Land Rover 109 Safari
- Condition: Used
- Make: Land Rover
- Model: 109 / 110 Safari / Defender
- Type: SUV
- Year: 1962
- Mileage: 78,500
- VIN: 27600603A
- Color: Green
- Engine size: 200 TDI
- Power options: Power Seats
- Fuel: Diesel
- Transmission: 4 spd w Fairey Overdrive
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Tan
- Options: Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1962 Land Rover 109 / 110 Safari / Defender
This is a very cool head turning Land Rover 109 Safari with a Defender 110 front end that was installed for the rebuild to provide more room for the Land Rover 200 TDI diesel engine. It is suitable for daily driving and will easily reach highway speeds. The records I have goback to 2002 when the vehicle was purchased from Liveridge British 4x4 in Earlswood, UK. It was then exported to the USA June 2003. GB Certificate of Permanent Export, as well as the MOT Test Certificate, customs certificate, and Colorado VIN inspectionis available.
In 2004, it was rebuilt with extensive service records from Auto Tecnica in Nederland, CO.
Just a few of the items that were addressed include:
- Replace Master Cylinder and Pedal Box
- Replace Steering Arm and both Tie Rods (drives very straight)
- Transmission rebuild (shifts great)
- Rebuilt 200 TDI Land Rover engine and Defender front end installed apx 33 MPG on highway w less than 200 miles on it!
- Newer Defender tan leather seats installed front and back. High back seats are safer especially if you are hauling kids.
- Front seats are electric adjustable and are heated
- New, very well done Rino-liner interior and under the chassis.
- Galvanized frame so no rust whatsoever.
- Cargo area sliding windows installed
- Safari Roof Rack and Ladder like new
- Newer fully functional seat belts
- Newer Land Rover steering wheel w horn andlight switch
- Power steering
- Fairy Overdrive
- Engine block heater and plug
- Old Man Emu shocks
- engine compartment battery access (batteries are under seats but this allows the truck to jump or be jumped without taking off the seats)
- kill switch/key turns off all power so it can't be hot-wired
- lockable padded console box between front seats w radio compartment (no radio)
- Daylight LED interior lighting
- It is titled as a 1962 diesel.
- the paint is good for the year and looks original but there are chips and dings to be expected with a vehicle this age.
- there are no rear padded bench seats
- the Speedometer does not work but the odometer does.
I am happy tosend more photos/ detailed images as needed.
Here is the email I received from the pre-purchase inspection at Roadside Werx when I purchased it. The owner has restored over 20 Land Rovers (not this one) and replied with:"Hi Lance, Congratulations on getting the Safari 109”, It’s a great truck! All the fluids looked great and topped off the last time the truck was at our shop (about a month ago). Also, the driveshafts look good, tires are close to brand new, exhaust is in good shape. The motor was actually installed using a kit from England by another shop but the install looks good. We have not serviced the transmission or transfer case. It does shift well though and transmission and T-case seem to be functioning well. The 110” front end was installed correctly, and all lights on the truck function. Electric seats work as well. Overall, its a solid truck. If there is anything you would like us to service please let us know."
If you would like further information and I'll be happy to help.