1984 Isuzu P'up Standard Cab Pickup 2-Door 2.2L Diesel MPG+ 5-Speed
Price: - Item location: Rockville, Virginia, United States
- Make: Isuzu
- Model: Other
- SubModel: MPG+
- Type: Standard Cab Pickup
- Trim: Base Standard Cab Pickup 2-Door
- Year: 1984
- Mileage: 149,999
- VIN: JAABL14S1E0726532
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: 2.2L 2238CC l4 DIESEL OHV Naturally Aspirated
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Diesel
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Blue
- Options: CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1984 Isuzu Other Base Standard Cab Pickup 2-DoorI should start by informing the potential next owner of this truck that I am in no way a mechanic and have a limited knowledge of any potential future issues that may present itself once the vehicle is in your possession. The truck is being sold AS-IS is with no returns accepted and all responsibility held to the new owner concerning additional repairs or maintenance needed to keep this vehicle running. With that being said, the truck is currently running and I will be doing my best to provide all the major issues the vehicle currently has. Thanks.
1984 Isuzu P'up 2.2 Diesel RWD MPG+ Edition. I have tried to provide as many pictures as possible to show the current condition of this truck as I feel this the best method. Please examine them closely, because what you see is what you get. Now onto the issues that I am aware of.
-The battery does not currently hold a charge. I had recently replaced it and the new battery also drained. So, there may be an issue with the Alternator or possibly something else. The belt to the Alternator appears loose but am not sure if that is the issue. I was able to charge the battery enough to get it running and it turned over easily (have a small video of the truck running) but have no idea how long it will last until it needs to be charged again.
- The Odometer currently shows 149,999 miles but every time it tries to turn over 1000 it will hang up and continue to show ...999. I am not sure of the amount of miles it takes, but it has always eventually turned over and continued to log mileage. Therefore, I have no idea what the actual mileage of the truck is.
- The fuel gauge works but only ever registers up to around 1/4 of a tank (regardless of how much fuel is added). Once is goes below this level it appears to work properly and will drop to empty.
- It has AC I have never used it and don't know how well it operates. Also, the AC belt is currently missing but I have what I think is the correct one included with the truck.
- It is missing its original fuel cap (which is very hard to find and is a 3-Prong cap. It currently has a 2-Prong which is incorrect and fits but not well at all and does not form a good seal)
- Front suspension squeaks pretty good and may need new parts and/or a grease job. Your friends and family will know when your coming and going.
- Broken sun visor bracket on the driver's side. Visor is not currently installed. Was entertaining the idea of having one 3-D printed which could be an idea for the new owner.
- Driver's side door sticks when trying to close but I have routinely sprayed some WD-40 on the hinge which seems to help but only for a bit.
- Glow Plug light appears to be faintly lit while the truck is running. I have not looked into the cause of this.
These are all the known issues I can think of at the moment but feel free to ask any questions you may have and will try to answer them as best I can. I will also keeps this listing updated with any additional information I may recall. I have owned this truck for at least 4 years (I think) and really has provided reliable transportation. These Diesel engines have quite a following for their robustness. I have a copy of the original service manual but it is pretty beat up and may be missing some pages. It will be included in the sale. All 4 tires are relatively new and have almost full tread. The spare also has good tread and was the best available from the previous set on the truck (therefore not original). So to recap, please review all pictures as they are the main description of the vehicle. Ask any questions you may have. Vehicle is sold AS-IS without warranty or returns, ALL SALES FINAL. Shipping is the sole responsibility of the new owner (but I will help the shipping company load the vehicle if needed). Title is clear but true mileage is unknown. Vehicle is also being listed locally, so listing may be ended early if truck sells. Thank you and good luck. Please do take the time to view all the additional photos.