1971 Jaguar XKE V-12 2+2 ( Series III )
- Condition: Used
- Make: Jaguar
- Model: E-Type
- SubModel: 2+2
- Type: 2+2 Coupe
- Trim: V-12
- Year: 1971
- Mileage: 97,889
- VIN: IS 71700BW
- Color: Old English White
- Engine size: 5.3 L V-12
- Number of cylinders: 12
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black Leather
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1971 Jaguar E-Type V-12
Please review for your consideration a very clean and well maintaine, numbers matchin, 1971 Jaguar XKE 2+2 V-12.
Below is a list in no particular order of the multiple upgrades and servicerecentlyprovided to this great ca, either by me personally or by a local reputable and well qualified specialty garage.
Recent servicedetails and improvements to the car:
- Full Polished 2 1/4" stainless exhaust including header collector, cross-over pip, custom mufflers by "Allen'sStainless".
- Exhaust note is outstanding.
- Front end rebuild - including inner/outer bearings & seal, bushings.
- Front brakes - including new cross drilled rotor, rebuilt caliper, EBC yellow pad, Stainless brake line, full alcohol flush and new Pentosin Dot 4 racing brake fluid.
- Rear brakes - full alcohol flush and new Pentosin Dot 4 racing brake fluid.
- Complete Turn-Key Carburetor Rebuild - including all new internal, polishin, new zincplating on all linkages & hardwar, fully balanced.
-Custom 3" polished air intakes with filters to factory air boxes - calculated to match new stainless exhaust - Custom velocity stacks inside factory air-boxes to improve air flow / volume & retain OEM appearance.
- New Distributor cap.
- New Denso Iridium Plugs
- OEM Thermostats replaced with custom restriction plates for improved engine cooling here in Texas.
- New twin electric cooling fans.
- New Fuel Tank - by previous owner, just before my purchase
- New Fuel Pump
- Improved wiring thru engine bay with heat shielding.
- Full Engine bay detailing.
- "F-11 Topcoat" applied to all exterior painted surfaces and glass.
- Full interior detailing.
- Interior including das, leather seats and rear hatch area are in excellent condition.
- Full trunk detailing including spar, tool kit and polished brasswheel spinner wrench.
- A/C System recharged and working.
- Tires including spare are in excellent condition.
- Chrome and all bright work in excellent condition.
- You or your mechanic are more than welcome to fly in for close inspection.
- There is NO prior collision or flood damage to this car.
- Clear title in hand.
Additional background information and history:
- Original owner was the former president of the Jaguar Club of Ohio.
- Car was concourse class winner in 2008 with included posters of the car promoting the event.
- Car was restored and engine rebuilt while owned by original owner in 1990 to the amount in excess of $50 K.
- Prior to my purchas, this car was inspected and reviewed by a Sr. Pebble Beach Judg, with very positive reviews and comment, hence I confidently bought the car without reservation or disappointments.
- I am the 3rd owner of this car.
- Radio has never worked since I've owned it - I never cared sincethis carsounds so goo, therefore I had no interest in fixing it.
Provided with the car:
- Several boxes of detailed spares and new unused service items - all items detailed for immediate use.
- Many original engine bay parts have been retained and detailed to return engine to full "OEM" trim if preferred.
- Extra new factory carpet and trim pieces
- Full box of posters for the Concourse event won in 2008 with Vin number indicated on the posters.
- Full selection of factory service manual, parts manual, tuning manuals.
- Full selection of documentation including initial inspection.
-Those wishing to have vehicle shipped: all shipping arrangements & charges are buyer's responsibility.
- Any claims arising from shipping or damage are between buyer and shipping company.
- Although not a necessit, I run this car on a 50 / 50 mix of 93 octane pump fuel and C-12 leaded race fuel. These older cars love the extra octane boost and the lead which improves top end lubrication, again not a mus, just my preferenc, and it runs like sil, pulls strong on the highway and sounds outstanding.
- If you have any other question, I'd be happy to answer them as best I can ..... enjoy this great car.
A minimum deposit of $1000must be received within 48 hours of the auctions end. All funds received must be by CASH (in person), CASHIERS CHECKS, MONEY ORDERS OR BANK WIRE TRANSFER. NO PERSONAL CHECKS, BANK DRAFTS OR CREDIT CARDS ACCEPTED! Full payment must be made within 7 days of the auctions end. All deposits are non-refundable.
- Out of state buyers are responsible for all state, county, city taxes and fees, as well as title services fees in the state that the vehicle will be registered. All taxes and fees must be paid in full in order for to be titled and registered.
- Bidders without 100% ratings accepted with my approval only.
- Overseas bidders accepted upon my approval only.
- Car is listed elsewhere therefore I reserve the option to cancel this listing at any time.