1956 XK-140MC - Roadster. Concours Condition
- Make: Jaguar
- Model: XK
- Trim: 140MC OTS
- Year: 1956
- Mileage: 3
- VIN: S812977
- Color: Silver
- Engine size: 3.4L
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1956 Jaguar XK 140MC OTS
1956 XK-140MC OTS
This car is a totally numbers matching car which is shown by the unrestored/unaltered Chassis Plate and by the Jaguar Daimler Heritage Trust Certificate. I purchased it in December 1990 and had it in storage until its recent five year restoration. It was a complete disassembly down to individual components, all of which were restored or replaced by proper and approved components. Viartâ€™s book, â€œJaguar XK 140 exploredâ€ was my guide. All records and document are available for review. Listed below are some of the details:
- Frame, all suspension parts, all mounting parts have been powder coated in gloss black.
- Engine, transmission and power train were completely rebuilt by JP European to specs and concours standards. Even though the pistons were in good shape, I had them replace with new Kolben pistons. Engine runs like new. Transmission is smooth and quiet.
- Original radiator was rebuilt with a high efficiency core and high flow flex fan. Engine runs at correct temperature.
- All new stainless steel exhaust system with newly porcelainized headers.
- New fuel pump and fuel lines.
- Complete restoration of the braking system with all stainless steel lines, powder coated drums and backing plates.
- All new suspension components including new leaf springs.
- All major chrome pieces are original and recently triple plated to concours standard. New Lucas fender mounted mirrors.
- All gauges were rebuilt to concours standards by the artisans at Nisongers Instruments.
- All new complete wiring harness. All new rubber throughout the car.
- Complete new interior, boot and top done by K&H European Auto Upholstery to concours standards. Side curtains are on order.
- Disassembly, prep, painting and reassembly: too much $. The paint is a special Ferrari silver (101C) which reflects only silver with no other hue what so ever. It matches my â€™62 Flat Floor.
- Five new Dunlap Chrome wire wheels and knock-offs with five new Vredestein tires and tubes.
Feel free to contact me for any further information or pictures. Car is available to be inspected with short notice. I prefer to sell the car when it has been inspected and tested by the buyer or his/her representative. Car is being sold with no guarantees or warranties what so ever.
Email for further info or photos