1966 Land Rover Series 2A 88 LHD Galvanized 2.25L gas project defender classic
Price: US $4,500.00 Item location: West Point, New York, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Land Rover
- Model: Defender
- SubModel: 88
- Type: 88
- Trim: Series 2A
- Year: 1966
- Mileage: 47,016
- VIN: 2422535B
- Color: Limestone
- Engine size: 2.25L Gas
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Limestone
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1966 Land Rover Defender 88This is a great opportunity for someone to take on a relatively easy and affordable project to get a genuine left hand drive series 2A 88 back on the road/trail where it belongs! I bought this not long ago with the intent to get it up and running, but a personal emergency forces sale. A handy shade tree mechanic with less than a grand and a weekend or two could get this back up and running... or throw some real money at it and produce a great restoration!
The best part of this truck is its galvanized frame. The worst part of this truck is its ungalvanized and rotted bulkhead! The bulkhead needs replacement. No argument... it is, in my opinion, beyond repair. Replace the bulkhead and the hardest part is out of the way. I've put in a new battery and am getting power to lights and am able to get the engine to turn over. Thats it. THIS VEHICLE DOES NOT RUN. However, I think with a coil/plug replacement you could get spark and get this truck running with minimal work.
Seatbox interior needs work, see photos. Exterior is fine but seat rails are rotted as well. The gauges and center-dash are restorable and function best I can tell. Again, the bulkhead is rotted.
I have not tested the transmission, transfer case, clutch or brakes. The steering wheel is all busted but I have acquired and will include a decent replacement that is in good condition and could easily be restored to like-new condition.
No title! Bill of sale only. I have not had the vehicle long enough to title it. I had intended to title in NY once it was road worthy and worth insuring!
All I'm asking is what I have into the vehicle so far, minus the shipping I paid. While I need the cash right now... I'm not going to take a complete loss on this truck more than the loss I'm taking in the shipping I paid. I think I got a good deal and am offering that same deal here. All sales are final. I will work with vehicle shippers if you do the payment and coordination. Vehicle is available for viewing in New York, an hour north of the city up the Palisades parkway.
- Left Hand Drive
- Galvanized Chassis
- Older restoration with Respray Limestone, would buff out to a nice patina but not show quality
- Clean body panels with few dents
- New battery (NAPA) with 12V getting to the points, but no spark
- Starter turns over
- Tires are old but useable
- Vehicle rolls on and off a trailer fine
- Lights work
- Good condition steering wheel included
- Rotted bulkhead needs replacing
- Does not run, engine history unknown
- Clutch/brakes untested
- seat box interior and seat rails rotted
- some rust on front grille panel around lights
- No title - bill of sale only
- No top, canvas or hoop set included
- Seats are dry-rotted. will need replacing