1964 Jaguar MK2, Manual, Overdrive, 3.8, RHD, Mark 2, Saloon, MKII
- Make: Jaguar
- Model: Other
- SubModel: MK2, Mark II, MKII
- Type: Saloon
- Year: 1964
- Mileage: 104,000
- VIN: 117513
- Color: White
- Engine size: 3.8
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Red
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1964 Jaguar Other MK2, Mark II, MKII
No Reserve Auction. 104,000 miles. Car was delivered as a 2.4 L, 4 speed with Cream paint and red interior. Jaguar Heritage Certificate will be included. Right hand drive. Originally delivered to Sydney, Australia Apr. 1964, where it was purchased by me in 2003 and brought to San Diego. Car has been upgraded to 3.8 L, 4 speed synchromesh transmission with overdrive some time in the past. The cylinder head does not have a serial number so this may have been a dealer installation with a replacement engine? This is a "B" type straight port head so adding a triple carb setup is possible. Fast, reliable and fun to drive. Engine runs cool and strong. 40 PSI oil pressure @ 3000 RPM hot. Electric overdrive shifts perfectly. Never has left me stranded. Featured in the Welsh Jaguar 2013 Calendar (included). Documentation includes pictures and correspondence while owned by a prominent New South Wales Opposition Party Leader along with the specialty NSW license plate. No expense has been spared to keep this car reliable and always ready to be driven. The transmission, the overdrive, or both started leaking about a year ago. Does not effect how the car shifts and I have gotten into the habit of checking it and topping up as necessary. Just not a big enough issue for me to warrant the hassle of pulling it out to replace the seals. If oil on your garage floor is an issue then this will bother you. Current CA black plates will transfer with car. Entered in only 2 local British car shows and took 1st & 2nd in class. That said, this is not a show car, but a very nice driver that can hold its own at any car show. Have service and parts receipts dating back to 1999. Since my ownership I have made a few (reversible) upgrades for the sake of drivability/reliability:
- High torque starter motor
- 60 A GM alternator (due to higher output amp gauge replaced with volt gauge, original amp gauge included)
- Aluminum radiator/electric fan/surge tank
- Poly suspension bushings
- Pertronix electronic ignition on a rebuilt distributor
- Spin-on oil filter adapter
- Bolt-on wire wheels. No worn out splines.
- Exhaust manifolds have been JetHot coated.
New Connolly leather seats, door cards, tunnel vinyl in 2003. Just now starting to get that broken in look. New BAS carpeting and wool headliner installed in 2010. Carpet installed over Dynamax sound deadening material over entire floor pan.
Repainted in correct Old English White in 2011.
Many Coombs-type performance upgrades have been installed:
- - Louvered hood
- - Heavy front sway bar
- - Air Spreader
- - Derrington steering wheel
- - SU HD-8 2” carbs
- - Quick ratio steering gear box (from the MK 1) provided but not installed
- - Manual switch for AED starting carb
- - Fiberglasswheel spats
Becker Europa AM/FM/SW radio with electric aerial.
Complete original toolkit. Also included are owners and official workshop manuals.
4.27 non-LSD rear end.
Bolt-on wire wheels. No worn splines or knock offs to deal with.
- - Transmission and/or OD leaks. This car definately marks it's territory.
- - Chrome on bumpers is less than perfect and over riders have a few dents
- - Transmission center mount bushing is perished and should be replaced
- - Windshield wiper motor not working & missing windshield washer pump/jar
- - Steering wheel horn button not working. Alternate button installed.
- - Speedo reads fast and needs calibration.
- - Interior wood has not been restored and showing it's age, dash wood has become unglued at the edges.
- - Drivers door card has two small splits in the vinyl.
I love this car but my interests have changed so it is ready to go and be driven and enjoyed by another enthusiast. Please look carefully at the photos and feel free to contact me with any questions. If you are looking for a four door sports car that looks, sounds, and drives great but not so perfect that you are afraid to park it anywhere, then you should consider this Jaguar.
I've included a short video at the end of the photo gallery of the engine idling and running through the gears.Photo gallery click to enlarge