1983 Jeep Scrambler Complete Custom Restoration
Price: US $19,950.00 Item location: Bixby, Oklahoma, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Jeep
- Model: Wrangler
- SubModel: Lifted
- Type: Stretched And Widened
- Trim: Beast
- Year: 1983
- Mileage: 2,500
- VIN: 1JCCM88E8DT029006
- Color: Burnt Orange
- Engine size: 440 Big Block
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Auto B+M Slap Shift
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1983 Jeep Wrangler Lifted1983 Jeep Scrambler Custom Restoration!
This Jeep has been totally restored and refabbed frame off. Runs Great. Here is a link to the video on youtube:Please Click on Video > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0cC9kRVKwE
Please check the bottom of this listing for my list of any known issues!
-Body Widened 10 inches Front to Back- Lengthened 13 3/4 on front fenders & hood with Goodmark scoop. All steel.
-Widened windshield & dash
- New Auto Gage Gauges
- New Stereo & Speakers, CB Radio
- B & M Shifter
- 4 Summit Racing Harness Seats
- 4 Pro-Series G-Force Harnesses
- 48" High Lift Jack
- 2 Optima Batteries
- Master Power Switch
- Custom Roll Cage 1.75 , 120 Wall
- Custom Rocker Guards
- Custom Cage Cover
- Safari Doors with Bags
- New Summit Performance Radiator
- MSD 6 AL Ignition System
- New Trans Cooler / Motor & Trans
- 440 Chrysler! Big Block
- 1969 Forged Crank
- .030 Over Domed Pistons with Valve Reliefs
- New Harmonic Balancer
- 440 Source Distributor
- New Melling Hi Volume Oil Pump
- New Bearings & Machine Work
- Cam 509/292 Isky Cam
- New Milodon 8 Quart Oil Pan
- New Milodon Windage Tray
- New Milodon Dip Stick
- New Milodon Pick Up
- Entire Motor Rebuild / Heads Refreshed- 906 Chrysler with New Springs, Keepers and Retainers
- New TCI Flex Plate
- New Coan 25-2800 Stall Torque Converter
- 727 Tranny All Fresh
- Full Manual Reverse Valve Body
- Clutch Basket with Extra Clutches to Help with Load
- Axels: Dana-44 Front
- New Waren Locking Hubs
- Chrysler 9 1/4
- Tuff Country 4" Lift Spring Kit
- Mickey Thompson Baja Claws 35"x15.5"x15"
- Matching Spare Size 35"x13.5"x15"
- Mickey Thompson Classic II Deep Dish Wheels
- Tom Wood Rear Drive Shaft
- Stock Front Chrysler 1983 Dodge Pickup 4x4 Frame Shortened 22"
- Custom Front & Rear Bumpers Rear with Spare Tire Carrier Front with Short Stinger Bar
This Jeep STARTS, RUNS and DRIVES GREAT! Here are a few small issues:
1. There is some rust bubbling on the 2 panels (Driver side and Passenger side) near the front quarter panels where the "Jeep" is imprinted on the Driver Side.
2. The Radiator Fans Run off a toggle switch on the dash (instead of being tied into a temperature gauge switch)... This is best to just leave "ON" when running the Jeep.
3. There is a small power steering leak but NOT from the power steering pump... rather from where the power steering actually turns the wheels.
4. The Brakes have Front Disc Brakes and Rear Drums, but thevacuum created from the engine is lacking (due to the cam). I added avacuumreservoir which helps the power booster a little bit, but this may need further troubleshooting because the brakes work, but not as well as a newer vehicle, you have to put more effort to stop than average.