1988 Jeep Wrangler YJ FULL CUSTOM V8
- Condition: Used
- Make: Jeep
- Model: Wrangler
- Trim: YJ
- Year: 1988
- Mileage: 6,070
- VIN: 2BCCZ81K1JB510716
- Color: Black
- Engine size: V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Black
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1988 Jeep Wrangler
JEEP WRANGLER V8 TBI – CA Smog Legal!!!
This is a complete frame “on” restored 1988 Jeep YJ. The Jeep was stripped down to the frame and the cab and completely restored. There is no bondo, the Jeep body is all steel.
This Jeep passes all California Emissions. It is registered in California with the V8 and has an ID placket attached in the engine bay showing it has passed all CA engine swap rules & regulations.
The cab was stripped down and then was fully Rhino Lined on the interior. All seat mounts were removed and powder coated. A custom full cage roll bar was constructed, powder coated and installed. The interior has Best Top seats along with shoulder mounted seat belts and tilt steering wheel column. The Interior also has two lock boxes and a custom stereo system complete with a high power amp.
The Jeep has a 1992 Chevrolet 350 fuel injected motor (TBI). The motor was stripped down to the block and machined. From there it received a complete rebuild. The motor has incredible power and runs unbelievable. The motor was installed into the frame using Advance Adapters motor mounts. All new braided fuel lines were installed also to keep the motor running at peak performance. The original transmission was removed and received a complete bench rebuild. It was then matted to the Chevy 350 with an Advance Adapters Bell housing adapter. Also installed is an Advance Adapters slip yoke along with Tom Woods drive shafts. The shifter is a B&M automatic floor shifter.
The motor is kept cool through an oversize advance adapters radiator and a custom-built aluminum radiator shroud. This jeep has never overheated; it runs at a perfect temperature.
The Frame has been stretched 12 inches (by a custom fabrication shop). The Jeep now has the same wheelbase as a Jeep LJ. So lots of additional leg & storage room. The jeep drives unbelievable with the longer wheelbase.
The vacuum mount 4x4 system was removed and a direct connect pull was installed. The Four Wheel Drive system works perfect.
The suspension is a custom 4” lift. The front has a reverse shackle installed and the Jeep has ZERO bump steer. I have owned many Jeeps and this one out drives and performs any Jeep I have ever driven.
The wheels are 18” Moto Metal rims that have been powder coated black. The Tires are Nitto 35” all terrains, also comes with a custom swing away rear tire carrier and Nitto 35” all terrain spare tire.
· Body: 1988 Jeep Wrangler
· Frame: Stretched 12 Inches
· Motor: 1992 Chevy 350 TBI (full rebuild)
· California Legal Engine Swap with ID Tag – Smog’s at any CA Smog Station
· Advance Adapters Hi-Flow oversize radiator
· Transmission: 3-speed automatic (full rebuild) with B&M floor shifter
· Drive Train: Custom Tom Woods driveline with an Advance Adapters Slip Yoke matted to transmission.
· Roll Bar: Custom full cage (powder coated) with grab handles, etc.
· Wheels: 35” Nitto Terra Grappler mounted on 18” Moto-Metal Rims (Black Powder Coated)
· Custom Stereo system with amp
· Tilt Steering Wheel Column
· Rhino Lined Interior
· Best Top Seats
· 2 Tuffy Custom Lock Boxes
· Suspension: 4” spring lift -Reverse shackle in front (zero ‘bump steer”)
· Custom Swing Away Rear Tire Carrier