1983 Mazda RX-7 rolling chassis with a ton of parts in boxes and in the car after Spring cleaning of garage. Chassis has 204,000 miles on it.The actual rolling chassis will need a good engine hood, as dead "once was grey metallic" paint, ront of driver's side front fender got hit, mall ding on rear deck, ut has straight sheetmetal, therwise. Under-the-carriage area has been cleaned and detailed from the firewall back to the gas tank area. Modifications and special parts already done to the car include:
- Custom $550 glass sunroof with custom fabricated brackets which are powdercoated metallic blue and are triangle-shaped. Glass was tinted w/o those brackets installed.
- FB Sunroof/Moonroof panel holding cover to hold the above if completely removed from the car, n very good condition.
- Custom $800 Wizard aluminum radiator tabbed specifically to hold a 17" Derale electric fan.
- $900 custom painted 12A rotary engine long block, ery strong, o idea if ported, hough...carburetor is toast, ould need rebuild for sure.
- Custom Front Mounted Oil Cooler set up...."beehive" cooler on top of the engine has been pulled on this car, ll coolant hoses then reworked - the oil lines use BLACK aluminum AN hose ends and black braided hose, n extremely light set up unlike stainless steel braided hose. The appearance from the front of the car is that it has an intercooler or is smiling.
- Solid FB 5 speed manual transmission.
- Custom built $400 Rotary Performance "header" ceramic coated again last year with stainless steel fasteners.
- Custom scratch-built frame mounted bracket plate to hold a Mallory Comp110 electric fuel pump, ld pump is mounted...crazy quiet operation!
- Custom built and PAINTED exhaust, .25" pipe with super high-flow Flowmaster catalytic converter, agnaflow tube muffler with SS packing, wo Flowmaster rear mufflers with 4" resonator/muffler tips...incredibly great sounding system and it actually quiets the beast down w/o choking airflow...you can talk in a normal voice in the car at idle now...with the header!
- Sway bars have the Energy Suspension poly urethane bushings but are otherwise stock.
- Custom dyed FC seats installed but color has faded on the blue sections and driver seat has one crack on the left side of it now.
- Sony stereo headunit, R-C8200, lready installed.
- Interior was gutted then interior floor panels were coated with spray insulation and then covered with thermal barrier pads to isolate the cabin from heat and noise way above what the factory intended. A "channel" was left open for all the stereo RCA cords coming from the headunit going to an area behind the seats for EQ's and amplifiers.
- Front carpets are black and in GREAT condition.
- Custom cut floor mats.
- Uber rare 15" Weds Autobahn rims, op surfaces have had the clear coat removed and sport the rough polish raw aluminum look now, ith black paint in the webs.
- Front Weds rims have barely-used Dunlop Direzza DZ-101 tires, 05/50/15, n them...I also have two brand new DZ-101's as replacements that will go in this sale.
- Rear Weds rims have good condition Kuhmo Ecsta 711's, 25/50/15, ots of tread left on all tires.
- Door panel coverings shot BUT the manual regulators have been cleaned and greased (synthetic) and are crazy easy to work now... ALSO, he door glass is scratch free and has great condition dark tint applied last Spring..totally fresh, hey were done at a shop with the glass OFF THE CAR...the tint runs almost to the edge at top and sides and extends below the window framing!
- Front and rear flex bumpers are in very good condition, ill just need to be thoroughly sanded when you go to paint the car...which it needs
- Chastain louvres for rear glass hatch with the key!
Those are the main points for the rolling chassis....there are also 7 boxes that go with this and here is the exhaustive listing of everything in those boxes:
BOX A...$208 worth of stuff
- Accel based Direct Fire set up. Essentially, he Accel Coils each fire just ONE spark plug, he leading spark plugs in the engine. The Jacobs coils in the car fire the trailing plugs...a coil for each of the 4 spark plugs.
- Old School DIY circa year 1997 Bulldog alarm system, IB
- Fog lamps - Rally PN 3262, nused.
- SA Ignition barrel switch with key, bviously not the same key as the 1983 FB.
- SA Interior light dimmer switch.
- 12A block temperature sensor, IB
- Brackets, lternator and AC tensioner pieces for FB RX-7.
- Energy Suspension front torsion bar bushings, IB
- Centech Wiring Interior illumination fader kit, IB
- SA/FB rubber knob...the tiny one that goes to the odometer for trip reset, ust try to find one now!
BOX B...$420 worth of stuff
- Key fob with "MAZDA" on it, etal case, lectric red LED lamp.
- Purolator NOS Premium Air Filter - PN A43546
- FB distributor with working ignitors BUT has no rotor cap.
- Bracket - was an AC bracket, odified to allow an alternator to be installed instead of the AC compressor on the driver's side of the engine, as then powdercoated....low slung alternator bracket, OW. ;)
- NGK Spark plugs - BR8EQ-14 PN 2329
- Purolator SA, ot FB, il filter.
- FB water pump, OS, N N232-99-153A
- FB front curved bumper lens, range, et of 4 in so-so condition.
- FB rear side marker lamp lens, range - 3 in good condition.
- SA front bumper lens, range - one in good condition.
