Tithonus Right Hand Drive Ex-MOD. 4.6 V8 Conversion. Excellent Condition!
- Condition: Used
- Make: Land Rover
- Model: Defender
- Trim: 110
- Year: 1987
- Mileage: 2,500
- VIN: 00000000000000000
- Color: Green
- Engine size: 4.6 V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1987 Land Rover Defender
This 1987 Land Rover Defender 110 Tithonus Right Hand Drive Softtop was purchased from The British Ministry of Defense and legally imported to the US. It has a clear Florida title. It has been extensively refurbished under The British Military Life Extension Program (LEP), also known as ''Project Tithonus'' as well as major modifications/improvements by Jake Krug at Adventure Motorwerks. See below for complete listing.
The ''Project Tithonus'' refurbishment program, which commenced in 2007 & 2008, individually selected the best available 20 year old in-service Defender 110s. They refurbished these selected units without regard to costs in order to extend their service life by ten or more years.This Defender is rust free and is an exceptional example of the Tithonus series.
This particular Defender 110 is a Right Hand Drive FFR unit (Fitted for Radio). Typically the FFR units are in considerably better condition than other service units by generally leading a much easier life.
The interior has been upgraded with premium Exmoor Outlast front seats with headrests and seatbelts, rear side facing folding bench seats with seatbelts, and rubber insulating matting floor coverings.
The updated soft top is secured over a full safety roll cage. It has been equipped with diamond plate to the hood and fenders and also ''Wolf'' heavy duty wheels.
Withthe V8/Automatic Transmissionmodification, thistruck is a daily driver that easily handles freeway driving speeds with tons of acceleration for merging/passing as well as towing. Theaddition of power steering makes in-town driving/parking easy and pleasurable. TheBFG All Terrain T/A K02 tires handle excellent with no pulling. If you've never driven a right hand drive car I can assure you it is not difficult in the least and is actually quite fun as well as an attention getter.
This vehicle is also for sale locally.
Adventure Motorwerks Modifications:
• New 4.6liter Land Rover V8 with top-hat sleeved, studded, hi-compression pistons, serpentine driven
• All new ancillariesi.e. water pump, starter, distributor, power steering, electrics, etc.
• Refurbished ZFHP22 Automatic Transmission with custom shift kit
• Refurbished LT230 Transfer Box with 1.22 ratio highway gearing and 3.33 low range
• New upgraded NAS front vented disc brakes and calipers.
• New Holley Truck Avenger carburetor
• New Hedman header and complete exhaust system with Flowmaster muffler
• New BFG All Terrain T/A K02 tires
• Custompowder-coated diamond plate panels
• New custom interior door panels from Rovers North
• New professionally installed Sony Mex-xb 100BlueTooth hi-powered stereo with Sony GF1720 speakers
• New Tuffycenter console lock box
• New 7pin trailer connector/harness for towing
• All fluids replaced with Redline Full Synthetic
• Vin#SALLDHAC7BA310829 (british)
• Mileage listed is drivetrain only since new
Additional photos available UPON REQUEST, including pre-build photos showing rust free chassis, etc. Please email for link to album.
I can arrange transport of the vehicle using the carrier of your choice. Feel free to contact me in advance of bidding with any questions you may have.On Aug-22-16 at 18:57:31 PDT, seller added the following information:
PLEASE NOTE: THE WHITE LOGO THAT APPEARS ON THE DOORS IS APPLIED PRESSURE-SENSITIVE VINYL THAT IS FULLY REMOVABLE WITHOUT RESIDUE OR DAMAGE TO THE PAINT. THEY WILL BE REMOVED IN ADVANCE OF THE SALE.On Aug-23-16 at 12:34:07 PDT, seller added the following information:
NOTE: THIS TRUCK WAS PROCURED FOR ME DIRECTLY FROM THE BRITISH MOD AND IMPORTED INTO THE UNITED STATES BY RENOWNED LAND ROVER CONSTRUCTOR JAKE KRUG OF ADVENTURE MOTOR-WERKS. IT WAS THE BEST EXAMPLE OF 3 TRUCKS HAND-PICKED BY HIS AGENT IN ENGLAND. THE MODIFICATIONS LISTED WERE ORDERED BY MYSELF AND CARRIED OUT BY JAKE, COMPLETED EARLY-2016. THERE IS A COMPLETE PROVENANCE ON THIS VEHICLE. ALL PARTS USED ARE GENUINE LR PARTS. I AM RELUCTANTLY SELLING THE TRUCK TO HELP FUND A NEW BUSINESS VENTURE I AM STARTING.
• LED HEADLIGHTS