1992 Land Rover Defender 110 - Restored 2017
Price: US $54,000.00 Item location: East Hampton, New York, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Land Rover
- Model: Defender
- Type: CSW
- Year: 1980
- Mileage: 120,000
- VIN: 00000000000000000
- Engine size: 200 TDi
- Fuel: Diesel
- Drive type: 4WD
- Drive side: Right-hand drive
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1980 Land Rover DefenderÂ© craigslist - Map data Â©OpenStreetMap
1992 land rover defender 110
I had this imported from the country side of England in early 2017 to the port of Charleston, SC. It was owned by an older lady who kept meticulous service records, and passed along a folder of invoices and service statements (pics of them attached). It was driven 8+ hours with no problems to the port, inspected by a shop in the UK, and put on the boat.
Once it landed in Charleston, SC I changed all the fluids and drove it for a few months. Mechanically she was perfect, body wise she had some rust on the door frames, bulkhead, B pilars, and one of the footwells.
I sent it into a shop in SC where we stripped her down to the frame, repaired all the rust (frame was AOK just some surface rust), repainted, and decked her out with some great accessories: fully dynamatted the car, new carpet kit, new weatherproof floor mats, new snorkel, roof rack, etc
I documented the whole restoration process and have attached pictures below.
I LOVE this car, but have moved from SC to NYC and it's just not practical for me to keep it anymore: I don't have anywhere to store it for the winter (it's at my family house in East Hampton, NY right now but can't keep it there longterm) and it doesn't belong in the city.
Here's a partial list of the things I did:
- Fully body restoration (sand, rust removal, paint back to original color)
- 2" front and rear OME lift kit
- 5 new BF Goodrich AT tires put on May of 2018
- Slickshift kit to shorten the throw as a daily driver
- New Safety Devices roof rack and ladder shipped from UK and installed
- Dynamat on the whole interior (floors, ceiling, roof) while we had her stripped
- New Ex-moore Deluc Carpet Kit installed
- New Rubber Weatherproof Floor Mats
- New LED light kits all around (headlights still original as I like that look)
- New windshield and seals
- New galvanized cappings
- New tint all around
- Hi-Life jack mounted to roof rack
- New bluetooth stereo + speakers (only modern upgrade b/c music makes everything better)
Happy to answer any questions, hope this can go to someone who will have as much fun with it as I did.
**Pics are not uploading so please see dropbox link here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hzac8zb2ojdqv4m/AABu5GBEVBAQrosBP2eOzP1va?dl=0
**Also, Instagram I made to document the restoration here: https://www.instagram.com/theonehundredten/