Award Winning North American Land Rover Series IIa 109" 5 door 200TDi diesel
- Condition: Used
- Make: Land Rover
- Model: Land Rover Series IIa 109" Station Wagon
- Type: Wagon
- Trim: Station Wagon
- Year: 1969
- Mileage: 5,438
- Color: Limestone
- Engine size: 200TDi Diesel
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Diesel
- Transmission: Santana SIII 4 speed with Fairey O/D
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1969 Land Rover Land Rover Series IIa 109" Station Wagon
“Summer” was completed in 2005 by the award winning Land Rover restorer Alan Simpson, he started with a new galvanized chassis and build her true to her origins’ with a couple of safety upgrades such as dual brake system.
Summer has faithfully served on many expeditions through the mountains of British Columbia, Alberta, Washington State, Idaho, California and Utah.
In 2005 she was part of a group of Land Rovers that successfully conquered the Alexander Mackenzie Heritage Trail which is normally only undertaken by foot or horseback. The trip followed the explorer’s 1793 route from just north of Quesnel, BC through to the Pacific Ocean at Bella Coola. Most of her “beauty marks” were earned on that trip.
· Galvanized chassis (estimated 15,000 miles since total rebuild completed in 2005)
· 200 TDi diesel engine (professionally rebuild 5,500 miles ago 2010)
· Santana Series III transmission ( new 5,500 miles ago)
· Fairey overdrive (rebuilt by Rovers Down South)
· Servo dual brake system
· Warn 8274 8,000 lb. electric winch
· Pangolin “smiley” galvanized which bumper
· Rocky Mountain Parabolic Springs
· Side and rear folding steps
· Mantec rear tire mount (with additional spare wheel/tire not matching)
· Five New OEM Defender Wheels
Hannibal Roof tent, roof rack, awning, and Garmin GPS pictured are not included in Auction but available to winning bidder for an additional sum.
This vehicle has been featured in numerouscatalogs(including Eddie Bauer's),calendarsand articles in the UK, North America and Australia.
Summer has been featured in numerouscatalogs,calendarsand articles in the UK, North America and Australia including being the Eddie Bauercatalogmodel in 2011.
I I have owned this Land Rover for over 11 years and consider it to be theconsummateLand Rover, too many Land Rovers requires me to thin the fleet and I just do not use it enough. It is located in Vancouver, BC just north of the US/Canada border. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. I can assist in shipping if requested. (604) 739-3019