1973 Lotus Europa TWIN CAM S3
Price: - Item location: Kalispell, Montana, United States
- Make: Lotus
- Model: Europa
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1973
- Mileage: 77000
- VIN: 3704R
- Color: White
- Engine size: 1600 Twin Cam
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Power options: Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Interior color: Tan
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1973 Lotus Europa1973 Lotus Europa TWIN CAM Series 3
I have a very rare and desirable Twin Cam Lotus Europa for sale in project car condition. She mostly needs some fiberglass repair and the wind-shield and rear window replaced.
- Original Matching Numbers Engine
- 20,000 miles on a full rebuild with 77,000 total original miles
- Big Bore kit installed
- Upgraded Radiator to prevent overheating
- 4-Speed manual Renault Transmission- Rare original Lotus Mag Wheels (Usually only found on Johnny Player Specials)
- Boxed and Plated the Rear Trailing Arms for twice the strength (Won't break on you now)
- Replaced plastic shift bushing with an aluminum bushing (shifts REAL smooth and precise now)- Detailed maintenance history from previous owner
Why am I selling her? I've had my fun and it's just too much of a project for me right now. Rather then store it for a couple of years before I can get back to her it makes sense to sell to someone who may bring her back to life.
How's the Engine? She hasn't been fired up for two years, but she did run well and needs a valve adjustment (runs on 3.5 cylinders until she warms up the last time she was started).
How did my Lotus end up like this? Last year the shed it was stored in for the winter couldn't take the snow load and collapsed. The Lotus fared reasonably well (other stuff took the brunt of the impact), but the roof cracked breaking the windshield and rear window. There's also a crack on the driver side door. Amazingly, the doors still open and close fine and the windows roll up and down as well as they ever did. No damage was done to the suspension, drive train, etc.
Anything else? I did just purchased and installed two new tires for the driver side. Oh, also, the gas tanks are good (I've been told they tend to rot).