1970 Jeep Wagoneer Base Sport Utility 4-Door
- Condition: Used
- Make: Jeep
- Model: Wagoneer
- Type: SUV
- Trim: Base Sport Utility 4-Door
- Year: 1970
- Mileage: 134,649
- VIN: 1414C19309011
- Color: White
- Engine size: 5.7L 5736CC 350Cu. In. V8 GAS OHV Naturally Aspirated
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Red
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1970 Jeep Wagoneer
This is more of a "garage find" than a "barn find"... you can be the third owner of this unrestored 1970 Jeep Wagoneer. The second owner purchased it in the early 70's and haskept it garaged/covered. This is truly a "survivor"!
The paint is original, paint code 432. There is minor rust at the front and back of the wheel wells (see pictures). This would be a relatively easy fix if desired, but they are only original once. The rest of the paint/body and bright work is in amazing original condition for a 1970! We have included close-up pictures of most of these areas.
The interior isin original condition(front bench seat has been recovered but matches well), interior trim code 262. We have gotten so many compliments on the interior of this Jeep, right down to the cigarette burn above the ash tray! The floor mats are not original but match well so we've left them.
The engine compartment is mostly untouched (even down to the windshield washer fluid bag). There is a slight exhaust manifold noise when accelerating. We do have the gasket kit, but have not installed it. The miles are original and have supporting documents. TheWagoneer runs great and drives great (brakes are about what you would expect from a 1970 drum brake setup but it is worth mentioning they pull to the left when you push them hard).
Here are some highlightsof this Wagoneer:
- We just had the fuel systemgone throughand the carb rebuilt so it's running great
- Brakesfunction good as-is but will require maintenance(they pull to the left when applied)
- Drives great down the road for a 1970vehicle
- A/C works but needs a charge (was converted to R-134A refrigerant at 132,102 miles on 7/11/1999)
- Interior is original other than the front seat has been recovered at some point
- Original 350 Dauntless V8 (Buick motor with 230 hp and 350 lb. ft. torque)
- 4-speed manual transmission (I'm guessing it's a T18, wide-spread ratio)
- Miles are original at 134,649 and documented
- We will also include asmall notebook with recordsfrom 89,805 miles (10-12-1976) to 134,614 miles(8-10-2010)