Series 1, 3.5 liter tdi diesel, galvanized chassis, early Defender drivetrain
- Condition: Used
- Make: Land Rover
- Model: Series 1 107"
- SubModel: 107" Station Wagon
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: Station Wagon
- Year: 1957
- VIN: 131800029
- Color: gray
- Engine size: Mazda SL 3.5l tdi
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Diesel
- Transmission: Manual 5 Speed LT-77
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: n/a
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive, Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1957 Land Rover Series 1 107" 107" Station Wagon
1957 107" SW with the following features/modifications:
- galvanized 109 one-ton frame
- Salisbury one-ton rear end with ARB air locker (4.75 gearing)
- Series front end with chrome-moly Dana 44 axles and Ashcroft air locker (4.75 gearing)
- 315 75R16 BFG KM2s (very little wear) on steel rover wheels
- Mazda 3.5 SL tdi diesel engine (common conversion in England; pins you back in your seat!)
- LT77 5-speed gearbox
- LT230 t-case
- Overland Engineering power steering system with P38A box and pump
- Heavy duty Performance Unlimited steering links
- Warn 8000 winch/synthetic on bulletproof custom Research in Recovery custom front bumper
- 109" rear fuel tank with custom Overland Engineering skid plate (equally bulletproof) and standard receiver hitch
- Interior roll cage with custom Performance Unlimited interior spare tire mount (full size spare).
- Custom Red Barn Engineering battery box with ARB locker compressor under driver seat and cubby box under driver seat and Custom Overland Engineering storage cubby under passenger seat
- Jegs heater
- Bestop soft top truck cab setup with custom plastic windows (original hard top also comes with the vehicle).
- CB radio, modern fuel, oil pressure and temp gauges tastefully mounted in dash, in-line electric engine block heater. Zero rust, never driven in winter.
Here are some pics:
1957 107" Land Rover SW
I imported the truck myself from England two years ago and have all importation papers (I employed a really good import agent so everything went exceedingly smoothly). Truck is registered, inspected and insured here in VT.
This truck is built to tackle anything off-road but still provide comfortable and powerful on-road performance including plenty of horsepower to keep up with highway traffic. It's a one-of-a-kind truly practical Series 1 built entirely with easily serviceable and sourced parts, including the Mazda engine, parts for which are sourced at M & D Engineering in the UK. I'm running the truck with the soft-top truck cab at the moment and it's just awesome for utility as a pickup. Huge payload and you can get at everything through the rear passenger doors. As stated, I do have the original hard-top with alpine windows and safari roof as well as the original rear bench seat which actually folds flat into a bed (a 107" exclusive feature) but I so prefer running the truck as a pickup for the better handling and utility.
NOTE TO BUY IT NOW CUSTOMERS: Buy it now purchase includes a brand new set of RCV cv-jointed lifetime warranty front axle assemblies and a front disc brake conversion kit that's taken half a year to get from England and Performance Unlimited in Bridgewater Vermont is poised to install them for you. As I'm sure you can gather, I have far more than $35k into this truck and I feel that this price is incredibly reasonable in light of other recent northeast Series 1 rover sales:
Selling because my main Vermont Overland vehicle is my LR3 and, to be very honest, with kids heading into college, I can't justify owning two rovers anymore.On Apr-01-16 at 08:19:39 PDT, seller added the following information:
Here's a vid of the truck's current setup: https://youtu.be/LkEC7GgD7fI