1986 Land Rover Defender 90 FRAME Off RESTORED! NEW CONDITION! NO RESERVE!
Price: - Item location: Lakewood, New Jersey, United States
- Make: Land Rover
- Model: Defender
- Doors: 3
- Year: 1986
- Mileage: 38,000
- VIN: 00000000000000000
- Color: Green
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Diesel
- Transmission: Manual
- Interior color: Tan
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1986 Land Rover DefenderVehicle Overview VIN:SALLDVAB8AA273739
I am selling my own personal Land Rover Defender 90. This is a truly unique 90, built to my own exact standards, with the goal of making it look as though it should have come from the factory.
It drives beautifully thanks to a tasteful re-fresh engine.
1986 Special Vehicles 90 Defender (purchased via a dealer, it has original Mileage 38,000, was regularly serviced by previous owner and kept in a heated garage. He put approximately 23,000 miles which is (38,000km) on it in 30 years of ownership and serviced every 5,000. Recently completely rebuilt to create my own version to the Land Rover, featuring some of the best elements of Land Rovers in one vehicle.
* Built on chassis painted with polyurethane primer and a satin black finish for a factory look
* Bulkhead has been removed, refurbished and galvanised before painting for long lasting corrosion resistance.
* Axles rebuilt, professionally shot blasted, then etch primed and painted with satin black paint, including axle breathers and filled with new oil.
* Diffs inspected and found to be excellent condition. New drain plugs fitted as well as new bump stops. Fitted new OEM dampers and springs along with galvanized shock turrets and spring retainers. All new genuine wheel bearings.
* Reconditioned steering box and OME steering damper. All new steering pipes. New steering arms and pan hard rod fitted, all new bolts and balljoints. Steering column refurbished. Pedal box gaskets renewed.
* Galvanised Steering Guard.
* Bodycappings have been removed, galvanised and then insulated to prevent galvanic corrosion and re-rivited in place.
* SuperPro bushes fitted all round improve the handling, making this feel quite tight for a Land Rover and like a new Defender.
* Swivels rebuilt with new king pins and genuine Timken bearings, one-shot grease renewal and shot blasted and painted to match chassis and axles.
* All new fixings, treated with ACF50 type anti-corrosion spray
* All seats have been re-trimmed in Italian Connolly leather. Windscreen wiper arms, cable and relay replaced. New spindles and washer jets.
* New headlights, including bowls, seals, screws. New indicators & side lights and all new rear lighting.
* Radius arms and rear trailing arms wire wheeled, rust-proofed then repainted in satin black paint.
* Wiring loom removed, cleaned, inspected and refitted with new fixings
* Brand new OEM Propshafts and fixings.
* New door hinges and anti-burst locks.
* All new wing mirrors
* R380 gearbox was stripped, steam cleaned and painted, then reconditioned with new bearings & magnetic drain plug before being rebuilt and fitted back to vehicle. Repainted transfer box. New OEM gearbox mountings. New handbrake cable fitted.
* New clutch and dual mass flywheel, as well as clutch fork and release bearing, clutch slave and master cylinder and all pipe work / securing clips.
* Engine was overhauled, elongated manifold studs, strip down and paint to protect from corrosion with POR-15 pastel original engine block paint, matching the bodywork. Paint and Polished rocker cover, new belt pulleys and bearings fitted, other pulleys painted, new gaskets fitted to rocker cover and turbo oil drain pipe. Replaced rear cam oil seal. Turbo repainted with heat proof turbo paint. All new coolant and boost silicone hoses fitted with Stainless steel clips, with a custom black satin factory finish. New thermostat. Replaced old radiator with a like for like replacement.
* All new engine mountings & heat shields.
* New Alternator.
* Galvanised radiator slam panel and brackets. Straight through full stainless steel exhaust with a backbox. Brand new exhaust mounts and rubbers. The exhaust sounds amazing!
* Full rebuild calipers with stainless steel pistons to prevent corrosion. Brake fluid renewed and all new brake pipes formed and fitted. Fitted Goodridge flexible brake hoses and New performance discs breaks with New pads.
* Wheels are OEM rims painted in Silver, with Nokian 265/75R16 tires fitted.
* Bodywork has been sanded down, primed and painted in Celadon Ceramic, a Land Rover colour.
* Stone chipping was painstakingly removed and reapplied. Doors replaced.
* We build this truck for a fantastic driving experience!
* The rear a frame ball joint has been replaced with a new part.
* Has a rear fuel tank guard and galvanised rock sliders fitted.
* All fixings torqued, rust proofed and a small application of molybdenum grease to aid future removal where possible.
Essentially, this is like a brand new Land Rover, with today's period styling. It's a joy to drive and gathers a lot of waves and attention wherever it goes. This is a unique vehicle and a one-off build, would suit an investor or Land Rover enthusiast.
This project took over a year to complete. Cost was over $55K (NOT including the cost of the, low mileage 1986 Defender)
Descriptions are as accurate as possible. Being that we're only human, mistakes can be made. If you email, or call us, we can resolve any misunderstanding.
For more information and inquiries:
Call/Text: Ron 917-615-2966
Visit our website for more of our Projects:areteamericana.com
Follow us to be the first to see our work: