1963 Jaguar E-type Series I Roadster. Recently shown at JCNA Concours event.
- Make: Jaguar
- Model: E-Type
- SubModel: E-type XKE Series I
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: 2-Door Roadster
- Year: 1963
- Mileage: 38,034
- VIN: 879704
- Color: Opalescent Silver Blue
- Engine size: 3.8L 265hp
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Dark Blue
- Options: Convertible, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1963 Jaguar E-Type E-type XKE Series IEmail: email@example.com Phone: 980.216.8550 1963 Jaguar E-type Series I Roadster Please Read All
Motorcartrader.com is proud to offer this exquisite 1963 Jaguar E-type 3.8 Roadster for sale. This great Jaguar E-type was built on June 21 of 1963 and dispatched on July 9th of 1963. This car was originally sold to WR Teunes. We had the car repainted in its original Opalescent Silver Blue color and it has the original color Dark Blue interior. We purchased this special car in early December of 2015 from the previous owner. He purchased the car in 2002 with 36,241 miles on the odometer (Currently has 38,034) and the car was previously restored prior to his ownership. The car was not driven much during his 13 years of ownership. It was mechanically maintained by Jaguar e-type specialists such as Donovan Motorcar Service and others during most of his ownership. When we purchased the car, it was not running or driving and needed complete brake work. The owner apparently had lost interest in the car and unfortunately that is when these cars are not at their best. In addition, it had other needs such as paint. The paint was okay from 15 feet away, but the body, structure and engine were so good, we decided to have the car repainted and more to bring this great car back to life. Some of the work we did to this car to bring it back was as follows:
- Drain and flush fuel system with new fuel lines.
- Rebuild and adjust carburetors.
- New fuel pump.
- Engine oil and filter changed.
- Brake system gone through with new master cylinders and new calipers. New vacuum hose installed (yes the one in the picture is incorrect).
- New emergency parking brake cable.
- New Clutch Slave and master cylinder.
- Car taken down and disassembled for paint.
- Repainted to its original Opalescent Silver Blue color. Underside of bonnet and the boot area painted as well in body color.
- Underside and engine pressure washed.
- Engine compartment completely detailed. Valve covers removed, Intake manifold and carburetors disassembled for polishing (new gaskets installed). The engine block was repainted and frame rails cleaned. The control arms were degreased, cleaned and painted.
- Exhaust manifolds ceramic coated inside and out for longevity.
- New upper radiator and heater hoses installed.
- New full stainless steel exhaust system installed with new stainless resonators.
- Rust Free underside painted with 3M Body Schutz (out of a paint gun to go on evenly).
- Chrome bumpers replated with new over riders.
- All new weather stripping installed on the body.
- New triplex windshield installed with all new seals.
- Sugar scoops taken out and repainted.
- New 15” Welsh original style steering wheel installed. The original 16" steering wheel is included.
- Convertible top frame cleaned and detailed.
- New Canvas Convertible top installed with matching boot fitted.
- New trunk Trim Kit installed.
- Clean and detail suspension components. (The rear end was recently taken out and rebuilt prior to our purchase).
- Valve adjustment done and carburetors tuned as need after adjustments.
- New header tank installed.
- New steering column bushings installed.
- New Retro Radio installed.
- New gear reduction starter installed.
- All switches and lights gone through.
- New Sun visors with all new hardware.
- An electric cooling fan has been installed. This car never gets hot. We have driven this Jaguar on 90 plus degree days and it holds temperature perfectly and has not gone above the mid-range of the temp gauge.
- New Dayton Chrome wire wheels installed with new chrome knock offs.
- Warm compression test done on 6/17/16. The results were excellent: cylinder: 1-165 psi; 2-170; 3-180; 4-180; 5-180, 6-180. This is very important information to have when looking at any older car. Also has great oil pressure as well, as can be seen in the pictures below.
- A Jaguar tool kit and knock of hammer are also included.
- Over $45,000 worth of invoices from the previous owner and from work we have completed.
We did show this car to be judged at the JCNA (Jaguar Club of North America) Concours show in Little Switzerland, NC on July 14, 2016 . It was shown in the D2/E1 class SI XKE (1961 -1967) Driven Division and was judged by JCNA judges. This car scored 989 out of 1,000 which are divided by 10, so it has a NET score of 9.89 out of 10. The majority of the deductions were 8 points (out of 1,000) for my 205/65 R15 as they are slightly taller and wider, but so much improves the overall driving of the car. We place 205/65 R15 tires on several of our e-types, because they improve the ride and handling. This score certainly confirms the excellent overall condition of this great car!
This car is a high level driver/show car and it is an absolute joy to drive. There is plenty of power and pull in all the gears, as the engine is very strong. In addition, this great car does have the correct replacement Jaguar E-type Series I 3.8 engine. The engine head does match the engine block as seen in the pictures. The transmission has been upgraded as well to a 4-speed all synchro Jaguar E-type gearbox. This transmission is silky smooth, unlike the original moss box or "crash box." We do have the Heritage Certificate as well. There are no noises in any of the gears or coming from the rear end or any unusual noises for that matter. Furthermore, this car is exceptionally tight at any speed and takes turns with ease. The steering is precise and direct. The car does not wander and does not fade in either direction on hard braking. It starts with ease. The clutch feel good, is firm and does not slip. Overall this is one of the nicest driving e-types to be found anywhere, as we have driven this car in the warm NC weather and driven a lot of other e-types as well. In fact when we took our video below, the temperature was about 97 degrees outside. Nothing quite drives like an e-type that is truly right and has been gone through correctly. We specialize in Jaguar E-types and in making our cars ready and great to drive anywhere. This car is no exception and one of the nicer Jaguar E-types we have offered for sale. A great investment collector car to drive, show and enjoy.
