1993 Jurassic Park JP12 Jeep Wrangler YJ Sahara - 6 Cyl 4.0L
Price: - Item location: Seattle, Washington, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Jeep
- Model: Wrangler
- Type: SUV
- Trim: Sahara
- Year: 1993
- Mileage: 106,000
- VIN: 1J4FY49S9PP222482
- Color: Champagne / Red
- Engine size: 4.0 L
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Green
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive, Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1993 Jeep Wrangler SaharaI am selling my finished JP Jeep. It's a JP12 with the lightbar and the Jabsco lights all wired up.
I bought it in Canada and imported it into the US. The original build thread is here:http://www.jurassicparkjeep.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1689
~106,000 miles, 6 cylinder, 4.0 L, Automatic
- Factory A/C blows cold and works great
- Original interior. Green carpet, original green center console. Original seats.
- It had a water leak in the Windshield cowl seal. I replaced that and verified no more leak!
- Since it is a Canadian car, all of the instruments were in Metric. I replaced the speedometer cluster so that it would be in MPH and the odometer would be in miles.
- New brake master cylinder
- Recent oil change
- New headlights
- I replaced all of the windshield to roll bar bolts to hex head for easy removal. Also did that to the interior windshield hinges.
- I replaced the driver side seat belt so it's brand new!
- New soft top purchased within the last year. Still very tight and looks great.
- Lightbar with Jabsco lights all wired up and ready to go
- Rear amber lights wired up
- Comes with soft top and half doors. Also including original full doors.
- Includes a set of 5 OEM Jeep Wheels (the screen accurate ones)
- Includes a BF Goodrich "Radial" All-Terrain tire to use as non-functional spare
- I have never had a problem with it starting, idling, accelerating, etc.
- drum brakes have been adjusted
- brake pads are in good shape
- Because of that water leak, the aftermarket radio / head-unit is pretty close to dead. It sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. Would be an easy fix to replace it with a cheap head-unit.
- I have had a nagging issue with the brake pedal. Brakes work fine, but the pedal is soft and once warmed up, sometimes sinks and won't return unless you pull up on the pedal. When that happens, the brakes lights stay on, but the brakes aren't engaged. This can lead to the brake lights staying on after parking. I have gotten the brake position switch worked on as well as replacing the master cylinder and still can't get it resolved. It is more of an annoyance than anything, but doesn't affect braking performance. I have gotten into the habit of pulling up on the pedal when I leave from a full stop.
- Exterior is in great shape with no dents. There is a small bit of rust on the driver's side half door. There is some paint fading for the factory champagne color on the driver's front fender. Since the JP red stripes were done by hand, there is a bit of paint chipping, but not super noticeable.
- There are tears in the driver's seat due to wear and tear from 25 years of use.
- The ABS brake system is disabled and the ABS light is on. I have just been going without it as these cars aren't that great with ABS anyway. You can easily pull the lightbulb from the instrument panel and no one would be the wiser
I am looking to sell this quickly. I would prefer a local sale, but would be willing to take the car somewhere close by to get it loaded onto a shipping truck (buyer would have to arrange and pay for shipping).