COLLECTIBLE 1992 Jaguar XJ12 S3 Vanden Plas V12 #28 Limited Edition * AMAZING
Price: - Item location: Berkeley, California, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Jaguar
- Model: XJ12
- SubModel: Vanden Plas
- Type: Sedan
- Year: 1992
- Mileage: 153,292
- VIN: SAJDL1843NC486056
- Color: Black Cherry
- Engine size: V12
- Number of cylinders: 12
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Doeskin
- Safety options: Anti-Lock Brakes
- Options: CD Player, Leather Seats, Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1992 Jaguar XJ12 Vanden PlasDue to imminent, and unexpected, relocation to Europe, I'm having to sell my dearest possession: a 1992 Series III XJ12 Vanden Plas, number 28 of the last 100 Series 3 cars ever built in Coventry for the Canadian market, which found its way into the US via a series of reputable owners and collectors. This model was discontinued in the US in 1987, making this a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity,
I've had this car in my possession for only a few months, purchased at an estate sale. At the time, the car had been sitting for the better part of the past year, but it was in immaculate condition: pristine interior, all electrics working, straight beautiful body, a wonderful rare Black Cherry color. Even the cigar lighters looked like they'd never been used.
After buying it, I subjected her to a meticulous tuneup (I replaced all filters, injectors and connectors, fuel rail hoses, fasterjags wires, new cats, new mufflers, and everything else that seemed in need of replenishment). She starts right up, idles steadily at 650RPM, never overheats (even at Friday afternoon bumper-to-bumper traffic for an hour on the Bay Bridge), is rock solid, with a very tight suspension, transmission shifts smooth and brisk, accelerates better and smoother than my 2001 XJ8, and cruises at any speed. No clunks, no rattles, not an inkling of shimmer. She truly lives up to the "magic carpet" ride people talk about. Eager and quiet. This car was practically hand-built.
Whilst performing the tuneup, I did a compression check on all cylinders. They yielded a whooping 205 ±10. All of them were between 195 and 210.
This model, which features a commemorative plate, came fully optioned. EVERYthing that Jaguar had at its disposal at the time is included in this car, both trim and engine-wise:
* 5.3L V12 engine
* ABS brakes
* trip computer (all working obviously)
* piped leather interior
* "pepperpot" wheels
* cruise control
* central locking
* large outer headlamps - EU style with wipers
* twin fuel tanks with valve and switch completely operational
* and so on.
Overall, she is a collector's item in my books.
There are a couple of caveats I should mention for your consideration:
* I did NOT recharge the A/C, although all the plumbing, compressor, fans and blowers work
* the trunk lock actuator works, but the lock has been tampered with: a new barrel will be due
* it has a couple of long surface scratches on the roof, please see pictures
* it has a discoloration the size of a ping pong ball just rear of the right-hand fuel tank door
* the electric antenna does not extend. It could be as simple as a fuse/connection or as bothersome as a new antenna motor
* mileage: ~155,000 miles, or 246,700Km
* lack of paper trail: somewhere along the line all the paperwork was lost - though with her numbered provenance it should be retrievable
She is currently located in Berkeley, CA, fully smogged, clean titled and registered till January 2017. She can be driven home today. In fact, I will drive her for you if you're within reasonable range, just for the pleasure.
Please email me for more pictures.
This is a highly coveted and very collectible model, and it's priced accordingly. She's being offered for $16,500.