1968 Jaguar E-Type Series 1.5, Fixed Head Coupe (FHC) NOT 2+2
- Condition: Used
- Make: Jaguar
- Model: E-Type
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Fixed Head Coupe (FHC)
- Year: 1968
- Mileage: 47,220
- VIN: 1E35405
- Color: Pale Primrose Yellow
- Engine size: 4.2 Litre
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1968 Jaguar E-Type Fixed Head Coupe (FHC)
You are bidding on a 1968 Jaguar E type (XKE) Series 1.5 Fixed Head Coupe (FHC), NOT a 2+2. Clear title in hand. All engine, body,vin and transmission are matching numbers.Cosmetically and mechanicallysorted.
- Turn key ready
- All lights (exterior, interior and instrument) and rocker switches work as intended.
- Interior panels aligned and straight. Seats are upholsteredin leather and are in great condition, no rips or tears.
- All exterior and interior items are period correct to include the hexagon wheel spinners.
- 4 Speed Manual transmission, Twin StrombergCarburetors, Heat and sound Insulation installed on driver and passenger footwellsand transmission tunnel.
- Solid floor pans with structural integrity, Excellent Chrome, Original Glass on all windows with no blemishes, Excellent Paint and all new interior rubber seals.
- AMCO rear and front safety bars.
- Replaced master brake cylinder in December 2016.
- Final year for the Series 1. Most desired by collectors.
- Original Operating, Maintenance and Service Handbook
- Original maintenance log
- Original Blaupunkt radio, originalmanualand radio literature
- Original jack, Thor hammer, hexagon spinner tool.
- Original Kangol 3-point safety belts.
- LED tail and brake lights.-have original bulbs.
- LED bulbs for instrument cluster gauges.
FOR MORE PICTURES: For more photos on Dropbox, please email me for an extensive photo collection for recent exterior, interior, engine and underside shots.
SEE YOUTUBE VIDEO TITLED .....1968 Jaguar XKE-Walkaround Tour….Video was done by previous owner
FOR ADDITIONAL PICTURES:FOR FULL PHOTO'S, google XKEDATA website and enter Vin 1E35405 in the top left where the empty box is and hit enter. From there you will see a series of photo's all thumbnails until you click on them and then they become FULLSIZE- Any questions please ask.
- First owner: Herma Hill Kay, Berkeley, California 1968-2008
- Second owner, Monte Sheldon owner of Monte Sheldon Jaguar Dealership, Portland Oregon 2008-2013
- Current owner, South Carolina 2013-Present
Just back from a year long $ 45,000 USD Documented full engine rebuild from Classic Jaguar out of Austin, Texas with rebuilt engine, transmission, new cooling system, new and improved aluminum radiator with improved cooling fan, new front suspension to include new Koni front shocks, bushing, torsion bars, ball joints, tie rod ends etc. New steering rack, new and improved high torque engine starter, new battery, new lines, restored speedometer, upgraded engine mounts, water pump rebuild, etc. Have 500 miles on car since rebuild. Documented through invoices, cancelled checks as well as Classic Jaguar website. This rebuild and upgrades was from November 2015 until completion in November 2016.
All the surfaces are clean and correct with very minimal evidence of use. The radio is original. The headliner and visors are original and all lights associated with interior dash and instrument lights and gauges are functional. Original Blaupunktradio, everything works, less clock.
No evidence of rust or appearanceof rust on body, wheel wells, understructure, to include spare tire cavity, boot and door frame assembly.
Priced to sell, a mechanically, cosmeticallyand structurally sound Series 1 E-type.Please do not hesitateto ask any questions you may have about this car.
As stated above a professional mechanical rebuilt was just completed and the car runs and drives. Due to high engine torque starter, car starts easily and idles well.The transmission shifts smoothly and the synchro’s allow easy up and downshifting. The brakes are firm and the car tracks straight and true.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1.Who performed the rebuild; Classic Jaguar, Austin, Texas USA. Entire car was shipped to them for the rebuild and enhancements and all work was inspected,repaired, installed, completed and tested by the professionals on site.
2. Where can I see more detailed pictures of this car- Contact me and I will forward Drop box address
3. For Engine rebuild DETAILS and PHOTOS (34 pictures total). See CLASSIC JAGUAR website out of Austin, Texas---Go to ENGINE REBUILDING TAB and click the blue letters "a selection of engine rebuilds in progress" and look for Job # 2169(4.2 E type) FULLENGINE REBUILD----should be 4th row down, far left and click on pictures(34 total).
4. Is this the original paint? No, it's not the original paint. It is the original color (Pale Primrose Yellow) PPY- The paint on the car was done by the previous owner. The paint is in excellent condition not faded or oxidized as noted in the photo's.
5. Is this a matching number car.Yes, This is a complete matching numbers car...matching numbers defined as four areas---1) Engine, 2) VIN/Chassis Number 3) Gearbox number 4) Body number (the factory plaque is located behind the license plate)...are all the original to this car as it left the factory on April 4, 1968. as per Jaguar Heritage Trust Certificate.
TERMS OF SALE OVERVIEW
I reserve the right to end this listing at anytime should the vehicle no longer be available for sale. The following terms of sale apply to this auction:
Paypal for deposit only--Upon placing a bid you agree to the following Terms: Buyer / Winning Bidder agrees to pay a (Non-refundable down payment) of$ 1,000.00 USD Paypal deposit within 24 hours of auction close no exceptions and balance in full within 7 days of the close of the auction via Wire Transfer. All financial transactions must be completed before delivery of the Vehicle or Title. The original title will be sent to the Buyer upon paying for the vehicle in full.
YOUR BID IS A BINDING CONTRACT. PLEASE ONLY BID IF YOU INTEND TO FOLLOW THROUGH WITH THE TRANSACTION! You’re bidding to own this car, not the right to look at the car. This vehicle is sold AS-IS, WHERE-IS. This vehicle is an old classic car and is not being represented as a new car; but rather a beautiful classic car. Once the Auction has ended and the Reserve has been met, the high/winning bidder is responsible for payment and for arranging shipping.
Fees and Taxes:
Out of state buyers are responsible for all state, county, city taxes and fees, as well as title/registration fees in the state that the vehicle will be registered.