65k miles. 1992 Wrangler YJ 4.0L Runs MINT. COLD AC
Price: US $10,400.00 Item location: San Antonio, Texas, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Jeep
- Model: Wrangler
- Year: 1992
- Mileage: 65,025
- VIN: 2J4FY29S0NJ554485
- Color: White
- Engine size: 4.0L 6-cyl
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Gray
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1992 Jeep WranglerThis is my personal Jeep. I am not a dealer. NO RESERVE.
This is an extraordinary vehicle. 65k pampered miles. Donâ€™t miss this.
Purchased by a father and then the son who drove it only on weekends. With only 33k miles, the son parked it in their barn to build a custom off-road project (that never happened). Parked for many years.
In 2014, it was taken out of their barn with only 33k miles and sold to another father/son. They took it to a mechanic shop to service all fluids and tune up. (I have the receipt). It became a daily driver in 2014. He never took it off road.
I have service records from 2014 with only 33k miles.
I found this Jeep after months looking for a clean 4.0L YJ because I owned one in college many many years ago. I wanted to find a CLEAN, LOW MILES Wrangler to keep in the family. Give to my son when heâ€™s older.
My wife and I planned to keep this beauty forever but we must sell it. We have urgent bills and a baby on the way.
- Has the unstoppable 4.0L engine with tons of power. STRONG. Like new. Starts and runs every time. Crazy reliable. Every Jeep dude nods at me at red lights and at gas stations. The 4.0 is usually the first comment.
- No hesitation. Will go ANY speed you want on the highway. Literally. No struggle.
- Everything mechanical is original. A time capsule YJ
- Automatic transmission. Clean shifts. Smooth shifts.
- Cold air conditioning. Rare for 1992. Yes, cold AC and fan speeds work great
- Professionally installed 4â€ Rough Country suspension system. Just to improve the look and ride while still keeping it unmolested.
- Brand new 33â€ tires and 16x8 wheels. BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain KM2. Top of the line. Special sized to fit perfectly in the wheel wheels without needing re-gearing or much trimming. Tires still have the rubber nipples on them. Never even seen Armor-All yet. Less than 400 miles on them.
- Brand new wheels. Special order. Gorgeous. Clean and smooth. With Gorilla locks.
- 4wd works perfectly. Transfer case lever is solid.
- Electronics work perfectly. Even the intermittent wipers, windshield washer, 4wd light, dash lights, and all gauges.
- Previous owner installed a Bluetooth stereo with remote. You can take and receive calls hands-free through the speakers. Microphone installed discreetly on steering column. Kinda cheesy but I never use it.
- Overhead soundbar added. Typical YJ sound bar. Nothing fancy.
- Steel center console. Bolted to floor. Looks faded but itâ€™s strong. Lockable.
- New windshield. Upgraded to Pittsburgh Glass. Old one had a crack.
- New carpet. Upgraded to heavy backing mat. Full carpet installed.
- Runs at perfect temperature. Never overheats. Never stays cold. New thermostat
- Oil pressure is good at all RPM range.
- Even the hardtop struts are still strong.
- Installed new Bilstein 5100 shocks all around. Radical improvement in stability and harshness over bumps
- I had misc maintenance and service needs done by a repair facility as soon as I purchased it (new track bar bushing, rear pinion seal, O-rings in AC lines, new thermostat, adjust parking brake). They checked it bumper to bumper.
- INTERIOR DOES NOT LEAK WHEN RAINING
- I would drive this Jeep across the country in a heartbeat. It's been strong and reliable for me.
- ZERO brake pull or rattle or vibration. Perfectly straight when braking.
- Idles smooth as silk.
- ZERO steering wander or pull. Tracks straight.
- New hoses and plugs. All maintenance done.
- Door seals are fresh and tight. Window seals are new.
- Includes both original 1992 keys
- A few normal squeaks (it's a YJ)
- Paint is 26 years old. Not bad but could use a polish. Itâ€™s never seen much sun since I keep it in a parking garage. Normal wear and tear on exterior. A few knicks here and there. Never abused. Never.
- Pinion seal replaced in April (regular maintenance). But, I havenâ€™t cleaned off the residue on the differential housing yet. Needs to be wiped down.
- Right blinker relay needs replaced. This happened yesterday. Iâ€™m sure Autozone sells one for a few bucks.
REMINDER:Don't buy this Jeep if this is your first Wrangler. Jeeps before 1997 are rough, unrefined, and pure. They are a special breed. They are not comfortable or smooth. If you HAVE driven a YJ before, you'll think this one drives like an absolute DREAM. Solid ride and confident. But if you've never driven a YJ, theyâ€™ll seem rough for you. And yes, itâ€™s a 26 year old vehicle designed by American Motors. Super cool... but itâ€™s not for everybody. Donâ€™t expect perfection or luxury. Even when new, these are unrefined and rough. They are direct descendants of the WW2 Jeeps. Very little changed until 1997. Donâ€™t bid if youâ€™ve never driven a YJ or if you expect a 2018 luxury automobile.
You can find cheap Jeep YJs out there but most of them are abused, old, and tired. I am only selling to pay bills. I donâ€™t need lowball offers or trades.
FREE:I am including a grill guard for this Jeep at no charge. I was going to sell it separately but Iâ€™ll throw it in free to the winning bidder. Iâ€™m also including some anti-theft door hinge locks I bought for it.
Feel free to email me with any questions or to schedule a test drive. I reserve the right to end the auction early since I am posting it for sale locally.
Full balance must be paid before I release vehicle. TITLE IN HAND. NO RESERVE. A bid is a commitment to buy. Thank you for looking.