JAGUAR XJ6 4.2 Liter 1984 Series III ONE OWNER SUPERB CONDITION
Price: - Item location: Irvine, California, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Jaguar
- Model: XJ6
- Type: Sedan
- Trim: 4-door sedan
- Year: 1984
- Mileage: 140,600
- VIN: SAJAV1343EC380128
- Color: Cobalt Blue
- Engine size: 4.2 Liter
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: AUTOMATIC
- Interior color: Tan
- Options: Cassette Player, Leather Seats, Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1984 Jaguar XJ6JAGUAR XJ6 4.2 Liter 1984 Series III SEDAN- ONE OWNER- SUPERB CONDITION
This is it! Unless you can find an extra Jaguar in Jay Leno's warehouse, or somebody's car kept garaged and never driven all these years, you'll have a hard time finding a 1984 Jaguar like this!
Jaguar connoisseurs know that this model year is much sought after, because a few years later Jaguar was sold to the Ford Motor Company, who began to use Ford parts and designs in Jaguar cars... that is, Jaguars were no longer "pure" Jaguars afterwards! In the early 1980s, after Sir John Egan became the chairman, quality control at Coventry took a giant leap, and the Series III was born... thus the years 1983-1986 or so are the "sweet spot" for Jaguar collectors: Earlier years models are legendary for the amount of trouble they get into, while later years are not pure Jaguar pedigree... true to form, this Series III baby never gave me serious trouble, and left me stranded only once in 32 years (a broken hose.)
Single owner, purchased by yours truly from the legendary (and now defunct) Newport Imports Jaguar dealership on Coast Highway in Newport Beach (CA) in 1984, meticulously maintained (records available) and babied from the minute it left the dealership! After 32 years, we find we don't drive it much anymore, and it's time for another Jaguar enthusiast to enjoy it.
This Jaguar has been garaged all these years, NOT used for commuting, but just for weekend fun drives. That is, almost all driving was done at freeway speeds, keeping the engine humming with low carbon deposits, and everything functioning nicely!
Car has been meticulously maintained by Jaguar specialists. Everything works, everything original as much as possible, even the radio. Original factory paint! Original Connolly leather seats (maintained with "Hide Food" conditioner.) Minor wear in the driver seat, a bit on the passenger seat, and none on the back seats. Airplane-style dual gas tanks, separate A/C controls for the back, regal arm rest on back seat. Enhanced details, such as wood burl transmission handle (see pics.) When it came time to replace the tires, I kept buying the original Pirelli 4000s. Why? Because this tire has the desired side wall strength to keep the car handling curves as a Jaguar should! These tires need to be special ordered, because Pirelli only manufactures them infrequently. All original owner's and maintenance manuals available just as when I bought the car new. Trunk in as-new condition, including the original tool set (never used.)
What has been done:
1) If you are a Jaguar enthusiast, you know the nemesis of these cars is that water accumulates on the bottom edges of front and rear windows, eventually causing rusting. I had an expert body shop clean it all up and replace and reinstall the front and back windows with new seals and extra sealant (See pics.) Result: you won't have to worry about this problem for many years to come!
2) Another (less frequent) problem: The headliner glue eventually disintegrates and the headliner becomes loose. I had an expert car upholsterer completely replace the headliner... looks beautiful! (See pic.)
3) Original A/C used the now-banned type of coolant. A/C has been refitted to run with currently legal coolant. A/C runs just fine!
4) With time, the catalytic converters lose their filtering ability and the car won't pass smog tests. Some years ago I had the converters replaced (expensive!) so you won't have trouble passing tests in the future. (By the way, I just had the car smogged for the sale, passed handily!)
5) Of course, multiple maintenance steps were performed over the years too numerous to mention, to keep the car running in top shape.
What else can I tell you? Look at the pictures, they tell the story. If you have any questions, please email me, or call me at (949) 752-1849 (By the way, check out my eBay feedback ranking!) I do believe that if you wish to own one of Jaguar's golden years models but don't want to spend every other day in the shop, you can hardly do better than this. Driven, yes, but well-cared for since I bought it brand-new 32 years ago.
Personal pick-up only. Owner will not ship the vehicle, must be picked up in person. Cash only on delivery. Non-refundable $200 deposit required within 48 hours of auction close. PayPal for deposit only.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL BUYERS:
The vehicle being sold by the Seller is sold 'AS IS' and the Seller does not agree to or promise any type of guarantee or warranty, whether expressly written or implied. Buyer must also agree that Seller shall not be responsible for any defects, repairs or other costs that may be associated with the above listed vehicle being sold by the Seller.. Both the Buyer and the Seller shall agree that the terms of the sale of the vehicle listed above do not contain any other commitments, covenants or promises other than those contained in the terms of this bill of sale contract.