1979 Jeep CJ5 4.2 w/3sp Full Top Fiberglass tub
Price: US $8,750.00 Item location: Pelham, Alabama, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Jeep
- Model: CJ
- Type: Convertible
- Year: 1979
- Mileage: 81,225
- VIN: J9F93AC027018
- Color: NAVY BLUE
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Interior color: LIGHT GRAY
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive, Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1979 Jeep CJ
You are looking at a 1979 Jeep CJ5 with the venerable 258 cid straight 6 and a 3 speed manual tranny.
The steel body was replaced some years back by previous owners. This is a quality full fiberglass tub that features CJ7 door openings.This Jeep is originally titled out of Virginia and has a clean title from there. It was purchased by the current owner in Alabama.There is NO title from Alabama as they DO NOT issue titles to vehicles older than 35 years of age (Chap 8, Title 32, Code of Alabama 1975)
Sold with BILL OF SALE and all other paperwork including previous Virginia title.
It has a complete fiberglass tub that was painted in a gorgeous Midnight Navy Blue. It has light gray interior that has been rhinolined throughout.
- Comes with extra steering wheel, NEW bikini top, NEW air curtain, and complete Bestop Full top with CJ7 doors, NEW full size spare
There are several custom touches on this nice driver:
- Custom front bumper with 6" KC lights (relay controlled) and shackles
- Custom rear bumber by Road Armor with swing away tire carrier, shackles, hitch, and accessory mounts
- 15x10 alloy wheels (matching set of 5) mounted with Cooper Discoverer AT tires in 95% condition (sized 32x11.50x15), the spare Hankook is NEW
- Diamond plate dash insert with working gauges and aluminum control knobs
- Tuffy locking center console with cupholders, radio protect, and Jeep padded armrest
- Custom lizard shift knobs
- side steps
- Diamond plate rockers
- Shoulder harnesses on integrated roll bar for back seat
- Stainless hood hinges, stays, and latches
- NEW upper and lower radiator hoses
- NEW heater hoses
- NEW valve cover gaskets
- NEW fuel, air, and oil filters
- NEW sparkplugs
It does have some blemishes to the body and a couple of small tears in the front seats (see pics). There are the normal rock chips and other wear that occur with normal driving and this is a 37 year old SUV.The rear frame rails and crossmember have recently been replacedwith Safe-T-Cap replacements by AutoRust and are rock solid.
This is a nice example of an iconic Jeep that needs a new home.
I reserve the right to end this auction early as I have listed this Jeep elsewhere on the interweb. I can arrange shipping.