1978 CHEROKEE __ FULL SIZE JEEP __QUADRA-TRAC__FOUR DOOR
Price: US $99.99 Item location: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
- Make: Jeep
- Model: Cherokee
- Year: 1978
- Mileage: 94,651
- VIN: J8A18NN087836
- Color: GOLD/TAN
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: 4WD
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1978 Jeep CherokeeC l a s s i c 1978 CHEROKEE
FULL SIZE JEEP
__ QUADRA-TRAC __
FOUR WHEEL QUADRA-TRAC, HYDRA-MATIC TRANSMISSSION
WORKS FIN, DRIVES GREAT.
Rusted Cosmetic and Structural
SOLD AS IS, READY TO BUILD
CB/AM/FM RADIO INCLUDED
STOCK RIMS INCLUDED
REAR REMOVABLE BENCH SEAT INCLUDED
Mileage: 94651 Odometer
Condition: Structural and cosmetic rust issue,
Title: Clear Indiana title
Warranty: Sold as-is. No warranty.
GREAT 4 WHEEL DRIVE
This is a great Jeep
It is original, all original.
It has rust, and will eventually need structural repair.
I did some already.
The Jeep runs well, transmission shifts smooth .
Jeep does run, but burns oil.
Jeep could use a good tune up, and has an exhaust leak.
It had been sitting.
Will run, but plan on towing.
All glass is good.
The tires are Good, with plenty tread,
CHECK OUT PHOTOS
Comes with original stock rims,
as well as the custom ones on the vehicle [see photos].
These full size Jeeps are
They are similar to the FSJ Wagoneers.
1978 Jeep Cherokee 4-Door 360 V-8 2-bbl. Quadra-Trac Hydra-Matic (S)
- Jeep Cherokee 4-Door 360 V-8 2-bbl. Quadra-Trac Hydra-Matic (S), model year 1978, version for North America U.S.
- 5-door wagon body type
- 4x4 full-time (all-wheel drive permanent Borg Warner Quadra-Trac 1305/1339 with center differential), automatic 3-speed gearbox
- petrol (gasoline) engine with displacement: 5896 cm3 / 359.8 cui, advertised power: 119 kW / 160 hp / 162 PS ( SAE net ), Torque net: 359 Nm / 265 lb-ft
- characteristic dimensions: outside length: 4661 mm / 183.5 in, wheelbase: 2761 mm / 108.7 in
- reference weights: estimated curb weight: 1960 kg / 4320 lbs, gross weight GVWR: 2812 kg / 6199 lbs
- how fast is this car ? top speed: 153 km/h (95 mph) (theoretical);
- accelerations: 0- 60 mph 13.8 s; 0- 100 km/h 14.6 s (simulation ©automobile-catalog.com); 1/4 mile drag time (402 m) 19.5 s (simulation ©automobile-catalog.com)
- fuel consumption and mileage: average estimated by a-c: 20.7 l/100km / 13.7 mpg (imp.) / 11.4 mpg (U.S.) / 4.8 km/l
I purchased this Jeep a few years back and drove it home over 180 miles with no problem.
TO BE CLEAR, I DROVE IT 180 MILES FROM THE POINT OF PURCHASE, TO MY HOME.
NO PROBLEMS, RAN GREA, USED ABOUT A HALF QUART OF OIL.
Limited funds to inves, so the truck has been stored. I need to sel, but would rather not.
NOTE___In a couple of the photos, it is water on the ground,
excep, directly under the Jee, and the drive shaft was disconnected when I took some of the shots.___