Jaguar XJS convertible. Super clean and low miles.
Price: - Item location: Saluda, North Carolina, United States
- Make: Jaguar
- Model: XJS
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: Convertible
- Year: 1992
- Mileage: 55559
- VIN: SAJNW4843NC182514
- Color: White
- Engine size: 5.3 liter V12
- Number of cylinders: 12
- Power options: Heated seats, Power antenna, Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Safety options: Anti-Lock Brakes, Driver Airbag
- Options: CD Player, Convertible, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1992 Jaguar XJS ConvertibleHello and thank you for looking at my listing for my beautiful 1992 Jaguar XJS convertible.
If you have been waiting and watching for the right XJS convertible to show up on eBay this could be what you're looking for. I doubt if you'll find a cleaner, more reliable, low mileage example. I have maintained this car to the highest standards. If something needed to be done - it was done. I have extensive service records which will go with the car. As of now, this car needs nothing. It starts, runs, shifts and drives beautifully.
The convertible top goes up and down correctly, the A/C is cold, the engine cooling and oil pressure are correct. Included are YouTube videos of a cold start, A/C cooling temperature, top up and down, walk around and short drive.
Here is a list of the major work I have had done in addition to regular oil, filter and lube service. The car is always garaged and never driven in rain or snow.
* Replaced differential seals and washer kit.* Replaced control arm bushings.* Replaced front and rear rotors and disc pads including handbrake pads.* Radiator, removed, boiled and cleaned out.* Both thermostats replaced. Correct with jiggle pin pointing up.* Replaced fuel gauge sender.* Replaced outer tie rods and rack boots.* Replaced front sway bar links.* Four new 235/60R15 Hankook Kinergy tires less than 1,000 miles ago. The car rides beautifully on these tires.* New manifold doughnuts - known as olives in England.* New A/C compressor, receiver, OEM A/C switch, R0134A gas.* Spark plugs, ignition wires, rotor and NOS Magneti Marelli cap.* Quarter window LHS up/down repaired.* Installed NOS heated washer jet.* Replaced lower control arm bushings.* Replaced inner and outer wheel bearings and seals.* Replaced bushings on steering rack.* Replaced worn V belts.* Replaced engine cradle mounts and motor mounts.* Replaced front shocks.* Removed and restored fuel tank. Due to moisture buildup over the years from ethanol in fuel, rust had formed inside the tank. It was professionally restored and is is now good for another 25 years. The new fuel pump etc. were installed at the same time.* New fuel pump, installation kit, wiring harness, fuel filter.
Service records and receipts for the above will go with the car.
As you can see, I have not held back on any work that needed to be done. The car drives great and draws attention wherever I go. It has won a First in Class award at our regional British Car Show, Autumn in the Mountains. Award plaque to go with car.
A previous owner had the original radio replaced with a modern AM/FM stereo. I am including the original radio with the car should a buyer wish to return it to original. While talking about the radio I replaced the antenna which now goes up and down smoothly.
The ski slope was replaced by a PO and cup holders take the place of the useless ashtrays.
Also included with the car is a full color dealer brochure for the XJS along with the very hard to find audio cassette for the XJS, the owner's manual and original car radio security code card.
Note that the battery cover is held in place by the correct rotating clips. These are like hen's teeth - very rare.
A/C in operation.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7k41EtXkPU
Top up/Top down.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzWNG6RA7uQ
Check the photos and videos. I've set the reserve at a very reasonable price. Please don't ask what the reserve is. If you make a reasonable offer and it's close to the reserve, I'll let you know.
Please ask any questions before bidding.
Please note, while this car is in exceptional condition it is not a new car and will have wear consistent with a well loved 27 year old vehicle.
The car is sold as is, where is, with no warranty given or implied.
The car is located in Saluda, North Carolina. Stop by, test drive and check it out.
Buyer is responsible for collection and/or shipping of car.