Lotus 23 B Replica
Price: US $33,125.00 Item location: Wotton-under-Edge, United Kingdom
- Make: Lotus
- Model: 23
- Type: Open, removable clam shells
- Year: 1963
- Mileage: 250
- VIN: 07518228912
- Color: White
- Engine size: Twin cam Honda 'Blackbird'
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: 6 speed sequential
- Drive type: Chain to Diff with reverse
- Interior color: Red
- Drive side: Right-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1963 Lotus 231963 Lotus 23B built to exacting standards from a number of new Lotus 23 spares commissioned in 2000.The bronze welded tubular chassis (to 23B spec), nickel plated suspension, uprights and body are all exact replicas and therefore interchangeable with the originals.The chassis is believed to be built by lotus 23 specialist Henry Tombs (of Xanthos) in UK. Many of these were given FIA HTP papers and raced world wide in historics as they are so accurate.
Massive spec includes:
- Avo coil overs, adjustable for compression and rebound,
- Alcon calipers, front
- Rear includes handbrake facility.
- Engine: Twin Cam 1137cc Honda - 170 BHP @10,000 RPM
- Nova transmissions / Pace dry sump system.
- Davis Craig digitally controlled electric water pump system,
- Bespoke aluminium radiator,
- Laminova Oil/Water cooler,
- Quaife LSD, (Quaife QBA2R) incorporating reverse drive
- Correct 4 stud / 6 stud hubs (will take wobblies).
- Bespoke Lotus/Honda rev-counter with recall.
- Fully corner weighted/set up.
- Weight: 982 lbs (fully wet).
- All fasteners are aircraft grade aluminium or s/s.
- Bespoke stainless steel exhaust (zircon coated) with silencer.
It was labour of love - No expense spared, every item brand new (except mint 7000 mile engine) and every receipt retained (all 120 of them). Fully documented build photo history and even a bespoke wiring diagram.
The car has some additions that would help it to be registered for the road, including hazards, horn, fog light, cat and silencer etc.
With 381 hp/tonne and sequential shift this is a very quick car and a perfect track tool. Having driven a Lotus Elise at track days back to back with the 23, the Elise feels like an under-steering barge by comparison ! The front and rear clam shells are lifted off after releasing just two bolts and operating the flush fitting aero-catches, access is excellent with them on.
Reason for sale: I enjoyed building this car and then road testing and getting it fully sorted and set it up for the track, I realised thatnow I don't have time to track it. I've not registered it for the road. Really it needs being used more where it doesn't rain so much !
This car must be seen to be appreciated and is for sale at a fraction of its build cost, It will be supplied complete with thebespoke Brian James trailer.
The car is located near Bristol, England, 45 mins from Bristol airport, 5 mins from J14 of the M5.
All shipping costs to be paid for by the buyer, though I may be able to help with shipping. For more info 07518 228912 (it's also advertised elsewhere)