- Condition# 1 (Concours): $261,000
- Condition #2 (Excellent): $182,000
- Condition#3 (Good): $103,000
- Condition#4(Fair): $67,100
- June 2016 MotorCarTrader.com,LLC (our sale)-1965 Jaguar E-type 4.2 Series I Roadster-$215,000
- May 2016 RM Auctions Monaco-Lot#235-1967 Jaguar E-type 4.2 Series I Roadster-$176,000
- March 2016 RM Auctions Amelia Island-Lot#168-1965 Jaguar 4.2 Series I Roadster-$181,500
- January 2016 RM Auctions Arizona-Lot#237-1962 Jaguar E-type 3.8 Series I Roadster-$297,000
- January 2016 RM Auctions Arizona-lot#241-1962 Jaguar E-type 3.8 Series I Roadster-$159,500
- May 2016 BaT (Bring a Trailer Auctions)-1967 Jaguar E-type 4.2 Series I Roadster-$170,000 (correct engine and year, but not the original engine)
- Gooding and Company March 2016 Amelia Island-Lot#23-1962 Jaguar E-type 3.8 Series I Roadster-$203,500
- Gooding and Company Arizona 2016-Lot#7- 1961 Jaguar E-type 3.8 Series I Roadster-$260,000
- Gooding and Company Arizona 2016-Lot#50-1966 Jaguar E-type 4.2 Series I Roadster-$385,000
- Gooding and Company Arizona 2016-Lot#132-1966 Jaguar E-type 4.2 Series I Roadster-$220,000
- Gooding and Company Arizona 2016-Lot#156-1965 Jaguar E-type 4.2 Series I Roadster-$192,500
- August 2016 Gooding and Company-Lot#12-1966 Jaguar E-type Series I Roadster-$253,000
- August 2016 Gooding and Company-Lot#104-1962 Jaguar E-type Series I Roadster-$198,000
Hagerty Value Guides has the current value of a 1963 Jaguar E-type SI 3.8 Roadster:
Hagerty Vehicle Valuation Report with Current and Historical Values:
Here are some recent auction results and comps from similar Jaguar E-type Series I Roadsters.
- August 2016 Bonhams-Lot#74-1967 Jaguar E-type Series I Roadster-$220,000
- August 2016 RM Auctions-Lot#122-1965 Jaguar E-type Series I Roadster- $253,000
If a mutually agreeable price has been established the buyer is responsible for shipping costs, and all applicable taxes.
- A 10% deposit is due immediately and full payment must be received within 7 days after the auction has closed. All inspections must be done before or during this time.
- Please only serious interest on this vehicle.
- If you have any specific questions please ask them BEFORE you participate in the auction.
- This car is available for sale locally as well, so we reserve the right to cancel the auction if the car is sold.
- Motorcartrader.com, LLC is the owner of this car and we do have clear title.
- Cars are available for viewing and inspection, by appointment to serious parties. It is the buyer’s responsibility to do all research, inspections and decision-making regarding these vehicles to verify condition and authenticity. In addition to have satisfied himself or herself as to the condition and value and to bid based upon that judgment solely. In other words please make sure you are comfortable with the car, its condition and sure the car is right for you before participating in the auction.
- These cars are classic automobiles and are sold “AS IS” with no warranty stated or implied or written. No allowance or set aside will be made on account of any incorrectness, imperfections, defects or damage. These are not new cars and most cases older than 40 years old. They should be driven, maintained and treated as classics. All sales are FINAL.
- Any descriptions or representations are for identification purposes only and are not to be construed as a warranty of any type
- Seller assumes no responsibility for any repairs regardless of any oral statements about the vehicle. We are not a customer service or restoration shop for these cars.
- PLEASE UNDERSTAND: Please make sure this car is right for you by asking questions and we would be happy to go over the car with you over the phone or arrange an inspection.
- Because of the years of most of these cars and their age, we cannot verify that the mileage is original from new unless otherwise stated. We reserve the right to cancel any bids on any user with negative feedback or 0 feedback.
- If you are bidding and have negative or 0 feedback or completely new to ebay, please inform us of your offer to confirm that your intentions are to buy this vehicle. When you have placed an offer this means that you fully understand ALL of these terms and are willing to abide by ALL of them. Thank you and good luck bidding on this great automobile!
This automobile is available for inspection in Cornelius, NC (near Charlotte, NC) and by appointment only. All cars sold “AS IS” with no warranty stated or implied with all faults and imperfections. No allowance will be given for any of the cars imperfections. Please read all terms as listed below, so you as a potential buyer understand the sale terms. International Buyers Welcome. We spend a lot of time on our presentation, research, driving, repairs, and finding great cars to offer, so please ONLY SERIOUS interest in this great vehicle. If you have any questions please email us or call at:firstname.lastname@example.org or call or text me at 980.216.8550About Us: MotorCarTrader.com, LLC:At MotorCarTrader.com, LLC our sole focus is to buy and sell high quality Classic Sports Cars that can be driven and enjoyed. Our cars offered for sale have great ownership history and/or have been restored well. What separates MotorCarTrader.com is that we have a small inventory and take a lot of time to make these cars right to drive and enjoy. Furthermore, our cars represent an excellent value for work that has been done and overall condition, and are sold for prices where they will appreciate.We are not brokers and are very selective about what we buy to offer for sale.Thanks for looking at our great cars for sale and if you have any questions please let us know.
ATTENTION: Notice to All Interested Parties: Terms of Sale
PLEASE READ TERMS BELOW
***The Pictures are listed below as well as a Video. They will load shortly and you can view of over 100 pictures.***
Or You Can Click Here For Pictures of this Great CarVideo: A Short, but Fun Drive
View our entire inventory of Classic Sports Cars online at: