1955 Jaguar XK140 Drophead Coupe - Low Original Miles
Price: - Item location: Steubenville, Ohio, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Jaguar
- Model: XK
- SubModel: XK140 Drophead Coupe
- Type: Drophead Coupe
- Trim: Jaguar XK140 Drophead Coupe
- Year: 1955
- Mileage: 68,810
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 6 cylinder
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: Manual
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1955 Jaguar XK XK140 Drophead CoupeWelsh Enterprises Inc. 1955 Jaguar XK140 Drophead Coupe - Mileage: 68,810 miles. These are original miles to our knowledge.
- Chasis number available to bidders only. Please call 800-875-5247 ext. 120. Will not be given over e-mail.
- Two owner car to our knowledge
- Does not include tool kit
- Does not include heritage certificate
- Sold "As Is" with no implied warranty
1955 Jaguar XK140 Drop Head Coupe with matching numbers in classic red is a running and driving beauty. This XK140 is mechanically sound. A perfect car to enjoy on the road, or a solid driving car for someone looking for a restoration project to make show quality.
Model History: The XK140 was introduced in late 1954 and sold as a 1955 model. The XK140 was only manufactured for three years. Exterior changes that distinguished it from the XK120 included more substantial front and rear bumpers with overriders, and flashing turn signals (operated by a switch on the dash) above the front bumper. Another notable change to this car are the roll up windows. The interior was made more comfortable for taller drivers by moving the engine, firewall and dash forward to give 3 inches (76 mm) more legroom.
The XK140 was powered by the Jaguar XK engine with the Special Equipment modifications from the XK120, which raised the specified power by 10 bhp to 190 bhp (142 kW) gross at 5500 rpm, as standard. The Drophead Coupe (DHC) had a bulkier lined canvas top that lowered onto the body behind the seats, a fixed windscreen integral with the body (the Roadster's screen was removable), wind-up side windows, and a small rear seat. It also had a walnut-veneered dashboard and door cappings.
Production: Total Jaguar Production for 1955 XK140 3,573 XK140 Production (1954-1957) 8,884 (3,347 roadsters, 2,797 fixed-head coupes, and 2,740 drophead coupes)
Shipping Information ** Shipping arrangements or vehicle pickup will be made after the sale.
Return Policy ** Non-returnable
Payment Options ** Payment must be made immediately after the auction's closing, or we hold the right to re-list the item.
Why buy from Welsh Enterprises?
- We are the largest independent supplier of
Jaguar spares worldwide
- Over 40 years of Jaguar parts & spares experience
- We carry a complete line of parts for all Jags from early XK's to the new XJ
- Same day world wide shipping
- Knowledgeable sales staff
- On-site Jaguar parts salvage yard
- All of our parts are checked before shipping to ensure 100% quality
- We manufacture many aftermarket parts
- We are your #1 source for Jaguar performance parts and accessories. Don't be fooled by imitations!