1990 RANGE ROVER CLASSIC RETRO VOGUE SE
- Condition: Used
- Make: Land Rover
- Model: Range Rover
- SubModel: CLASSIC RETRO VOGUE SE
- Type: SUV
- Trim: LEATHER
- Year: 1990
- Mileage: 149500
- VIN: salhv124xla622655
- Color: CLEARWATER BLUE
- Engine size: V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Locks, Power Seats, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: WINCHESTER GREY
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Safety options: Anti-Lock Brakes
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive, CD Player, Leather Seats, Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1990 Land Rover Range Rover LEATHER1990 RANGE ROVER CLASSIC
RETRO VOGUEItem Descrip
Â199ANGE ROVER VOGU111111111111E
1990 Range Rover Retro Classic Vogue SE
If you are like me and you LOVE the style, performance, capability and legacy of the Range Rover Classic, then you will no doubt appreciate this Classic which has all of the distinction you could ever ask for with one of these. As a collector, my journey with this vehicle began with the selection of the 1st year with walnut wood trim 1990 Range Rover SWB VOGUE edition and the refinements kept going from there!
This vehicle is an absolute pleasure to drive and everything works great; it is confident, powerful and reliable â€“ PERIOD. As I have mentioned, I have spent a great amount of time and money (over $35K in upgrades) sourcing my favorite pieces from the 25 years of production for the Range Rover Classic. I canâ€™t wait to drive it every day and itâ€™s going to be rough to see its tail-lights pull out of the drive-wayâ€¦.
Being a 90 SWB it starts with having all of the newest refinements that Land Rover could provide while maintaining the exterior look that rolled out ofÂ EnglandÂ in 1970â€™s. It has the advanced ABS system.Â
This gal is as new-feeling as you probably can get from the last few years of this amazing vehicle. It has lived its entire life in the West which makes it a RUST-FREE/LEAK FREE vehicle as it has been sheltered from the elements that the rest of the country endures.
Â As you have no doubt seen from the pictures, this is where I have had great time creating the look and feel of all my favorite years of the Range Rover Classic wrapped into one! Youâ€™ve noticed the color Iâ€™m sure â€“ Clearwater Blue. On the road, sheâ€™s a head turner; out in country the vivid color makes it striking against any terrain.
On top of that, I have sourced an amazing set of 4Â RostyleÂ wheels and Tires which were on all Rovers in the 1970â€™s until early 1980â€™s. They sport a NEW set of tires LT Michelins, so youâ€™re ready for whatever comes at you while maintaining a quiet ride on the road. Another rare option that I found for this was the GENUINE metal grill and headlamp surrounds that also came from the 1970â€™s Range Rover Classic. The side turn signals are EURO style with the orange and white instead of the all orangeÂ USÂ specs.Â Another great feature are the front and rear bumpers that were custom made by URBAN OFFROAD, these bumpers were custom made to mimic the early Roverâ€™s but with better craftsmanship. The sharp eyed among you may also notice the Range Rover badge-work fitted to the hood cowl and rear tailgate. These were available only through early years of production and I sourced this time-warp set from a collector who had them in the box fromÂ ENGLAND!
The interior is no less detailed!!! The leather color isÂ Winchester GreyÂ and the leather seating surfaces are clean and soft (in Excellent condition). The carpet is clean and virtually wear free, Iâ€™ve also just installed a BRAND-NEW headliner which rounds out the fit and finish to create a comfortable, clean and unique driving experience. All load space articles are clean, sturdy and accounted for including the rear load cover. It also comes with new re-veneered center console Burl Walnut wood to complete that new restoration feel.
Engineering and Performance:
1. Most of you know about the performance gained with the 3.9L V8 found in the SWB models, even with the low miles I went ahead and replaced valve cover gaskets. The heads were also re-surfaced along with any valve issues. Acceleration is effortless so whether youâ€™re getting onto the highway or negotiating severe conditions, you have the power that you need at your command. With just shy of 149K miles on the motor, Iâ€™ve gone ahead and done the factory recommended head-gasket repair right on schedule as a way to ensure long term performance and reliability.
2. Complete 3 angle valve job and head gasket service including: cooling system fluid flush and renewal, head gasket renewal, head stretch bolt renewal, intake resealed, valve covers resealed, exhaust system resealed, engine oil and GENUINE filter renewed. $2250 value (this was done around 4 years ago when it had around 90k miles)
3. 90K mile interval service including: genuine spark plugs, genuine spark plug wires, genuine air element, new cap/rotor/coil, new Belt, Differential fluids renewed, swivel service, transfer case fluid renewed, transmission fluid renewed, fuel filter renewed, all safety components inspected and adjusted to factory spec. $895 value
4. GENUINE Coil Spring Conversion with Terra Firma Shocks. $1350 value
5. Brand New Radiator. $600 value
6. Brand New factory Water pump and fan clutch. $750
7. Brand New factory brake pads installed all around. $450 value
8. Brand New GENUINE fuel pump fitted. $550 value
9. AC System Service $350 value
10. Concourse Quality Vehicle Detail. $400 value
11. Brand New Battery $125 value
12. Brand New Michelin LT Tyres fitted all around. $900 value
13. New Fabricated Oil cooler hoses. $300
Â A new battery and NEW STI wires along factory LUCAS cap and rotor were added to perfect the idle. I also installed new brakes all around.
The impressive stance and handling on this truck are made possible by newly installed TERRAFIRMA shock absorbers, TERRAFIRMA springs and a NEW TERRA-FIRMA steering damper. Additional handling and control has been brought back to factory spec with NEWLY REBUILT steering box with NEW HOSES. You wonâ€™t find any highway wandering on this gal!!!
Â I have identified just about all of the facts regarding improvements made but I am happy to answer any questions that you may have as well. As a Range Rover Classic enthusiast and collector for over 20 years, there is no question too small, silly or obscure.
I am confident that this vehicle will serve you no matter what your plans are for it and as it is one of a kind, it will do so with all of the distinction and performance that no other Range Rover Classic has!Â
By bidding on this vehicle, or by purchasing this vehicle, you agree with and are bound by the following-
You must resolve all questions prior to bidding. My vehicles are sold as is, where is, without warranty .Please remember that this is a twelve year old USED British truck with overÂ 140,000 miles. This vehicle will not be perfect. Please expect the vehicle to have defects,dents scratches, and or wear and tear appropriate from use and age.
I am always happy to discuss unusual cars, hence my bidder name, and please feel free to contact me for an OFFER at 714-580-6494, Richard.
I do not allow bid retractions whatsoever; those violating this rule will be met with negative feedback. Make sure you are fully qualified to purchase. You are entering a legally binding contract.Â Once you are the winning high bidder at close of sale, You OWN the truck! Just send the funds. No STALLING and NO QUESTIONS. Winning this auction is not an opportunity to inspect this vehicle. All sales are final and no refunds or returns will be given.
With that out of the way, good luck and happy bidding!!!
P.S. - If you need more pictures e-mail me with any request BUT I THINK THEREâ€™S ENOUGH.
Please keep in mind that used vehicles may have typical dings and scratches inherent for their year or may not come with all of the original books, keys or accessories. Please review all photos carefully and ask questions prior to bidding.