65k miles. BARN FIND 1992 Wrangler YJ 4.0L Runs MINT. COLD AC
Price: US $11,850.00 Item location: San Antonio, Texas, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Jeep
- Model: Wrangler
- Year: 1992
- Mileage: 65,025
- VIN: 2J4FY29S0NJ554485
- Color: White
- Engine size: 4.0L 6-cyl
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Gray
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1992 Jeep WranglerThis is my personal Jeep. I am not a dealer.
This is an extraordinary vehicle. 65k pampered miles. Donâ€™t miss this.
Purchased by a father and then the son who drove it only on weekends. With only 33k miles, the son parked it in their barn to build a custom off-road project (that never happened).
In 2014, it was taken out of their barn with only 33k miles and sold to another father/son. They took it to a mechanic shop to service all fluids and tune up. (I have the receipt). It became a daily driver in 2014. He never took it off road.
It's crazy to see the service record from 2014 with only 33k miles.
I found this Jeep by luck after months of searching. I was looking for a clean 4.0L YJ because I owned one in college many many years ago... so I wanted to find a CLEAN, LOW MILES Wrangler to keep in the family. Give to my son when heâ€™s older.
I planned to keep this Jeep forever but I must sell it. My wife and I have bills to pay.
I HATE TO SEE IT GO. Especially with these low miles. And with the perfect wheels, tires, carpet, and Bilstein shocks.
- Has the unstoppable 4.0L engine with tons of power. STRONG. Like new. Starts and runs every time. Crazy reliable.
- No hesitation. Will go ANY speed you want on the highway. Literally. No struggle.
- Everything mechanical is original. A time capsule YJ
- Automatic transmission. Clean shifts. Smooth shifts.
- Cold air conditioning. Rare for 1992. Yes, cold AC and fan speeds work great
- Professionally installed 4â€ Rough Country suspension system. Just to improve the look and ride while still keeping it unmolested.
- Brand new 33â€ tires and 16x8 wheels. BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain KM2. Special sized to fit perfectly in the wheel wheels without needing re-gearing or trimming. Tires still have the rubber nipples on them. Never even seen Armor-All yet. Less than 500 miles on them.
- Brand new wheels. Simulated bead-locks. Clean and smooth. With Gorilla locks.
- 4wd works perfectly. Transfer case lever is solid.
- All electronics work perfectly. Even the intermittent wipers, windshield washer, 4wd light, dash lights, and all gauges.
- Previous owner installed a Bluetooth stereo with remote. You can take and receive calls hands-free through the speakers. Microphone installed discreetly on steering column. Kinda cheesy but I never use it.
- Overhead soundbar added. Typical YJ sound bar. Nothing fancy.
- Steel center console. Bolted to floor. Looks faded but itâ€™s strong.
- New windshield. Upgraded to Pittsburgh Glass. Old one had a crack.
- New carpet. Upgraded to heavy backing mat. Full carpet installed.
- Runs at perfect temperature. Never overheats. Never stays cold. New thermostat
- Oil pressure is good at all RPM range.
- Even the hardtop struts are still strong.
- Installed new Bilstein 5100 shocks all around. Radical improvement in stability and harshness over bumps
- I had misc maintenance and service needs done by a repair facility as soon as I purchased it (new track bar bushing, rear pinion seal, O-rings in AC lines, new thermostat, adjust parking brake). They checked it bumper to bumper.
- INTERIOR DOES NOT LEAK WHEN RAINING
- I would drive this Jeep across the country in a heartbeat. It's been strong and reliable for me.
- ZERO brake pull or rattle or vibration. Perfectly straight when braking.
- Idles smooth as silk.
- ZERO steering wander or pull. Tracks straight.
- Door seals are fresh and tight. Window seals are new.
- Includes both original 1992 keys
- A few normal squeaks (it's a YJ)
- Paint is 26 years old. Not bad but could use a polish. Itâ€™s never seen much sun since I keep it in a parking garage where we live.
- Normal wear and tear on exterior. Never abused.
REMINDER:Don't buy this Jeep if this is your first Wrangler. Jeeps before 1997 are rough, unrefined, and pure. They are a special breed. They aren't comfortable or smooth. If you HAVE driven a YJ before, you'll think this one drives like an absolute DREAM. Solid ride and confident. But if you've never driven a YJ, theyâ€™ll seem rough for you. Gotta love it.
You can find cheap Jeep YJs out there but most of them are abused, old, and tired. I paid much more for this one because it's rare and in great condition. Worth every penny. I wanted one to last a lifetime. I am only selling to pay bills. Iâ€™m also including some anti-theft locks I bought for it.
Feel free to email me with any questions or to schedule a test drive. I reserve the right to end the auction early since I am posting it for sale locally.
Full balance must be paid before I release vehicle. TITLE IN HAND. Thank you for looking.