93' Sabah Malaysia Camel Trophy Land Rover Defender 110 Marshal Vehicle K317 YKV
- Make: Land Rover
- Model: Defender
- SubModel: Camel Trophy Spec
- Type: SUV
- Trim: Camel Trophy
- Year: 1980
- Mileage: 262047
- VIN: SALLDHMF7JA918769
- Color: Sandglow LRC361
- Engine size: 200Tdi
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Diesel
- Transmission: R380
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Black
- Drive side: Right-hand drive
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1980 Land Rover Defender Camel Trophy
GENUINE 1993 CAMEL TROPHY SABAH MALAYSIA EVENT VEHICLE.
1993is the only yearTEAM USAwon the Camel Trophy in its 20 yearhistory, with legendary USA Discovery drivers, Tim Hensley and Michael Hussey. This Land Rover Defender 110 was aMarshalVehiclethat very same year in SabahMalaysia.
Original UK Reg number:K317 YKV
Year: 1992 (ebay does not recognize VIN)
Maker: Land Rover
Model: Defender 110
Engine: 200Tdi(Turbo Diesel Injected)
Transmission: upgraded R380
Transfer case: LT230
Braking: disc brakes front and rear
Equipment: x5 ANR1534 rims, Mud tires, Brownchurch roof rack, Original CTbrush guard, 10,000lb Husky Superwinch(included), dual fuel tanks, Hella 1000 lights.
- page 1871994 edition of "Camel Trophy - The Great Adventure" book.Official Camel Trophy book.
- page 44-47October 1998 Issue 11Land Rover Owner International"Sands of Time".
- Numerous CamelTrophy 93' eventphotos of K317 YKV exist.
Known Vehicle History
- Build date: July 15,1992
- ~1992 deployed from Land Roverfactory to Poland for Camel Trophy Driver training.
- ~1993redeployed to Sabah Malaysia for Camel Trophy 93'.
- Owner 1: ~1995-~1997 Won Superwinch competition atEastnor Castle, used on expedition to Morocco and the Sahara Desert.
- Owner 2: ~1999-~2004, Vehicle was rolled over in UK, fully restored by highly qualified shop and shipped to Namibia in Africa. Driven back to UK viaEgypt and Saudi Arabia after spending several years in Zambia, where it was serviced by Foley Special Vehicles.
- Owner 3: ~2005-2010, Camel TrophyEnthusiast, shipped to Livingstone Zambia. Used as Safari Companies rental fleet support vehicle.
- Owner 4: 2010-2017 Land Rover collector in South Africa. Mostly stored indoors.
- Owner 5: 2017-present, American Land RoverEnthusiast. Lightly restored in CapeTown. 100%legallyimported to USA, 2019. DMV inspected andTitled in North Carolina.
K317 YKV has lead a very interesting life. This vehicle and its history are well known by the OfficialCamel Trophy Clubin the UK. There are several parts of K317 that are not original such as the roof rack and seats. There are a few Camel Trophy parts that are missing, which can easily be acquired such as...pick ax, shovel, sand ladders and limb risers. This vehicle currently runs very well and shifts smoothly. The timing belt history of K317 is unknown to the current owner and should be replaced by the next owner. There is no heater box installed in K317 or battery kill switch. Headliner is new. There was previously a sunroof installed. An aluminum patch now covers the hole.
K317 is located inWake Forest, North Carolina, 20 minutes from Raleigh-DurhamInternational Airport(RDU) and is available for test drive and viewing. Prepurchase inspection is highlyrecommended. A Dropbox album with 170 photos is available to serious buyers.
Thank you for viewing this listing!