- NOS Mazda engine belt 67-C31A-6A, ade for Mazda by Dayco...alt PN 17380, as Mazda wrapper.
- FB steel sunroof brackets and bolts, ot sure if they will work with the SA version.
- Fuse box covers - 5 FB covering various years and one SA cover.
- Pivot Racing Starter Switch button - universal, DM
- FB oil tube caps, ne stock, ne is aftermarket billet aluminum.
- FB Master Cylinder caps, of them, oth vented, orks on brakes or the clutch reservoirs.
- FB Air Control Valve module. Emissions piece that is getting really hard to find.
- SA shifter surround.
- FB rear badging "MAZDA" - three of them.
- Center badge for stock steering wheel that says, MAZDA".
- Badge for top of shifter knob that has the older Mazda "m" on it.
- FB battery hold down bar, erfect, or full size, all batteries in FB engine bay.
- FB rear carpet /hatch lock covering LIGHTED LAMP option...mint condition.
- FB shifter boot - leather.
- FB dead pedal for manual clutch cars.
- 1981 to 1983 Brake pedal cover, ubber, OS PN 8871-43-028A
- 5/16" external fuel filters - one is unknown aftermarket glass housing barrel and the other is a Russell billet anodized aluminum number, oth in really nice condition on top of looking great in design.
BOX C...$264 worth of stuff
- Brackets, B rear exhaust muffler hangers, wo of them.
- Bracket, B Radiator shroud top center, ust one.
- FB disc brake pads, oth Chief Auto Parts NOS.
- FB disc brake pads and full refresh kit, OS - Beck Arnley PN 089-0032
- NIB FB Russell SS-braided brake lines, OT-approved. front disc, ear drum.
- Mazda small bearing disc brake rotors, of them, irectional cross drilled.
- 1979 to 1980 SA manual side mirror, assenger side.
- 1981 to 1983 tie rod ends - PN MZ8021.99.324
- FB(SA?) Idle Compensator solenoid for Nikki carburetor.
- FB/SA OMP lines, till fully flexible, sets.
- Bracket - Antenna, A chassis.
- Wheel rim valve stem covers, et of 4 with stylized "M" on them.
BOX D...$75 worth of stuff
- FB Headlamp covers, lack, traight pieces.
- FB/SA sunvisors, lack.
- Datsun 280ZX hood "NACA" vents.
- FB/SA center console pocket/cubby tray, lack, as electric terminal on back.
- FB/SA glove box lids, lack, ood condition.
- FB HVAC curved under-the-steering-column tube, lack, reat condition.
BOX E...$395 worth of stuff
- Holley TBI unit, or engines up to 350 cid, xtra gaskets, reat condition, efinitely more than enough TBI for any street 12A rotary engine.
- Jeg's TBI Air Flow Enhancer.
- Jeg's carb spacer, olycarbonate, " tall, 150 Holley style.
- Holley carburetor spacer, " tall aluminum, holes, 150 style.
- Racing Beat aluminum intake manifold for 12A engine, 150 Holley bolt style up top for carburetor or TBI.
BOX F...$120 worth of stuff
- Holley Pro-jection 4 Fuel Controller - PN 5274, ith full wiring harness and unknown Edelbrock black box wired in...to work with everything in Box E
- Edelbrock A/F control box, 2 sensor bung was welded to the header, hich was then powdercoated...the actual sensor is already installed on header, iring tucked into heatshield under the car.
ELECTRIC WINDOW BOX...$225 worth of stuff
- FB Electric Window option regulators with electric motors.
- Shortened MANUAL window regulator cranks....can bolt in same spot AND still bolt in electric windows...was going to modify for micro-switches - aftermarket window crank could then be pulled up or down a bit to control electric windows.
- OEM Mazda FB electric window switch for center console.
- Aftermarket window switches, sed, hree of them.
- FB Mazda RX-7 door cups, IP, lack PN 8116-58-303-65
- Door panel restoration "kit" - FB RX-7, door cups, ll of the insulator cups that go into the sheetmetal of the bare door that the door panel clips into.
- Bag of extra window cranks, aps for the cranks, oor panel steel clips, xtra cover cups for the armrest holes.
There is also a spare FB rear center panel. It's the curved gloss black plastic decorative piece between the rear tail lights, n very good shape. The rear area behind the seats has had the sheetmetal cover cut for a project I never completed in the car. Thus, his sale includes an uber rare aftermarket rear seat complete with the seat belts. The pieces will need to be sandblasted and painted again but it's all there. I was going to cut that aftermarket seat in half and then get it reupholstered to make this Mazda RX-7 a three seater. The other side would have been dedicated to the amplifiers and capacitors for the sound system planned but never executed for this car.
Finally, tems included with this sale but not actually in the car are:
- A complete rear end, rom another 1983 RX-7 but with the posi differential and disc brake rear options.
- A complete 12A long block, he original 204k miles rotary engine that was in the vehicle. It smoked a little bit on start up but all the smoke went away once the engine was warm...it lost compression in rear rotor, as running when it happened, imped home and shut it down, ulled it, itting around ever since in my garage. I have another complete engine already, o this great rebuilder 12A engine is being sold with the car.