1987 Jaguar XJS Convertible
Price: US $23,500.00 Item location: Stillwater, Minnesota, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Jaguar
- Model: XJS
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: Coach Builders Limited
- Year: 1987
- Mileage: 20,126
- VIN: sajnv584xhc138877
- Color: Regency Red
- Engine size: 5.3 V12
- Number of cylinders: 12
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Biscuit
- Options: Cassette Player, Convertible, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1987 Jaguar XJSStunning - Pre-Hess Coachbuilt XJS convertible.
Low Miles, must see to believe. Just over 20K miles from new. No rust, extensive maintenance history. Fitted car cover also included. The phone is slotted into the ash tray space. The ash tray is present and it can be put back to stock look in 15 minutes.
This is not a common XJS.
1. Unique conversion that left the gas tank alone, even Hess+Eisenhart had to cut and weld the tank leaving the owners with fuel leaks and a convoluted fueling system with an additional tank and pump. This car uses completely stock mechanicals.
2. Early car. Pre-89 XJS' are thinning out, let alone a good one, they are becoming very rare in any condition.
3. Just over 20K miles
4. One family owned since new
5. All documentation since new (it is extensive)
6. Runs perfectly without flaw (What else would a 20K mile car do)
7. The seat from the coupe was retained, no jump seat and no tacked on, Ikea quality, storage box in the back seat area of this car.
8. The conversion was a no expense spared ordeal and it took up to a year to complete. Absolutely every material used was top quality, from the top boot being made of padded leather to the sound deadening headlining covered with tan tweed material. Even Jaguar themselves didn't take the convertible to this level. The quality is such that in the car the difference between the coupe and this is indistinguishable. No wind noise, no leaks, just a fantastic experience.
9. The only XJS with stabilizer bracing to eliminate scuttle shake. This XJS was designed to be as tight as a coupe.
Specially ordered, all documentation from new is present including the conversion documentation. None nicer anywhere. Services up to date, completely rust free, never neglected or winter driven.
Top is electric and sweeps up/down perfectly. For that matter every single thing on this car functions perfectly. Every single item works, electric and mechanical - without fault.
All tools and manuals accounted for.
Pictures speak for themselves. If you require any more or anything in particular please contact me and I can send many more directly to you via email.
I know no car better than the Jaguar XJS, if you have any questions please call and I will be happy to assist or provide whatever information you need.
- Added: Below is the data table from the Carfax. I have the complete Carfax and can forward the full sheets as well as scan over the correlating service history if you want. No accidents, no damage history at all.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Regarding 2011 (8999 miles)
- The actual physical paper invoice with the documentation shows 18999 miles.
- 8999 is a reporting discrepancy.
- ALSO, title transferred to son of original owner in 06' - Car remained garaged and sparingly exercised from that point forward