Fully customized, restored and beloved Land Rover Defender 90.
Price: US $35,000.00 Item location: Los Angeles, California, United States
- Make: Land Rover
- Model: Defender
- SubModel: D90
- Type: SUV
- Trim: Black
- Year: 1986
- Mileage: 98,000
- VIN: 00000000000000000
- Color: Black
- Engine size: 2.5 Liter Turbo Diesel
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Diesel
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Black
- Drive side: Right-hand drive
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1986 Land Rover Defender BlackAlas, with a baby on the way I have to say goodbye to my pride and joy, a 1986 Land Rover Defender 90. Excellent running condition with one of a kind customization's throughout the vehicle. This is a real head turner.I must admit, I've gone fully overboard with this thing andI'mprobably $45,000 into thevehicle - but it has been fun!. Over the past 3 years I've been slowly restoring her from the engine all the way to the roof rack. Right Hand Drive, 2.5 Liter 4 Cylinder Turbo Diesel, 98000 miles. This is a diesel, these aren't even considered "broken in" until 150000+
This thing absolutely rocks.
Please make sure to read ALL of the below as I've done so much to thevehicle. I have three years of services and cosmetic paperworkI will gladly sharewith whomever asks for it.
- Engine Runs Great and was serviced in November 2017 (Oil Change, Filters swapped out, timing adjusted, new clutch cable, clutch fluid, hand break cable was twisted etc i can email you over the shop receipt)
- I've replaced all the plastic trim, or rubber seals (official land rover), door seals throughout the vehicle. The head gasket was replaced in April 2017,
- Entire Breaking System and radiator was replaced in 2016. Truck has beenliftedanadditional6 inches
- Yokohama Geolander A/T-S On/Off-Road Tires 285/75R16 122R Tires are only one year old. Spare is brand new.
- Usual rust in usual areas on a 32 year old truck. Being kept Garaged and in California the last few years has helped! No rust in footwells etc.
- $4,000 Paint Job in 2016 (i can email over receipt)
- $4,500 interior carpeting, sound proofing, custom door panels, dash, custom roof trim and interior metal surface painting (I can email over receipt)
- $11,500 in new LED lights, SURCO and THULE roof rack, 6" Apollo Pro KC explorer halogens, Masai skid plates, side steps, air intakes, spare wheel mount.
- CB Radio cable is set up underneath the vehicle. Comes with NEW uninstalled Cobra CB radio, mount, antennas and exterior speaker.
- Comes with LAMPHUS 100W Siren, Truck Horn (this is by far my favorite thing) and Loud Speaker (speaker hidden under the hood)
- Installed additional Battery Access Points in a hidden flap in the center console for easy access. This is so you don't need to remove the seat to get into the battery well.
- 12V output mounted on the exterior left rear. Excellent Outlet Access for camping needs, or exterior lighting.
- $3500 in Masai Panoramic Tinted Windows with "seamless" rear windows imported from the UK. Unbelievable head turner. All the rage in Europe right now, rare in the USA.
- The transfer case / gear box are in good condition.
- Original steering wheel, gear stick and diff lock. Original rubber seals in good coniditon.
- Brand new seats installed 3 months ago AND i'll send you the original 1986 seats seats that are in good condition. There are no rear seats, just clean carpeting.You might want to install the original front seats in the back? Or buy the bench seats for $200+ up to you.
- x2 Cameras (with night vision) mounted on the vehicle. 1. Rear 2. Left side blind spot. These connected into the rear view mirror and has two channels for other inputs if desired.
- Satellite Radio Antenna mounted to Hood. Looks like a mini snorkel.
- British Military Kill Switch Installed under the passenger seat that links to Military Grade Battery. This is great for a bunch of reasons 1. Never get a flat battery again 2. Take the key with you and no one can start the truck, 3. Looks cool.
- New Windscreen installed 2016 (new seals too)
- Lucky 8 Extra Large Off Road Fender Flares installed and I'll also throw in BRAND NEW LR Standard Fender Flares incase you don't like how wide they are
- Tow bar in good condition (I,e minor rust, non structural damage) new face plate installed December 2017
- Interior roof light has been switch from basic bulb to LED.
- Cool Air Flaps have been taken apart and re-installed fully re-greased and open and close easily without sticking (classic defender issue)
- Comes with a bunch of extras, like, first aid kit, fire extinguisher, individual LED light grills (not installed), additional LED steel guard for right side (not installed), various parts, res cables, trim accessories, new oil filters,
Here's what I would do finish it.
- Both doors need to have new Check Straps and Pins installed (the slider is in excellent condition) You can do this yourself - I just haven't had the time and just lost the pins when rebuilding the doors. New set is about $40 from Rovers North USA or Ebay.
- Passenger door lock needs some attention as it does occasionally stick when unlocking. Honestly, I'd just replace the lock cylinder (it'll cost $30 from Rovers North USA)
- Rear door needs new lock cylinder (it'll cost $30 from Rovers North USA - the door does lock though!)
- Rear Windshield Wiper motor new remounted, I have it but just haven't got around to, plus living in California I've never needed it)
Let's make this as painless as possible. Please no amateur Defender folks please. No Tire-Kickers and absolutely No Trades. I work all week but can arrange for quick test drives in the Venice, CA area on weekend or week nights with advance notice. I'd like to get this done as soon as possible so let's be in communication - you can reach me via text at 310 430 2045 or email email@example.com. Feel free to make me an offer. Happy to help arrange shipping when the time comes!
Thanks! And good luck!