1980/78 Scout II - lifted, great mods, runs excellent
- Make: International Harvester
- Model: Scout
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: Scout II
- Year: 1980
- Mileage: 33926
- VIN: k0062kgd11189
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 304
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Black
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Safety options: Lap Seat Belts
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive, Cassette Player, CD Player, Convertible, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1980 International Harvester Scout Scout II
1978/1980 International Scout II, 304 V8, automatic 4x4-modified, high-performance, great condition
For sale is my 1978/80 Scout, which started when I got the '78 (bought in 1996 with only 34k miles) with a great drivetrain but bad body, and then got the '80 (bought in 2000 with only 32k miles) with a great body but bad transmission .I swapped the trans from '78 into the '80 and started driving and modifying it (have all paperwork for both).The body is great for a Scout, only had some typical floor/rocker panel/cab mount rust you get from leaky cowl/A-pillar vents (which still leak slightly when it rains) - all was quickly repaired to use as a driver (not restoration quality), repairs have been holding up for 20 years with no new rust (only minor surface rust on other parts from being outside).
Notable features & upgrades:
- 1980 304 V8 motor with original mileage
- 1978 Torqueflite 727 3-speed automatic transmission & Dana 20 transfer case ('78w/ ~34,000 original miles)
- 4 barrel Edelbrock Performer 500 CFM w/ electric choke, Edelbrock air cleaner and K&N filter. Note-I believe there is a vacuum leak (hoses show some cracking), so you have to give it throttle while shifting into gear to avoid stalling. Also has old gas, so carb could probably use a cleaning.
- Pertronix electronic ignition (no points) and coil
- 120 amp alternator
- 2 Â½" dual-exhaust w/ crossover & Flowmaster 50 Series 3-chamber mufflers, Hooker headers (not yet installed)
- Dana 44 axles front & rear, 3.31 original gears w/ Trak-lok limited slips (also included is a set of 3.73. gears), new driveshaft u-joints
- Rancho 2 Â½" lift springs, 2" lift shackles, 1" body lift, ProComp shocks, drop pitman arm (to be installed), stainless steel brake lines
- Cragar rock crawler 15x10 steel rims w/ 33x12.5 BFG All-Terrain tires w/ a full second set of wheels (some tires need to to replaced due to age)
- Custom fabricated light bar w/ 4 55W floodlights & spotlights (easily upgradeable to LED), 3" front push bar w/ 55W fog/driving lights (easily upgradeable to LED), Hella H4 headlight lenses w 55W halogen bulbs (LED upgrades included)
- 1980 body (factory rust-protected), IH Red paint (original except where repaired/red primer)
- White removable hard top
- Bestop black soft top (not shown)
- D&C Extreme Bumpers w/ shackle mounts, front & rear 2" hitch receivers, rear spare tire/fuel can carrier
- Bushwacker fender flares
- SSII grille
- 6x8" stainless steel side mirrors
- Custom fabricated/modified roof rack/basket (from a Nissan Xterra)
- Custom fabricated side step nerf bars,
- Imperfections - rockers, floors edges &front cab mounts had typical Scout rust, damage was cut out and repaired.Rear quarters/tail caps were dented, have been repaired (right rear quarter still has a slight dent from separate incident).Repairs have been primed but still need finish paint (primer color closely matches original factory paint).Roof and windshield frame also had a couple of rust spots that have been repaired. Original reproduction steel rockers/cab mounts/fenders/tail caps are included should you want to restore, as well as a set of fiberglass fenders & rockers. Pictures of repair work available.
- Recaro Porsche 911 black leather front bucket seats w/ camo covers (drivers seat has partial split in bottom cushion seam-repairable). Original plaid 60/40 front bench seat also included.
- Removable black cloth (IH OEM) rear seat. Original plaid cover also included.
- Roll bar and GM shoulder belts (to be installed)
- Custom fabricated polished aluminum diamond plate center console
- Pioneer head unit, equalizer and CD changer w/ amplifier and speaker box (trunk), power stereo/CB antenna, Clifford alarm (speakers not yet installed but included). Kenwood DVD w/ bluetooth, nav & HD available at additional cost ($200)
- Future upgrades (not yet installed, parts included)
- T-19 4-speed manual transmission complete w/ all parts to convert to stick (flywheel, clutch -stock & 12" Centerforce Dual Friction, pedal assembly, linkage, hardware)
- Auto transmission performance shift kit/valve body and deep sump pan & cooler
- Twin-stick transfer case shifters (included)
- Carter electric fuel pump & Racor filter (3/8" aluminum line already installed)
- Rugged Ridge snorkel kit (from Jeep, will require modification)
- MSD 8mm wires
- Roll bar, front shoulder belts
- Hooker headers
- SPAL power windows/locks, intermittent wiper switch, Cobra remote CB radio
- Front & rear speakers
- Factory AC compressor and components
- Body parts -rear quarter panels (steel & fiberglass), end caps, cab mounts
- Several crates of various spare parts
- Rustoleum bedliner (2 kits)
- 8' Western snow-plow complete w/ custom quick-connect mounts (available for extra $500)
Arguably a Good condition truck, though some things are Fair so priced in between. Everything works, just needs some adjustment and to finish some of the things I had been planning to do, so it's ready to use as is, keep modifying, or take back to original condition.
Located in West Milford, NJ 07421. Sold as-is, where-is. Driveable, but given the vacuum issue and that it will be loaded with all the spare parts, I would suggest towing. Will ship anywhere at buyers expense (nationwide shipping is about $1000 or less). $500 non-refundable deposit within 24 hours, balance by bank check or wire or cash at pick up within 3 days, can store longer until pickup or shipped if paid in full.
That's everything I can think of, happy to answer questions, share more pics and videos, and entertain good offers.