LAND ROVER RANGE ROVER 2-DOOR 2.4L VM TURBO DIESEL
- Make: Land Rover
- Model: Range Rover
- Type: 2 Door
- Year: 1988
- Mileage: 180,000
- VIN: 00000000000000000
- Color: Green
- Engine size: 2.4L
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Diesel
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: Four wheel drive
- Interior color: Beige Cloth
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1988 Land Rover Range Rover
Iconic 1988 Range Rover 2- Door with the 2.5L VM Turbo Diesel, the only car ever to be displayed at the Louvre Museum in Paris as an ‘art installation’.
The VIN is SALLHABE8EA 329204
Very presentable example in the factory green, the truck is in factory specification having driven 180,000 miles in 29 years. Exported when it rolled off the production line in Solihull, Birmingham to the South of Spain, when it has spent the last 20-25 years in on a Spanish farm. This car has become a very rare sight on US highways since the two-door was never sold in America, thus a rare and collectable vehicle.
Having lived in the warm Spanish climate the car is rust free. On the highway the car can achieve very good gas mileage of around 500 miles per tank. Secondly the car is equipped with Air Conditioning, however may need some attention as the pulley to drive the compressor is missing.
Mechanically the car runs and drives ok, however there is a knocking from the VM engine, hard to tell whether thisis normal for the VM or something else, it sounds like tick tick and there is a whistling sound from the turbo under load. Thus would make the perfect candidate for a Chevy small block V8 conversion. The truck would benefit from a full re-spray and interior re-trim and an engine conversion would make in an awesome truck. A real head turner!
I hope this gives any prospective buyers an idea what could be done and how much it would cost. Or alternatively the car could be restored to its original factory specification and be an ideal collectors piece.
The VM engine was also used in many of the early Jeep Cherokee's so should be an easy truck to maintain in the US. Parts will be interchangeable with Jeep's and would imagine readily available.
Video Link of engine running:https://youtu.be/9sVQdKkd5EA
List below of VM vehicle applications:HR 492 OHV2.4 L (2,393cc or 146.0cuin)I4, with two (pushrod-actuated) valves-per-cylinder and indirect fuel injection (Bosch VE 4/10, Spica in some earlier applications). 92.0 x 90.0mm. This engine is also known as theVM81AandVM4 HT 2.4. At first the 2.4 used KKK 24 turbochargers, later KKK 16s were installed for higher output.
- 1988.10–1992.02Alfa Romeo 75, 112PS (82kW) at 4,200rpm and 240N·m (177lb·ft) at 2,400rpm
- 1984.10–1987.01Alfa Romeo 90, 110PS (81kW) at 4,200rpm and 235N·m (173lb·ft) at 2,300rpm
- 1983.04–1984.12Alfa Romeo Alfetta, 95PS (70kW) at 4,200rpm and 186N·m (137lb·ft) at 2,400rpm
- 1984DeltaMini Cruiser/Explorer, 100PS (74kW) at 4,200rpm
- 1986–1989.10Range Rover, 106PS (78kW) at 4,200rpm and 238N·m (176lb·ft) at 2,400rpm
- 1982.04–1986.10Rover 2400 SD Turbo (SD1), 67kW (90bhp) at 4,000rpm and 192N·m (142lb·ft) at 2,350rpm
- 1986-?UAZ 469B, 97PS (71kW) at 4,200rpm and 216N·m (159lb·ft) at 2,300rpm (installed for the Italian market by importer V. Martorelli)
- 1994–1998Alfa Romeo 155, 125PS (92kW) at 4,200rpm and 294N·m (217lb·ft) at 2,000rpm
- 1987–1992Alfa Romeo 164, 114–117PS (84–86kW) at 4,200rpm and 258N·m (190lb·ft) at 2,500rpm (HR492/VM84A/VM08)
- 1992–1998Alfa Romeo 164, 125PS (92kW) at 4,200rpm and 294N·m (217lb·ft) at 2,000rpm (HS492/VM32)
- 1991–2000Chrysler Voyager, 118PS (87kW) and 262N·m (193lb·ft)
- 1999–2000Dodge Dakota, 114hp (85kW) and 300N·m (221lb·ft)
- 1991-1995Dodge CaravanC/V (U.S. fleets only), 118PS (87kW) and 262N·m (193lb·ft)
- 1993-1999Ford Scorpio
- 1996–2000GAZGAZelle, 101hp (75kW); torque: 232N·m (171lb·ft)
- 1994–2001Jeep Cherokee, 118hp (88kW) at 4,000 rpm and 300N·m (221lb·ft) at 2,000rpm
- 1995–1998Jeep Grand Cherokee, 114hp (85kW) and 300N·m (221lb·ft)
- 1989.10-1992Range Rover, 121PS (89kW; 119bhp) at 4,200rpm and 284N·m (209lb·ft) at 1,950rpm
- 1990–1999Rover 800, 118bhp, latterly 120bhp (87-88kW) and 268N·m (198lb·ft) at 2,100rpm
- 1997–2000UAZ3160, 101hp (75kW) and 232N·m (171lb·ft)
- 1995 V.M.C 2500 Turbotronic, 117PS (86kW) at 4,200rpm and 235N·m (173lb·ft) at 2,200rpm
This engine was also used in some earlyToyota Land Cruisers&Hilux, andOpel Fronteras.
The car will be exported with a Spanish export title, ready for registration in the USA.
Only one other 2 Door Range Rover for sale on the entire US eBay, its Blue in almost the same spec with a 2.4VM, so go check it out!!
We can organize shipping to the new owner anywhere in America and globally. For reference here are a few examples of shipping costs:
Ro|Ro costs (USD)
20ft Container costs (USD)
$1300 - New York
$1880 - New York
$1600 - Galveston Port (50 miles to Houston)
$1880 - Houston
$1590 - Jacksonville Port (327 miles to Miami)
$2000 - Miami
$1600 - Port Hueneme (70 miles to Los Angeles)
$2700 - Los Angeles
Estimated import fessto the USA:Fee Example For New York
Destination port handling cost $100.00
Import security filing bond $100.00
Import security filing $45.00
Customs clearance $250.00 (includes DOT and EPA filings)
Single entry import bond $6.00 per $1000.00 of the value (the bond must be for three times the value as there are three Government agencies involved, Customs, DOT, EPA)
Duty: 2.5% of the value
Merchandise processing fee 0.3464% of the valueHarbor maintenance fee 0.125% of the value