map lamp.
* Clear gauge cluster, there are no hairline scratches.
* All gauges and function monitoring lights are fully operational, no bulbs are out, there are no erratic needles.
* Factory AM/FM/Cassette w/EQ and stick balance, fully operational
* The power antenna is temperamental to fullyretract, power is heard going to it. I've sprayed WD40 into the stalk sections hoping to free it up entirely.
* Cruise control, fully operational
* Power windows are fully operational
* Power mirrors, fully operational
* Remote hatch release and fuel door, fully operational
* Both doors lock eithermanually or by key. The hatch releases properly by key.
* Rear defogger, fully operational.
* No window tint was ever applied to the glass and therefore there is no damage to the rear glass element.
* While Ed would open the sunroof for ventilation, he never took it off the car. It is very clean at the roof lineand the gasket isin excellent condition. The roof opens and closes properly and easily removes for storage. The plastic decal is still on the knob. The storage bag is in the behind the seat passenger storage bin.
* The drains for the roof as well as the rear hatch are clear and function accordingly. The car was never outside to collect debris that would accumulate andclog these drains.
* The storage bins are in excellent condition. Over time these lids had a tendency to start to crack from opening and closing...not here.
* Rear window wiper/washer, fully operational.
* All lights are fully functional, headlamps (hi/lo), parking lights, reverse lights, brake lights, emergency flashers, and all directionals, front and rear.
* Ignition buzzer (high pitch pierce), operational
* Both original small MAZDA factory keys are included, (try tosource blanks ofthese)
* Original owners manual
* Original floor mats included
*The glove box and console lids both open and close properly, no wear to the console lid
* Excellent leather wrapped steering wheel, no wear.
* The horn is fully operational, as are the wipers and washer function
* All manufacture emblems, and model designation emblems are present
* Factory alloy wheels, NO curb rash, though there is slightclear coat peeling. This is document noted to the dealer by Ed in 1985, though no course of action was pursued or availed to him.
* Original spare (never on the ground), jack, pouchand tire tool
* Headlight pop up for cleaningwithout illuminating, fully operational
* Original exhaust, looks and sounds great...try to source this system.
At 35 years of age, the RX-7 is in truly remarkable condition! It looks, runs and drives entirely as one would expect from a 21K mile automobile. People marvel at! The one thing it will necessitate to be safely enjoyed are new tires. I feel this is best left to the new owner as tire preference is a personal choice. I do strongly suggest that the new owner retain the original Bridgestone's.
The condition of the RX-7 is a testament to conscientious ownership and thepampered life it has lived. There is no perfect car, however, this example is in a class by itself. Are there nicer ones? Almost certainly, though one would be hard pressed to find a comparable example.
It's not that the RX-7 is clean, asit simply was never allowed to get dirty. It is in immaculate condition.At 60 years of age (40+ years rotary enthusiast), I'm paring down. Cars should be driven and enjoyed. While it always made me feel good to look upon the cars that I owned, driving them and creating memories was always far more enjoyable.
MAZDA RX-7 automobiles are significant in the history and evolution of automotive transportation and racing. These were the cars that wrested the title away from Porsche.Very few examples exist that were not abused, modified/raced, or simply driven into the ground. In the last few years, these carsarereceiving the respect they are deserving, both collectively and monetarily.
Get yourself afine one while you canand they're still affordable. Maya Gold is an excellent and not often seen color for this car, Mazda apparentlythought so too, as they chose it to illustrate the RX-7 in their brochure.
Drive this RX-7 anywhere and everywherewith pride of ownership!
You are bidding to purchase the RX-7, not to be the first to "look at it". Thank you.
Please consult with your spouse, therapist, pet, or MAGIC 8-BALL prior to placing your bid, as I am not running a clinic for the confused. Thank you.
Inspections (PPI) are welcome and encouraged. They will be facilitated to the best of my ability prior to the auction concluding.
The car and I are presently located in S.W. Florida. (Naples/Ft. Myers vicinity)
Transportation and/or delivery are the sole responsibility of the buyer. Delivery is possible in the lower 48 states for $1000.00, as I own a privateHodges transport.
I am confident that the MAZDA could easily be driven home safely to anywhere in America. Though, the aforementioned tires should be addressed if you plan to do so.
If you choose to fly in and drive home, I will gladly pick you up from the S.W. Florida International Airport in Ft. Myers, or the regional airport in Punta Gorda.
I have set a reasonable and fair reserve for the RX-7. It is commensurate with the honesty of the car, the condition of the car, the ownership history, the document provenance, and the amazingly low miles. DO NOT ask me what the reserve is, as I will not disclose it. Bid what you can afford, and are willing to pay for the exemplary condition, one owner, 21K mile, 1983 MAZDA RX-7 GSL Sport Coupe that you see before you. With that said, I know what the car is worth and my expectations are realistic. TheRX-7 is for sale.
I reserve the right to cancel the auction at any time should theMazda become no longer available.
A $1000.00 initial payment is due and payable within 24 hours of auction close via PayPal. NO EXCEPTIONS.
The balance is to then be paid within 7 days thereafter under condition and arrangement made between myself and the buyer. The balance is to be paid via a legitimate bank to bank wire transfer, as it provides a documented record of the transaction for both parties.
I DO NOT accept PayPal for the entire purchase, only the initial $1000.00 payment.
If you are to fly in and drive home, I will accept cash in person provided thatit is accomplished within the 7 days of auction close window. If one requires additional time to coordinate travel plans, I am easy to work with, and can store the car safely provided it has been paid for.
Clear Michigan title, the car and the title to the car will not be released until payment in full has been received. Upon receipt of payment in full, I will overnight via FEDEX the title and bill of sale documentation to the new owner.
If you are to fly in and drive home, I will offer the option of hand delivering these documentsto you upon your arrival.
Buyers from the U.S., Canada, the UK, Europe, Russia, Australia, New Zealand, and Japan are welcome and encouraged to bid with confidence.
I am not a dealer and have no dealer affiliation.I am a collector/hobbyist. Since 2007, I have sold more than 30 of my personal vehicles through eBay. Where collector vehicles are concerned, condition is open to interpretation. I am thorough in my description in orderto provide a clear and concise representation of the vehicle. I have represented the RX-7 honestly and accurately.
Given the age of the car, by bidding you acknowledge that the car is being sold in "as is" condition, with no expressed, written, or otherwise implied warranties.
eBay provides for only 24 pictures. I have selected pictures that best present a concise overview of the car. If you would like any area specific pictures, simply ask for them. I believe I have close to 100 pictures.
If you would like to discuss a "buy it now", call me and present your offer. Do NOT call and ask me, "what's the lowest that you'll take?"
I answer my phone quicker than I respond to e-mail, call me directly with any questions. If you reach voice mail, leave me a brief message, and I will return your call promptly.
This is the first generation RX-7 that you've been looking for...superb condition, extremely low miles, non-abused, non-modified, one owner and extremely difficult to source in this condition. If there is a nicer, original, better documented, one owner, lower mileage RX-7 available for the money, I'd liketo see it, and you should buy it!
It's been said that where collector cars are concerned, you buy the best example you can afford. In life, one generally gets what one pays for. If you want the best, you step up and pay for it.
Thanks for looking and good luck when you bid!