1969 International Scout 800A - V8 304
Price: US $9,100.00 Item location: Reno, Nevada, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: International Harvester
- Model: Scout
- SubModel: 800A
- Year: 1969
- Mileage: 74,130
- VIN: xxxxxxG349757
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 304
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Black
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1969 International Harvester ScoutUp for sale is a 1969 International Scout 800A with the "numbers matching" 304 V8 and 4 speed trans (line setting ticket is attached).
It's about as original as they come and in really great condition. No cancerous rust anywhere and even still has the original International Harvester red paint. It's a great candidate for a winter restoration or just drive it as is. I've driven it around town now for months.
- About 95% original. The only things I know that are not original to this vehicle are the side mirrors, the chrome wheels, and the rear bumper (the rear bumper is a scout bumper....but it's off of an earlier model 61-64). It really doesn't look too bad though and it works.
- Virtually rust free. Nothing cancerous that I have been able to find. Rockers and kick panels are super solid.
- Engine runs and transmission shifts smooth. 4 wheel drive works as well.
- Passenger door was damaged at some point in time and was repaired. It's been resprayed about half way up and doesn't look that great. I tried to buff it out but was not successful.The door regulator was also bent when the door was hit and is missing the handles. It needs to be removed and straightened or replaced.
- It has a few other dents along the body. Both front fenders, and one on the drivers side hood.
- Missing marker lights.
- The fuel system needs to be cleaned out. The driver's side tank works fine....but I've been staying away from using the passenger side.
- The top needs some love. It appears that something fell on it at some point and put a crease in it. Definitely nothing that a body shop couldn't fix....but wanted to mention it.
I've seen a lot of Scouts over the years....and this one is really solid. You would probably search years to find another one like it.
These 800 V8s are becoming super hard to find.
Get in while you still can!!!
Thanks for looking. Let me know if you have any questions.