1973 Land Rover, Series 3, Model 88
Price: US $12,000.00 Item location: Eureka, Montana, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Land Rover
- Model: Series 3 Model 88
- Type: Wagon
- Year: 1973
- Mileage: 87,388
- VIN: 90603735A
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 2.25L
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Diesel
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Gray
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1973 Land Rover Series 3 Model 881973 Land Rover, Series 3, Model 88, 2-Door Wagon, 4x4, SWB, RHD, 2.25L Diesel
(Imported Nov. 2015)
This was my personal vehicle that I drove while I lived in Ireland. I spent hundreds and hundreds of hours cleaning this vehicle up and replacing old rusted panels. She comes from England originally where she spent 35 years before coming to Ireland where she lived for 8 years in Co. Tipperary and Co. Clare. I bought her from a guy from Wexford who had a vacation house in Miltown Malbay / Spanish Point, Co. Clare.
Montana registered with 1973 Montana plates along with the original Irish license plate on the front. The vehicle has all of the US import paperwork and the original title from Eire (Ireland). I also have new door seals, hood seal, and rubber bases for the shifters, rivet gun and rivets.
Now, if you know anything about Land Rovers -- they leak. . .they will always leak and there's no fixing that. So just know this one leaks out of love. It's a strong vehicle, almost like driving a mini tank.
Comes with brand new Mud/Snow Cooper tires (tyres) as of 4-21-2016 and brand new battery (biggest one they got!) New starter installed Jan 2016 (buyer gets old one if they wish to rebuild). New Gas tank installed in late 2015.
NADA value: High $41,700 / Average $ 25,400 / Low $11,400
* Odometer does not work nor does the speedometer. By GPS I was able to get her up to 57 MPH on a flat surface. So she has a strong original motor.
* There are minor dents, rust, paint chips and missing paint inside and outside this vehicle. Don't expect this to be a showroom vehicle, it's a working man's vehicle. But's it's in great shape!
* Needs a new wiring harness (down the road), the rear diff leaks. The engine has a minor leak...this is normal. Windshield wipers wont turn off, so I unhooked the plug - glitch I need to sort out, no biggie.
*Chassis has been re-welded (got this professionally done in Shannontown, Ireland end of 2015).
*Panels on the drivers side and passenger side wheel well have been replaced, as well as the foot wells. Was very rusty, know she's back in good order.
* Vehicle does not come with the rear foreign plate, only the front one which is attached to the vehicle.
*Vehicle comes with portfolio of important documents (US Import paperwork which was processed and approved by CBP), clean and clear Montana Title and (Original Irish Registration Certificate *Voided), Bill of Sale, Proforma Invoice, etc...