2-seat Coupe - NO RESERVE!
Price: US $1,000.00 Item location: Woodinville, Washington, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Mazda
- Model: RX-7
- SubModel: GX-U
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Base 2-Door 2-Seater
- Year: 1990
- Mileage: 88,000
- VIN: JM1FC3338L0804754
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: 1.3 L 2-rotor Fuel Injection
- Number of cylinders: twin-rotor
- Power options: Power Steering
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual 5-Speed
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Blue
- Options: Four Wheel Disc brakes, Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1990 Mazda RX-7 GX-UA Canadian-spec Mazda RX-7, in Harbor Blue metallic (code 5D), built in November 1989. Imported personally in Oct 2015 and has a clear Washington State title in my name. Metric speedo/odo with MPH indications. Odo reads ~141,500 km or ~88,000 mi - still being driven daily.
My wife's uncle in Vancouver, BC had it sitting in his carport and was set to donate it away. We asked to inherit it and start driving it to the fullest. That was in October 2015 and ~6,000 km (4,000 mi) later, I'm glad we've had it to play with.
Second son doesn't want a stick-shift so it's up for sale; 100% of the time its been under my care (a 48 year old grinning with every shift) and it's taken me up and down I-5 and basically to the airport and back. Even as a spare parts car for your tired FC, this is a steal.
- Starts instantly, does the correct 10-20 second warm up at 2000 rpm, then idles perfectly at ~800 rpm. This alone is testament to a good low-mileage FC.
- Strong puller, shifts expertly with a nice clutch feel.
- All original glass, no leaks!
- Power steering excellent - factory multi-link rear suspension is amazing. Made these cars famous on the track.
- Have resurrected the power tilt/sunroof. Nice to have for ventilation and on sunny days.
- New brake master cylinder (Cardone).
- New brake booster (NAPA rebuild).
- New front pads (Beck/Arnley) - full flush DOT4.
- New rear window lift cylinders.
- New battery
Replaced all six (6) factory speakers with Pioneer and Sonys. Originals had turned to dust. The cheap WalMart deck I bought plays CD sometimes and radio hardly ever. Worst $49 I've ever spent.
Wipers fine except the delay relay is likely inop. Common on the FC models.Signals, horns, lights, headlights, headlight motors, all perfect.Upholstery very good - no cracks in dash. See comment above re drivers seat.
Paint is dull but sound, Had at least one respray in its life. No sign of any accidents.
Brakes are just "Mazda RX-7 soft"; can't be the hydraulics - the front pads made a nice difference simply by decreasing the piston travel (old ones worn), so new rear ones could probably make a nice upgrade. $35 or so for the set of four. Stops straight and true, just a long take-up.
Best addition: the upgrade to brand new 16" x 7" Enkei gunmetal rims with 205/55/R16 Hankook Ventus grand touring tires, mounted/balanced by TireRack. Incredible increase in grip and stiffness - dry and wet. Paid $1000 this Spring - I've kept the original 15 x 6.5" factory alloy rims and all tires have good tread but they're old and boring. Maybe good to shoe with snow tires.
Added a cargo net - storage is huge for this size of car but keeping things in place is a laugh. No rust in spare tire bay - OEM spare looks never used.
All owners manuals in original dealer jacket.
Have fun with this one. It's a nice one of the all the ones left out there.
On May-09-16 at 14:58:38 PDT, seller added the following information:
(Note: while the backlight illumination on the climate control is inoperative, the heater, blower and vent switching all works 100%. No issues with the dash cluster illumination - looks and works perfectly.Sorry for any confusion.)