1973 Land Rover Series III Ex-MOD (California Registered)
- Condition: Used
- Make: Land Rover
- Model: Other
- Trim: Utility
- Year: 1973
- Mileage: 86,000
- VIN: 91104362B
- Color: Green
- Engine size: 4-cyl Petrol / Gasoline
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: 2WD / 4WD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1973 Land Rover Other Utility
1973 Land Rover Ex-MOD RHD FFR Series III 109 Utility
Vehicle was decommissioned from the MOD after reaching service life completion and imported into the US sometime thereafter. Vehicle is Right Hand Drive and currently registered in Calif. and exempt from emissions / smog requirements. It features a 24v charging / ignition system with suppression / shielded high tension leads fitted. The original towing pintle for the Sankey trailer is also on the vehicle.
The vehicle is in running / driving condition and is currently used as a runabout / weekend car. With the exception of the wipers, electrics work, i.e. headlights, taillights, horn, indicators, etc. NATO Convey switch is intact and operable, with original bakelite knob being present. There are no issues with the engine / cooling system and the vehicle operates exceptionally well in both summer / winter seasons.
It has the usual dents / altercations that one would expect from an ex-Military vehicle that is 40 plus years old. A re-paint of the exterior and certain portions of the interior occurred sometime prior, likely to be when it was decommissioned.
Rust is evident in the bulkhead (firewall) and is typical for any Land Rover, Series or Defender. Included in the sale is a replacement bulkhead which has usable sheet metal to cut out and weld in.
* Overhauling of the the hydraulic brake system also just completed where a new master cylinder / wheel cylinders / hydraulic hoses were fitted.
* Recent tune up to the ignition system which include spark plugs / ignition points / rotor button.
* Engine oil high pressure line replaced and sump removed, leaned and re-installed with new oil filter.
* A new fuel pump was fitted with both fuel tanks (saddle tanks under the driver and passenger) being cleaned prior.
* Two (2) new batteries were installed and the alternator checked to be charging 24v.
* Both the driver and passenger seats were replaced with Exmoor seats.
* Newer model Defender Lights were fitted to the front and rear for the park / indicator / brake light applications.
Warranty & Advertisement:
No warranty expressed nor implied. All sales are final. Vehicle is listed elsewhere for sale and should it sell prior, this listing shall be removed.
***If you are local you are welcome to come take a look at the rover. It's located in Bel Air.