1962 Jaguar Mark 10 (X) Project - FINAL LISTING
Price: US $3,500.00 Item location: McCalla, Alabama, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Jaguar
- Model: Other
- Type: Saloon
- Year: 1962
- Mileage: 100,000
- VIN: 350106BW
- Color: Burgundy
- Engine size: Chevrolet 327
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: Rear wheel drive
- Interior color: Brown/tan
- Vehicle Title: Salvage Want to buy? Contact seller!
1962 Jaguar OtherI've owned this car for about 27 years and drove it regularly until about 23 years ago when it was put into storage. It is a project and will need work to complete. It will be an outstanding rod when completed.
I will not ship this vehicle. The buyer must come view it and, f they want to ship it, ake their own arrangements. There will be no refunds, o make plans to come view the car.
I purchased the car as a project.A new floorpan was welded in up front and a new interior was installed. The engine was completely rebuilt by Charley's Speed and Machine in Blair, E and has about 1,000 miles on it. Over $2,600 was spent on the engine alone. The rebuild included all new parts, orted and polished heads, 30 overbore, nd a 350-horse cam. The engine runs well and has been started regularly. The carb was rebuilt a couple of years ago by Gamble's in Bessemer AL. The tires are Michelins and in decent condition. The car is not roadworthy at this time. I will list what needs to be done below.
1. Low miles on older engine rebuild with good parts. The radiator was re-cored about 15 years ago.2. New interior, ill need wood work and headliner.3. Newly rebuilt front suspension with fresh bushings and shocks.4. Lots of parts for completion. These include stock Jaguar parts and aftermarket parts. Most of the bearings and seals are included to rebuild the brakes, omplete the bearing installs on the front suspension and rebuild the rear suspension. A new set of rear shocks is included. There are so many parts as to fill the (big) trunk of the car.5. It's a very, ery cool car-do some research. Independent front and rear suspensions, t's like riding on a cloud. There are picnic tables with vanity mirrors that fold down for the rear seats. There are adjustable armrests front and rear. It's unique.6. A factory shop manual and a factory parts manual are included. I've been very successful in sourcing new parts and working on the car using these books.
Work that remains to be done:
1, he linkage to the transmission doesn't work properly. At a minimum, his needs to be adjusted. I planned to install a new steering column and linkage and believe this is the proper fix.2. There is some rust-through behind the front wheels and under the trunk pan as well as around the wheel wells. The rear wheel wells have filler in the upper lip. This was done prior to my purchasing the car and is stable. The proper fix is to weld in patch panels to replace the rusted areas.3. New belts and hoses for the engine are in order.4. The connections and hoses exist to install an air conditioner and the original trunk-mounted unit is in place, s is the ducting. The compressor was shot and I made no attempt to install new parts.5. The paint on the vehicle is not original and is fair at best. It was never a great job to begin with and was done prior to my purchase. A complete repaint after metalwork is in order.6. The rear suspension should be rebuilt. I installed new trailing arms recently and most of the seals, ushings, hocks, rake parts, tc. to complete the rebuild are included in this sale.7. Seat belts need to be installed.8. A headliner needs to be fitted. 9. The upper dash wood is in poor condition. This needs to be replaced or covered. I planned to cover it with matching naugahyde.10. A new exhaust system is needed. New headers are included in the sale. Currently, tock exhaust manifolds are on the engine. The pipes were removed past the mufflers.11. The chrome in the bumpers and other exterior parts is pitted and rusted in spots. Expect to re-chrome some parts.12. Other miscellaneous smaller jobs.
I am happy to answer any questions and will post them along with the answers to add to this listing. In the event that I have forgotten something or need to expand on the description, will edit as needed. I answer questions promptly, rop me a line with questions or if you wish to see the car. I am available evenings and weekends.