1978 Lincoln Mark V - Givenchy Edition - One of Only 2 Made
- Condition: Used
- Make: Lincoln
- Model: Mark Series
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Givenchy Edition
- Year: 1978
- Mileage: 82,286
- VIN: 8Y89A829917
- Color: Green
- Engine size: 460 cubic inch V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Green
- Options: Leather Seats, Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1978 Lincoln Mark Series
You are bidding on what might be the rarest 1978 Lincoln Mark V in existence. In fact, being 1 of 2, that means that there is only one other 1978 Mark V this rare – but did that car survive; doubtful.
It is documented with an included Marti Report.
That being said, she isn’t perfect. However, in a few years’ time, you’ll wish that you secured so rare a collector’s Lincoln. If you like the Lincoln Mark V, like I do, then this car is a must have.
The car was collector owned (see the plates) and I bought it a year ago to restore. I’ve since sold the building where my collection is being stored and I must sell all of the cars.
Here are some highlights about this car:
- It is a very rare Givenchy Edition (only 699 Givenchy Edition Mark Vs were made)
- It is equipped with a factory power sunroof, in bronze color (only 103 Mark V’s had a sunroof)
- It has the rare AM/FM/CB/Eight track quadrophonic radio (only 16 Mark V’s had a CB radio)
- It has the very rare power lumbar seat (only 3 Mark V’s were made with this option)
The Marti Report (see picture) that this car is one of only two made with these options. There were nearly 70,000 Mark Vs made in 1978.
Concerning the condition of this car, here is the good:
- The interior is nearly mint.
- The leather is not faded and the Givenchy fabric is in excellent condition
- The dashboard is in excellent condition
- The car has reasonably low mileage: 82,286
- The aluminum rims are in great condition – not show quality, but could be made so easily.
- The body is very straight and appears accident free
- There is nothing more than surface rust on this car
- The frame is very solid with nothing evident aside from surface rust
- The car has a new dual exhaust system (which was factory correct)
- The rocker panels are solid
- The rear quarter panels are solid with minor surface rust only
- The bottom of the doors are solid – no rush at all (see the pics)
- The tires are in good condition.
- The transmission shifts fine
- The brakes work fine
- The stainless is in great condition
- The rubber is in good condition (weather-stripping)
- The headliner is in excellent condition
- The carpet is in excellent condition
- The floor mats are there and are in average condition
What the car needs:
- She has been in storage for a year and requires a good tune up
- She is faded – although collector owned, she was left in the sun.
- The car will require paint and a new half vinyl top
- When I put her in storage the power windows operated properly, now they do not. I’ve not had the time to determine the problem.
I have placed the reserve very low to protect my initial investment. Above this modest reserve – she will be sold.
Inspections are welcomed and I have more pictures. I am limited by Ebay to 24 pictures. I can also take pictures on request. Remember that Ebay does not allow you to put your email address in their email system – you must spell it out for me to receive it (example: John at aol dot com). This is an as-is sale, no warranties are implied or expressed.
Now for the legalese:
The car is not new, it is used and sold as-is, where is. We encourage email questions and inspections. My rating is important to me, as is your satisfaction. But, although she can be driven as is, I envision a restoration for the new owner.
Methods of Payment ...
Certified check, Bank to Bank wire transfers, or 3rd-party financing. All funds must be in US dollars only. Please be sure to have full payment and/or approved financing in place before making your final bid. Please call us with any questions or additional information. Due to the difficulty of Foreign Currency/Bank Transactions, purchases from clients outside of the United States, must pay by Wire Transfer only. Please call with any questions or explanations.
Deposit Due ...
The successful high bidder will submit a $500 NON-REFUNDABLE Deposit due immediately following the close of the auction. This $500 deposit is good towards the purchase of the vehicle and will be deducted from the total amount of the purchase. We accept PAYPAL only for the initial deposit only. If the vehicle cannot be picked up or paid for completely within 7-days from the close of auction, Deposits and fees are NON-REFUNDABLE if the vehicle is not paid for.
Balance of Payment Due ...
The buyer agrees to pay remaining balance due (plus applicable fees and taxes) within 7 days of the close of the auction. All financial transactions must be completed before delivery of the vehicle.
Vehicle Titles ...
I have a clear title in hand and ready for delivery. If payment is made other than wire transfer (ie: certified check), I will hold the title for 5-10 business days or until ALL funds have cleared. Please call if you have any questions regarding our titling policy.
Vehicle Shipping ...
I can assist with shipping. Storage fees will apply if the car stays with me after 7 days of the auction close, unless otherwise agreed upon.
Buyer Inspections ...
Every effort has been made to accurately and fairly describe this vehicle to you. I have tried to disclose all information known about this vehicle for you to make an informed decision. I have posted many pictures, especially those that show flaws. Please be advised that used vehicles will have typical scratches and dings inherent for their year and mechanical parts are subject to fail. I welcome and recommends a buyer's inspection. If you plan to have a buyers inspection, please make sure you inspect the vehicle prior to the auction ending. Buyer is responsible for any inspection charges and fees. Buyers Inspections MUST be completed prior to 24 hours before the end of auction.
Warranty Information and Extended Service Contracts ...
Unless otherwise stated in the vehicle description, this vehicle is being sold "as is". No representations or warranties are made by seller, nor are any representations or warranties relied upon by bidders in making bids.
Notice to Bidders ...
I reserve the right to cancel all bids and end an auction early should the vehicle no longer be available for sale. It is agreed by all parties in relation to any transaction involving this vehicle that the proper venue for any legal proceedings will be conducted in the state of Illinois. Miles posted in this listing may vary slightly due to local test driving, in-transit repairs, or road testing. Vehicles that are older than 10 years and/or have more than 100,000 miles will be sold as miles exempt. These are pre-owned vehicles and they are sold as 'As Is' condition.
The buyer is responsible for ALL SHIPPING COSTs.
Vehicle Condition ...
This car is NOT brand new. It is personally owned by me. Please expect a certain amount of wear, use, and flaws, as is standard on ANY pre-owned vehicle that has been driven. All pre-owned vehicles including this one may have dings, nicks, chips, scratches and any other marks that are associated with use consistent with age and mileage of the vehicle. Any known obvious defects that are not normal wear and tear will be noted in the listing.
If you have any questions in regards to this, please do not hesitate to call. We will be happy to answer any of your questions.
Bid Retractions ...
Bid retractions are not allowed nor will be recognized within 12 hours of auctions end. Seller will not be obligated to sell in the event of a late retraction.
Negative or ..0.. Feedback Bidders ...
I do not allow bidding from negative feedback bidders. New bidders with zero feedback rating should email us or call us prior to bidding.
Successful Bidder ...
The winning bidder will be contacted via email after the auction closes or he/she must contact me. within 24 hours to proceed with payment and delivery arrangements.
Non-Paying Bidder ...
If your deposit is not received within 1 Day of the close of auction or if the balance is not paid in full within 7 days following the close of auction, we reserve the right to re-list the vehicle or sell the vehicle to the next highest bidder or another qualified buyer. Venue for any legal action such as claims, motions, litigation, settlements, or any legal action associated with this sale from either the buyer or seller is to take place in the State of Illinois. Placing your bid on this auction constitutes your agreement and acceptance of these terms and conditions. In addition, all non paying bidders will be held liable for a $500 re-listing fee that if not paid, WILL be filed with all 3 major credit bureaus. You are entering into a Legal Purchase that should not be taken lightly. No-Excuses of any kind will be accepted for non payment