1970 INTERNATIONAL SCOUT SR-2 BURNISHED GOLD 304 A/T BRONCO FULL TOP EXCEPTIONAL
- Condition: Used
- Make: International Harvester
- Model: Scout
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: SR-2
- Year: 1970
- Mileage: 25
- VIN: 782887G411852
- Color: Gold
- Engine size: 304 V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Black
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive, Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1970 International Harvester Scout SR-2
If you are looking for a great investment, this 1970 International Scout 800A SR-2 in Burnished gold would be a very smart choice. They only made 500 of these Prototype SR-2’s in this color with the remaining 1500 in red. This was a one year only option, and could be had with any engine and transmission combination. This one has the 304 V8, and the Borg-Warner three speed Automatic, which was the most expensive option available. The line setting ticket will come with; photo included. This Scout is numbers matching from the correct color paint to the engine and transmission, factory rally wheels, and the removable traveltop that has sliding side windows and the factory luggage rack.
It has taken a full year to get this Scout finished. After 20 years and 12 Scouts restored, I think I have gotten pretty good at it. There has been much more done to it than the average one you will see. I was very fortunate to find one that had never been offroaded. It was owned by a gal in Seattle who kept all of her repair receipts going back to 1980. They will go with the car.
When I stripped the car to bare metal, I was amazed to find there was no bondo anywhere. All of the panels are original. I did find five small areas that had to be cut out and new metal welded in. Both fuel tanks, bumpers, lights, all glass including window and door regulators plus all internal brackets and door handles, locks, Steering column, entire Dash and Brake Pedal Assembly were removed prior to paint. The body was sprayed inside and out with epoxy primer, then blocking primer before it was sealed and painted in base clear to the original color. This color was only used for the SR-2, and luckily PPG had a cross-reference number for it. The top was also done with the original white that they again only used for this car. I also used base/clear and removed the sliding windows, luggage rack and the liftgate prior to shooting it. The luggage rack rails and the mounting brackets are not perfect, but certainly usable. The runners that screw right to the top are very nice and have stainless steel fasteners. They also keep the top nice and firm. No oil-canning
There are many maintenance items like new leaf springs, bearings, radiator, shocks, brakes Ect. that have been done to it thru the years, and here is a list of all of the new done to it this year.
· New Optima Red Top Battery with new Positive and Negative Cables
· New Hood Struts. The hood is so much easier and safer to open now
· New Pertronix Igniter 2 electronic ignition. Engine still looks stock other than the Chrome Mallory Coil. Runs well and is very reliable
· All New Auto Meter Gauges and indicator lights. They look stock but are more reliable and the gauge cluster is much easier to remove if needed
· Both Fuel Tanks were thoroughly cleaned and installed after painting with new Senders, OEM style Filler Necks, and new Billet screw on gas cap adapters that are low profile. They won’t let the fuel leak like the factory ones. You can change tanks while driving, and there is a switch on the dash you just flip for that tanks fuel level.
· New 2-Speed Electric Windshield Wiper Motors w/ Separate Switches just like the original vacuum system. They are from Back Country Binders and are very well built. Also new Adjustable Wiper Arms and Blades.
· New Green Tint Windshield W/ New Rubber
· New Belt-Line Weather-strip (Door Window Fuzzies)
· New OEM style Door Weather-stripping that allows the doors to close easily
· New top Weather-stripping including new Door Opening Rubber
· New window channel for the roll up windows. They operate very smoothly with no rattles.
· Interior is all original including the crack free Dash Pad and Sunvisors. The only reason I put new upholstery on the front seats is because I had to strip the drivers seat of the foam and cover so I could re-weld the rear bracket on it. I did replace the backing on the door panels with ABS and installed them with new clips. I also took apart the rear seat so I could paint the frame in Black Base/Clear
· Floors have been sprayed with Raptor Two Component Bed Liner
· New RetroSound AM/FM Stereo w/ Aux input for IPod or other player. Fits right in the original spot. I also welded in new studs in the original speaker location so a new Dual Stereo Custom Autosound Speaker System could be installed. Way better sound than stock with more options. Also a New OEM Style Antenna
· Dash was repainted original color and texture
· New Glove Box Insert and 12 Volt plug
· Steering Column re-painted and installed with a new firewall seal
· New SR-2 Vinyl just like OEM for the sides. I don’t like vinyl on hoods, so I did a faithful reproduction in base clear. Will last many years longer than the vinyl and looks way better.
· New Fresh Air Intake Hose custom ordered, super heavy duty.
· Original Rally Wheel Spare and Unrestored Tire Carrier Included
· New Chrome ‘Hi-Lux’ Outside Rear-View Mirrors
· New Tail Light Lenses
· New Windshield Washer Bottle and Pump
· New Horn Relay, Yes it works, as does the auto-canceling for the Turn Signals
· New Old Stock International Ignition Switch
Rear Axle Dana 44 has 3.73 Power-Lok limited-slip differential
Front locking Hubs turn easily, 4 Wheel Drive works great
I have only put 25 miles on this Scout since finishing it, but it sure gets the attention when I have taken it out. The engine runs very well and has no noticeable smoke or issues when driving it. If it sits for a few days, it can smoke a little on start up, but goes away quickly. Pretty common for these engines. The transmission shifts well with no issues. It drives straight and true and can go highway speeds with ease. Everything works on the Scout except the back-up lights and the heater cable is stuck. Two Speed Fan works, and it is very easy to set the flap for the heater core open or closed. As with all used vehicles it will be sold “as-is”, so please ask any questions ahead of time, and please only bid if you have cash in hand. If you need to get a loan or want it professionally inspected, this must be done Before the Auction ends. I will need a 500 dollar deposit at the close of the auction by way of PayPal, with the balance due in the form of Cash, Cashiers Check or Bank Transfer within 5 Business Days. All checks will need to clear my bank before the car can be released. It will come with a Clear Oregon State Title in my Name.
Scout SR 2 1970 800A rare Burnished gold 304 A/T - YouTube
Video will open in a new window[isdntekvideo]