1979 Lincoln Continental Mark V Classic Car Excellent Original Cond. w/Moon Roof
Price: - Item location: Medford, Oregon, United States
- Make: Lincoln
- Model: Mark Series
- SubModel: Mark V of Mark Series
- Type: 2 Door
- Trim: 2 Door Coupe
- Year: 1979
- Mileage: 116,860
- VIN: 9Y89S686816
- Color: Black
- Engine size: 400 CID 2V V-8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Gray
- Options: Original Factory 8 Track Player, Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1979 Lincoln Mark Series 2 Door CoupeBEFORE BIDDING (or leaving,) READ This ENTIRE UPDATE
Update is found in Mark V description details. (Don't Skim any of these important words below) And don't miss the good news of $8,600REDUCTION in BUY NOW PRICEwas reduced today (Feb 2) to $8,200 BUY NOW
1979 Black MARK V Lincoln Continental Mark Series Classic CarA TRUE Survivor in Original Condition. A Real Head Turner541-499-4798Motivated to sell due to costly mo. storage fees required because my new garage is too small to hold the Mark V's massive, gorgeous body that would be wasted if left out in the elements....and I also need $$ to landscape my new house-build right away.
I Have the original (clean) title issued for $2 in 1979 in first and only registered owner's name; Additionally I have the original license plate frame from the 1979 dealership he also owned. (Cadillac Lincoln dealership where in 1979 he purchased the car from his own dealership). I returned the personalized license plate that simply said "OR" to the family for a keepsake they wanted badly. And yes, so did I.Updated in first 20 hours of auction on 2-2: I now believe the Lincoln's miles to be 116,680. Originally, I was told by a mechanic at a PRO shop (on the day I bought it as a fun investment), that according to his knowledge, he believed the odometer reading of 16,500 to be a true reading.It was easy to believe because:
- The Mark V had been garaged it's entire lifetime in the comfort of a large, climate controlled uncrowded warehouse when it was offered to me.
- Of the perfectly straight, heavy gauged, SLEEK body showing off it's sharp, uninterrupted flawless edges.
- Excellent over all interior condition.
- Great shine and demanding PRESENCE.
- NO marks can be found on dash including all that is in the dashboard.
- All lenses in speedometer, clock, radio, etc. are crystal clear finding NO dust or dirt) behind the lenses.
- Seat fabric is even in texture and color through out (soft greywith NO visible wear.
- Seats sit straight and erect with NO sign of breakdown in cushion material beneath the fabric.
- Headliner is in emmaculate condition with NO sag NO rips, NO burns.
- The leather door panels have NO flaws.
- All windows and windshield are in fantastic condition.NO cracks or chips anywhere. Clear vision looking through. NO haze.
- The windows have a rich green tint only found in the quality glass we find in older cars.
- Every interior gadget and gauge including radio and antenna looks show condition to me.
- All electronics and gadgets worked when I checked them one by one.
- NO missing, bent or chipped parts anywhere in the car.
- Beautiful Moonroof. Looks solid and tight from every angle. Seal around it is remarkably healthy looking and feels the right soft texture you want for the perfect flexibility required to do its job preventing leaks.
- The weatherstripping around doors is also impressively preserved.
- The fussy channels that guide the window up and down and nicely set with NO wear shown.
- All mirrors look correct, with NO pitting or chips...creating that awesome crisp look we all love when we gaze at ourselves in it.
- The chrome mirror casings areclean and feel solid when adjusting by hand. The mirrors sit firmly and flush in the chrome casings.
- Factory mag wheels with chrome caps.
- Apparently Non-Smoking car.
- Apparently Non-Pet car.
- 3 speed automatic transmission worked flawlessly on my 150 mile road trip home with it on day of pick-up.
- The continental's 8 Track searchable radio was the most expensive radio option available for the Mark V in 1979.
- NO dents or scratches found on body.
- Chrome bumpers in sweet shape. NO dents, dings or scraps. Shines fine. Like any non-pitted chrome, it will polish back to high shine seen in late 2015 pix. (first 2 pix in auction)
- The trunk is very clean and carpet is an even grey color, NO spills or stains.
- Spare tire and rim in trunk.
- This sweetheart was owned/maintained/pampered and loved by one continuously registered owner, (a millionaire Lincoln dealership business owner) from 1979 until his recent passing. I since,have parked it in enclosed automobile storage for almost a year to date without using it. I wanted to keep the title in original owners name for added value for my buyer when the time came for me to sell. (Costly storage. That's why I am ready to sell now.)
- Owner's/Dealership past maintenance records are not locatable due to dealership closing and owner passing. No one knew where he kept these special records but him.
Without question, the Mark Vs were one of the most desirable and most wanted American personal luxury cars ever made. And rightly so. The elegant design of these cars has challenged the years, and they still turn as many heads today as they did when they were new. The final opportunity to purchase a vehicle of this size came in 1979. Quite simply, they were the most beautiful automobiles in America.
Specifications 1979 Mark V Lincoln Continental at carfolio.com
|4/5 seater fixed-head coupé|
|95 litres||20.9 UKGal||25.1 USGal|
|naturally aspirated petrol|
|V 8in 90° vee|
|101.6 × 101.6mm|
4 × 4in
2 valves per cylinder
16 valves in total
|cast iron block & head|
|1 Fo 2150A 9510 D9VE-LB carb|
|rear wheel drive|
|6 x 15|
|6 x 15|
|225 x 15|
|225 x 15|
|3 speed automatic|
|No information available|
|No information available|
|1979 Lincoln Continental Mark Vadded 1999-08-26.|
Last modified 2013-02-28.