1975 Jaguar XJ6 L MarkII - Original European Car! One Family Owned! NO RESERVE!
Price: US $3,999.00 Item location: Floyd, Virginia, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Jaguar
- Model: XJ6
- SubModel: L(Luxury) MarkII (EUROPEAN ISSUE CAR) NO RESERVE!
- Type: Luxury Sedan
- Trim: L Mark II
- Year: 1975
- Mileage: 56,000
- Color: Silver
- Engine size: 4.2 L - Straight 6
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Options: Genuine Wood Trim, Borg-Warner Transmission, European (Metric) Gauges, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1975 Jaguar XJ6 L(Luxury) MarkII (EUROPEAN ISSUE CAR) NO RESERVE!1975 JAGUAR XJ6-L MARK II
TRUE EUROPEAN-ISSUED CAR!
Thank You For Viewing My Auction!
You are bidding on my STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL 1975 Jaguar XJ6-L Mark II! The car was originally purchased new in 1975 off the showroom floor - by my father in Munich, ermany. Later, shipped and imported it into the US and have owned it ever since. Car is 100% original.
**Actual Odometer Reading Is 105,000KM, hich Is Approx. 56,000mi - Ebay required that I put "mileage".
(Collector's Note: This car was not available with A/C since it was a European car.)
The car has NEVER been driven in snow, nd only in rain a handful of times when I was caught out in it by accident.
This was truly a leisure/weekend car for our family!
ZERO RUST, LOSSY PAINT and GORGEOUS CHROME still makes this car turn heads! Always garage kept!
The only reason I'm selling this "family heirloom" is because it requires a few minor/moderate mechanical repairs to make it perfect again. It DOES currently run smooth and drive, ut I'm of the age where I can no longer give it the love and attention it truly deserves. Therefore, 'm starting the bidding low, nd placing it at NO RESERVE in hopes that a true enthusiast (or someone who's always dreamed of owning a Jaguar) can also enjoy owning and driving it for many more years to come!
In the interest of full disclosure, nd a fair deal - here is the list of needed repairs. I am very discerning with my automobiles; so while some of these are required repairs - others are what's needed to make it perfect once again:
- Up front:
- Brake master cylinder needs overhaul with new seals and new reservoir.
- Steering rack rubber mounts need to be replaced to reduce play in steering.
- Electric automatic choke requires repair - OR be retrofitted with a manual choke. (Car runs rich)
- Some air intake hoses need to be replaced due to age.
- At Back:
- Both gas tanks have holes at the top (near filler neck) and need to be replaced...From what I've read, his is typical on these cars for some reason. (Note1: ONLY the tanks themselves are damaged - not the body panels.) (Note2: When replacing the tanks, t is logical to replace the fuel pumps...but they both currently work fine.)
- The differential leaks oil and requires new seals. (Note: It's a very slow leak, nd oil levels have been maintained when driving - running gear is fine.)
- Left rear side reflector should be replaced. (Available at low cost from Moss Motors)
- Regardless of the final bid, will require a minimum of a $1,000 deposit WITHIN 48 HOURS OF AUCTION END .
- Balance will be expected in cash or verifiable funds WITHIN 7 DAYS, R AT TIME OF PICK UP (whichever comes first).
- No-shows, r those who don't follow through will forfeit deposit.
- Car is located in Floyd County, A.
- Shipping will be your sole and full responsibility if you choose that option, ut I am willing to drive the car up to 50 miles from my home if necessary to accommodate.
Happy Bidding, nd Thank You VERY Much For Viewing My Auction!